Author Topic: RG350 - Install EmulationStation  (Read 4542 times)

MashTec (OP)

• MashTec's Youtube channel
RG350 - Install EmulationStation
« on: February 11, 2020, 10:25:47 pm »
Hello guys,
it's MashTec here...
i made and shared a video to show you how to install EmulationStation to your RG350. In my opinion it's the best front-end for the RG350 since it gives you a well organized overview about your emulators and roms/games.
All you need is a micro SD-card. I suggest to get one with at least 16GB.
From then on it just takes a few steps to setup EmulationStation for your RG350. If you are interested in installing this great front-end to your RG350, check out my video about it ;)

<a href="https://web.archive.org/web/20200809193802/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuuJ94pVL_I" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuuJ94pVL_I</a>

If you like to stay tuned for more videos, feel free to subscribe to my channel!
Follow me on Youtube for more explicit and unique tutorials on the RG350 http://www.youtube.com/c/MashTec

goldmojo

Re: RG350 - Install EmulationStation
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 03:57:46 pm »
Hello @MashTec ,

Thank you for your work and tutorials. I set up emulationstation, it works perfectly.

I wanted to activate the "favorite" section and discovered that the OPK file contains a version 2.0 or 2.1 (date of the binary is 18/01/2015). This feature appears in ES 2.4.0 and further.

Do you plan to port current (retropie) emulationstation release 2.9 to GCW or could you share current ES for GCW source code ?

Best regards

darkasian777

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 09:45:23 pm »
Thank you for this tutorial!

I followed directions exactly as described, however when I select Emulation Station in the R350 nothing opens, the program tries to open and then fails. Anything you would suggest looking at?

bearbear

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2020, 06:18:25 am »
i did too and same issue. but i fixed it. i made the .emulationstation folder myself and added the files. now it shows up and boots up. now i need to add box art, i wonder if video media is supported?

goldmojo

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 06:24:12 pm »
I had the same issue because this version of Emulation Station does not support UTF-8.
You can check if your metadata files contain accentuated characters.
I wrote a script in order to remove all those special characters, everything went fine after that.

bearbear

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2020, 10:44:49 pm »
yes, i had to do that too, get rid of ? in every gamelist file.

emulationstation boots up now.

i have rg350m. the resolution seems to be set lower so its all blurry.

every theme i add doesnt load propery (probably too much ram needed?)

id love to find more themes that actually work with ES. Also, wish the shut down for ES wouldnt spend all day writing xml files.

the start up scripts also did not work for rg350m. both would boot up ES at 1/5th the screen size. unrelated, simplemenu for rg350m produces a weird flicker that my eyes cant handle.

ES is definitely my favorite and am willing to learn to make my own theme, but i dont know the limitations of the ES.opk for rg350.

any more info would help

Yan

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2020, 12:30:58 am »
Is it possible to install it on GKD 350H?

McShivers411

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2020, 07:59:06 am »
yes, i had to do that too, get rid of ? in every gamelist file.

emulationstation boots up now.

i have rg350m. the resolution seems to be set lower so its all blurry.

every theme i add doesnt load propery (probably too much ram needed?)

id love to find more themes that actually work with ES. Also, wish the shut down for ES wouldnt spend all day writing xml files.

the start up scripts also did not work for rg350m. both would boot up ES at 1/5th the screen size. unrelated, simplemenu for rg350m produces a weird flicker that my eyes cant handle.

ES is definitely my favorite and am willing to learn to make my own theme, but i dont know the limitations of the ES.opk for rg350.

any more info would help

I'm having the same problem with my RG350m. ..would love to find a solution to this.  I looked in the es_config and didn't see anything about screen resolution...

Post a new topic
Post a new topic