Author Topic: RG350 "ROGUE" CFW  (Read 28636 times)

elea

Re: RG350 "ROGUE" CFW
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2019, 08:30:33 pm »
New update 1.7.9 (see the log changes)

NOW YOU CAN FLASHER WITHOUT OPEN THE CONSOLE!!!
Needs more testing.  The flasher OPK ends with a bus error / segmentation fault.
Then I had to hit the reset button at which point it booted up and started re-sizing the micro-SD card.
But after it finishes re-sizing it seems to work fine.

Does "seems to work fine" also mean that your screen now works?

iball

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2019, 09:26:59 pm »
New update 1.7.9 (see the log changes)

NOW YOU CAN FLASHER WITHOUT OPEN THE CONSOLE!!!
Needs more testing.  The flasher OPK ends with a bus error / segmentation fault.
Then I had to hit the reset button at which point it booted up and started re-sizing the micro-SD card.
But after it finishes re-sizing it seems to work fine.

Does "seems to work fine" also mean that your screen now works?

Nope.  Screen still borked.  But that's not this firmware's fault.

Eliwood_san

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2019, 02:19:26 am »
LOL for archiving purposes dont try to this in your GCW zero the firmware of Nino-Oh,even boot fine the logo.....but in the final approach to get the settings right it get very screwed.Im not mad to get bricked my zero.

In fact they have the power slider button lost so in that state even if i sell it....its not good,so instead i put this opk and see what results are with this frankestein

This the image from the boot logo:

HercTNT

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2019, 05:31:02 am »
LOL for archiving purposes dont try to this in your GCW zero the firmware of Nino-Oh,even boot fine the logo.....but in the final approach to get the settings right it get very screwed.Im not mad to get bricked my zero.

In fact they have the power slider button lost so in that state even if i sell it....its not good,so instead i put this opk and see what results are with this frankestein

why would you do this. the firmware is not meant for the gcwzero. were you just curious?

Eliwood_san

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2019, 05:54:26 am »

why would you do this. the firmware is not meant for the gcwzero. were you just curious?

I know their firmware its not suited for the GCW Zero....yep only tested the opk to see if this R350 firmware can install it.In fact to see running the custom logo running its what i ge so far and i get bricked.

I have a psp,new2dsxl and android gamepad with a phone... .

Im not worry about my unit it.I decide to sacrifice to the devs xD,

Its dificult to obtain a button slider powe replacement  for the GCW Zero and its more difficult to sell it in that poor state here where i live.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 06:01:08 am by Eliwood_san »

Ninoh-FOX (OP)

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2019, 06:56:19 am »
Aaaa.... This kernel and ubiboot not is does for GCW0...

adventureFAN

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2019, 08:35:59 am »
Why removing OpenDingux logo?
IMO it is respectful to leave to logo because your firmware is based on OpenDingux.
My Handhelds: PS Vita, PSP (1000), New 3DS, NDS lite, GBA SP, GB Micro,
LCL Pi-Boy 3A+, GPD XD (Old), PowKiddy X18, RG350, PlayGo, GKD350H.

Favorite: GPD XD
Waiting for: Odroid Go Advance

elea

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2019, 09:49:53 am »
Why removing OpenDingux logo?
IMO it is respectful to leave to logo because your firmware is based on OpenDingux.

Because the original OpenDingux devs don't want the OpenDingux name on such projects?

adventureFAN

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2019, 09:59:27 am »
Is this a fact? oO"

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2019, 10:20:20 am »
Your GCW Zero is not bricked, you can recover it with the OD rescue CD.

About the OpenDingux logo, Ninoh-FOX asked me about it, and I said that I prefer that the logo doesn't appear on the boot screen, since it's a derived product (you wouldn't put Debian's logo on Ubuntu) and to make it clear that the two projects are separate. But mentioning the affiliation in e.g. the system info app is fine.

adventureFAN

« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2019, 11:00:40 am »
Hmm... okey.
When I'm the dev of something and someone makes something based on my stuff I would honored when there is a "based on >my stuff<" x]

But okey ^^

elea

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2019, 11:15:38 am »

Ninoh-FOX (OP)

« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2019, 01:41:49 pm »
Yes, opendingux reference only can be see in system info:

Eliwood_san

« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2019, 08:57:13 pm »
@Eliwood_san Time to unbrick! https://boards.dingoonity.org/gcw-releases/opendingux-rescue-disc-v0-1/

Thank you but i have a little problem....how to flash the OpenDingux Rescue CD in Zorin OS? its a distro ubuntu.....all the tools i have for the GCW Zero to flash to the usb are for windows.

The other advice Ninoh-Fox give me in the forum elotrolado,the gcw zero have alternative "recovery" its to press x+y and put the original GCW Zero Update in my microsd....the only miss information to know its to put that update in the folder apps or put in the root of the microsd..so i dont know which how to put them.I need some help here.

Sorry for my lack of advanced english language,its not my native language

Dont worry about my unit Ninoh-fox,the GW Zero its a unsupported community device and my unit have a defective hardware...selling its not a option,so i was doing some experiments xDDD jajaja
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 01:43:58 am by Eliwood_san »

spyroskonst

« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2019, 08:57:30 pm »
OMG did i saw right?
I can not wait for the hibernate option on future update!!!

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2019, 09:41:43 pm »
Thank you but i have a little problem....how to flash the OpenDingux Rescue CD in Zorin OS? its a distro ubuntu.....all the tools i have for the GCW Zero to flash to a usb are for windows.
There are a couple of software you can use, for instance Etcher.

Ninoh-FOX (OP)

« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2019, 10:48:25 pm »
OMG did i saw right?
I can not wait for the hibernate option on future update!!!

This is what I've been giving rounds all weekend, the problem of suspension is basically that rootfs is mounted in read only, I have two options, and the two difficult for me, first, get to update the kernel to a version that allows mounting  rootfs in write mode, I got the kernel 4.1, but the button mapping was not correct, the brightness is always 100% and more things that would fail, I tried to put the changes of 3.12, but with that the screen did not turn on and entered  bootloop, another option that also escapes my hands is to configure minis-part to mount rootfs in boot / root and copy it to an empty ext4 partition ... I'm trying to see if I can assign the commands "blank" and "unblack  "to some button, which would be the closest thing in the short term.

Another thing I looked at was to adjust the jz4770_fb as Pcercuei said, although my unit is doing well, it seems not to solve the problem of defective screens.

02k0

Re: RG350 &quot;ROGUE&quot; CFW
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2019, 10:54:14 pm »
Best wishes!

Any support for GKD350h I future?

https://youtu.be/L0YylVMgGDg

Enviado de meu moto g(7) play usando o Tapatalk

ace9094

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2019, 12:02:26 am »
Hi nice CFW... Thanks

Question: I have put Beats of Rage back on but I cannot the folder to add the PAK files... On the old CFW it was in the Home folder.

I have rebooted and launched the app... Any idea>?

Nevermind, shutdown and disconnected the USB then next reboot the folder was there :)

Thanks
ace
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 12:10:55 am by ace9094 »
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

Eliwood_san

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2019, 01:34:00 am »
Thank you but i have a little problem....how to flash the OpenDingux Rescue CD in Zorin OS? its a distro ubuntu.....all the tools i have for the GCW Zero to flash to a usb are for windows.
There are a couple of software you can use, for instance Etcher.

Lol Thanks to you, i revive my poor unit xDDD

About the defective hardware look the last picture i lost my button power so its difficult to obtain here a replacement part.

Anyway i will wait to someone get a proper opk update  "350 Rogue Zero edition firmware" xDDD

« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 01:36:25 am by Eliwood_san »

Post a new topic