Author Topic: RG350 "ROGUE" CFW  (Read 145695 times)

_-Caleb-_

• Profile in GP32Spain
Re: RG350 "ROGUE" CFW
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2019, 02:20:07 am »
Without quotes, thats not a competition, is a choice, thats is gpl and gnu mean, if u doesnt understand this point, this handheld isnt for u..

If this cfw is not a problem for the opendingux creator, open dingux was not a problem for booboo, the dingux creator... Why is a problem for u? Seems like only are looking for a Flame... Same as rxbrad and others...

About my apps will be released when they are finished.

About Vietnam, lol really?

Regards!

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 6 Pro mediante Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 02:40:05 am by _-Caleb-_ »
- Nullum Gratuitum Prandium -
RG350 user

Ninoh-FOX (OP)

« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2019, 06:27:04 am »
tiny wall of rage text
M'kay, sure. It's truly unfortunate you've had to undergo such a horrific experience, but then there's the greater majority of us who has solid hardware, and just wants one solid firmware to make it complete; not two.

Have you seen the Nintendo Switch scene and Atmosphere vs. SX OS? It feels like undergoing Vietnam flashbacks... having to trudge through debate after debate of X vs. Y, and new users being hopelessly confuzzled.

That's exactly what Vietnam was like. Let's not make Vietnam 2.
I doubt you know what Vietnam was like, however I know from firsthand experience what Bosnia, Kosovo, Iraq, and Afghanistan were like.
This doesn't compare in any way to any war or combat zone since the dawn of civilization.
It's not giving me any "flashbacks" and I've probably damn well seen and participated in more real-world war over a two decade time period compared to anyone else on this forum.
You picked the absolute wrong analogy to debate me with, son.  I'm old.  I've seen things you wouldn't believe.
If you don't like how things are going, then go do your own thing instead and stop trying to berate others into doing what you want.
Guess what *always* leads to war?  Berating others and trying to force them to do things they don't want to do.

oh!  I didn't know I had a gun partner here, regards comrade!  8)

HercTNT

« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2019, 09:11:19 am »
MASSIVE WALL OF RANT TEXT

I don't care about your firmware rage. 
Chinesium handhelds like these are *always* going to be a gamble with firmware, software, and hardware.
The screen on my RG350 has already gone bad, and another user's RG350 has met the same fate this week.
You want solid firmware? 
Well, I want solid hardware that survives at least a few years (like the GCW-Zero) and not a month (like the RG350).

It truly sucks that your device went bad, i don't blame you for being irritated. However your expirience is not the same for everyone. I have had many such devices (my dingoo a320 still works fine as well as all three of my rs97's and my rg350) without the issues you have had. It's not like the GCW0's have not had their issues either. Many have broke over the years for others users.  lets not disparage the firmware based on your results.

goodfodder

« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2019, 09:52:12 am »
My opinion; the software is open source; which by definition is use at your own risk.
It is also generally accepted opening up hw is likely to invalidate ones warranty for what it is worth. For me this is a non issue as sending it back to China would cost me nearly as much as a new device.

As to customer confusion this I appreciate as the device devs have not made it clear / easy for consumers to source official software releases, hence one ends up googling sites like this. The devs use of discord for coms is not very professional to be honest

Ninoh - please keep up the good work, appreciate having an alternative build. To me as a consumer it is clear this is not an official release and consumed at my own risk however suggest maybe a disclaimer in your original post to prevent future rants?

For me the OC is where this fw really shines over the stock build, indeed it would be nice to see some higher oc?s if possible?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 10:10:05 am by goodfodder »

Xaijiqq

« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2019, 12:48:16 pm »
The devs use of discord for coms is not very professional to be honest

seriously whats with the discord exclusivity surrounding the device?  everything is discord this and discord that

npaladin2000

« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2019, 01:52:44 pm »
The devs use of discord for coms is not very professional to be honest

seriously whats with the discord exclusivity surrounding the device?  everything is discord this and discord that

There was a Github, complete with registered issues and such. But not enough people used it.
Join the RetroGameHandhelds Discord: https://discord.gg/p4uRmCd

Partitipate in the RetroGameHandhelds GitHub, Wikis and FAQs: https://github.com/retrogamehandheld

Hellboy82BR

« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2019, 03:03:32 pm »
Hi, first of all, thanks for all support and amazing work here!
I'm using the Rogue CFW and some issues and questions appears:

I tried to edit things like the: "Selector filter","Title" and "Icon" by pressing select button and choosing "Edit (Emulatorname)"
It look like works (aparently) but, when you start an emulator and back to Gmenu2x, it bring back the default settings.

Am I doing something wrong? 😅

Edit: I am using the version 1.7.9.1

« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 03:22:02 pm by Hellboy82BR »
Gemei A-330, JXD-7800, Rs-97, Rg-350, Pocketgo2
Eu escolhi esperar! ✋ 🙃

RxBrad

• RxBrad.com
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2019, 03:48:24 pm »
I know I'm the bad-guy here now, but I genuinely want to know if this latest FW with the updated timings has been tested on a unit with a known malfunctioning LCD.  It might actually fix what they previously thought was broken.

And this latest overclock implementation looks a lot better than the previous locked-in 1100 or 1080Mhz firmwares.

EDIT: I see @Nicofilms post here, but based on the timestamps, it looks like he may have updated to the version before this one with with updated LCD timings (?)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 03:56:00 pm by RxBrad »

rafavico

• Videogames by Rafa Vico
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2019, 05:01:45 pm »
@Hellboy82BR you are right. I have to check if name or icon in gmenu2x are attached to opk, because frequency is correctly saved.

HercTNT

« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2019, 05:57:46 pm »
I know I'm the bad-guy here now, but I genuinely want to know if this latest FW with the updated timings has been tested on a unit with a known malfunctioning LCD.  It might actually fix what they previously thought was broken.

And this latest overclock implementation looks a lot better than the previous locked-in 1100 or 1080Mhz firmwares.

EDIT: I see @Nicofilms post here, but based on the timestamps, it looks like he may have updated to the version before this one with with updated LCD timings (?)

its possible some people misunderstood your line of questioning. I don't consider you a bad guy and apologize if i came across wrong. I simply wanted to convey that these devices come with a degree of risk once you modfy them from stock.

Hellboy82BR

« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2019, 09:23:39 pm »
@Hellboy82BR you are right. I have to check if name or icon in gmenu2x are attached to opk, because frequency is correctly saved.

@rafavico Oh I got it! Thanks so much!🙏 
Eu escolhi esperar! ✋ 🙃

iball

« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2019, 09:42:37 pm »

Nope.  Didn't fix the bad screen on mine.

Ninoh-FOX (OP)

« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2019, 09:19:09 am »
Hi, first of all, thanks for all support and amazing work here!
I'm using the Rogue CFW and some issues and questions appears:

I tried to edit things like the: "Selector filter","Title" and "Icon" by pressing select button and choosing "Edit (Emulatorname)"
It look like works (aparently) but, when you start an emulator and back to Gmenu2x, it bring back the default settings.

Am I doing something wrong? 😅

Edit: I am using the version 1.7.9.1

No, all is ok, the problem is that gmenu2x read the metadata of opk when gmenu is reloaded and overwrite the config, I need fix this.

Ninoh-FOX (OP)

« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2019, 01:33:42 pm »
update 1.7.9.2

Optimized update opk script for that ckeck and repair boot partition.

Fix flasher script, not more error segmentation fault, but now the flasher for opk time take about 15min, all is automatized, so you not need do nothing.

Gmenu2x updated, now you can edit the opk icons, name, description and files filtre.

Gmenu2x now can on/off the screen with the power button, not more "ghost wakeups". thanks to Rafa Vico (https://github.com/RafaVico)

RG350 test updated, now you can see the sdcards free space. thanks to Rafa Vico (https://github.com/RafaVico)

Updated Esotoric to the last version. Thanks to Podulator (https://github.com/podulator/esoteric)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 03:15:10 am by Ninoh-FOX »

Hellboy82BR

« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2019, 05:00:14 pm »
update 1.7.9.2

Optimized update opk script for that ckeck and repair boot partition.

Fix frasher script, not more error segmentation fault, but now the flasher for opk time take about 15min, all is automatized, so you not need do nothing.

Gmenu2x updated, now you can edit the opk icons, name, description and files filtre.

Gmenu2x now can on/off the screen with the power button, not more "ghost wakeups". thanks to Rafa Vico (https://github.com/RafaVico)

RG350 test updated, now you can see the sdcards free space. thanks to Rafa Vico (https://github.com/RafaVico)

Updated Esotoric to the last version. Thanks to Podulator (https://github.com/podulator/esoteric)

@Ninoh-FOX  Nice improvements  ;D I gonna try it!  Thanks!
Eu escolhi esperar! ✋ 🙃

Stouffa

« Reply #75 on: December 23, 2019, 08:28:00 pm »
Is anybody having problems running software under this new firmware? I can't get the Atari 800 emulator to start anymore, and it was working well until quite recently (I can't remember exactly which firmware revision it was working with last, but the Atari emulator is from these forums, so it must be after I upgraded to the rogue firmware)

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

wallacefung

« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2019, 05:17:34 am »
Just flashed my RG350 with Rogue 1.7.9.2. I have connected my Handheld to PC with USB-C port2.
When I am playing FBA and unplug the USB-C cable, it will restart OS immediately.

Ninoh-FOX (OP)

« Reply #77 on: December 24, 2019, 07:29:59 am »
Just flashed my RG350 with Rogue 1.7.9.2. I have connected my Handheld to PC with USB-C port2.
When I am playing FBA and unplug the USB-C cable, it will restart OS immediately.

that happens since version 1.0 of the system

Is anybody having problems running software under this new firmware? I can't get the Atari 800 emulator to start anymore, and it was working well until quite recently (I can't remember exactly which firmware revision it was working with last, but the Atari emulator is from these forums, so it must be after I upgraded to the rogue firmware)

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Atari 800 work for me

« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 07:38:37 am by Ninoh-FOX »

Shanti777

« Reply #78 on: December 24, 2019, 08:18:18 am »

Ninoh-FOX (OP)

« Reply #79 on: December 24, 2019, 10:56:12 am »
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 01:37:01 am by Ninoh-FOX »

Post a new topic