Author Topic: RG350 "ROGUE" CFW  (Read 139217 times)

GXT

Re: RG350 "ROGUE" CFW
« Reply #120 on: January 01, 2020, 10:11:45 am »
Rafa, battery 100% looooooong time adjusted (I tested this with a multimeter)
is the value POWER_SUPPLY_VOLTAGE_MAX_DESIGN a guess again?

it should remember the highest value and take it as 100% until a new higher value occours

rafavico

• Videogames by Rafa Vico
« Reply #121 on: January 01, 2020, 11:36:13 am »
It's not a guest, the battery has been measured with a multimeter, and adjust in kernel. Programs read the value that kernel send, and changes a little when charging, but is more accuracy than previous.

Before, the kernel was checking values of little battery (not real one), and console showed 100% a lot of hours until it start to decrease.

Did you mean this?

Selven

« Reply #122 on: January 01, 2020, 11:20:25 pm »
ok, i've studied myself and i found where the translation files are on rg350, but there is the problem that i cannot see (and so not copy or replace) the folder via ftp or explorer, so i cannot work on them, there is the possibility to add mass storage mode option or other ways to make all the files visible?

GXT

« Reply #123 on: January 02, 2020, 04:50:44 am »
It's not a guest, the battery has been measured with a multimeter, and adjust in kernel. Programs read the value that kernel send, and changes a little when charging, but is more accuracy than previous.
the multimeter shows only the value of right now
but we all know, the capacity of the battery changes over time
also, if you replace the battery the values will change, that's another reason why the value POWER_SUPPLY_VOLTAGE_MAX_DESIGN should be handled dynamically

GXT

« Reply #124 on: January 02, 2020, 05:00:42 am »
is it possible to include the 'onscreen keyboard driver' from uClinux so that we can boot directly to shell?

Ninoh-FOX (OP)

« Reply #125 on: January 02, 2020, 05:19:10 am »
the multimeter shows only the value of right now
but we all know, the capacity of the battery changes over time
also, if you replace the battery the values will change, that's another reason why the value POWER_SUPPLY_VOLTAGE_MAX_DESIGN should be handled dynamically
curiously I obtained the same value in the two consoles (PG2 and RG350), if you feel that this is not safe, or that the console will explode causing particles of plastic, metal and crusts to be stuck in the retina and cornea of ​​your eyes, causing a  terminal blindness, you can install another fw.

Enviado desde mi Redmi 4 mediante Tapatalk

Selven

« Reply #126 on: January 04, 2020, 01:06:16 pm »
hi @Ninoh-FOX
typo on readme:
under 1.7.9.3
Battery accurasy.
should be
Battery accuracy.
under 1.7.9.2
Optimized update opk script for that ckeck and repair boot partition.
should be
Optimized update opk script to ckeck and repair boot partition.
under 1.7.9.1.
Optimized the first boot set partition and format file system, this no is rewhite anymore, only with flasher install.
should be
Optimized the first boot set partition and format file system, this no longer rewrite, only with flasher install.

Gmenu2x now show the porcentage of the battery too.
should be
Gmenu2x now show the percentage of the battery too.

Gmenu2x can too now change the cpu of the console betweer MAX and MIN for save battery (for example for GBC emu)
should be
Also Gmenu2x can now change the cpu frequency of the console between MAX and MIN to save battery (for example with GBC emu)

i have also problem with esoterc bot rg350 test and network, when close push me out from it in gmenunx, and i cannot return to it, i have to reboot the consolle!
is it possible to have esoteric in opk? bot for the sake of choiche to remove it, and to execute the update/repair option
wich version of esoteric is included under 1.7.9.3?
the compiled date is more updated from the latest 1.0.5 release
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 01:29:09 pm by Selven »

Ninoh-FOX (OP)

« Reply #127 on: January 04, 2020, 02:25:05 pm »
Esoteric is a proyect by Podulator, I only put in the system the last code in binary, but you can use the opk.

Selven

« Reply #128 on: January 04, 2020, 02:28:41 pm »
hi @Ninoh-FOX
i understand this, the question is, instead to have the code from binary is possible to have it in opk format?
in this way you have the option to remove esoteric from rg350, and the full restore/update option

Eliwood_san

« Reply #129 on: January 05, 2020, 12:22:17 am »
@Ninoh-FOX Any plans  to use your Rogue Firmware Edition in the GCW Zero console?

Its the only Ingenic processor left,all the major players (pocketgo2,r350g etc ) all of them have a port of your firmware.

If you need someone from betatesting i dont mind use my gcw zero to sacrifice  ;)

Ninoh-FOX (OP)

« Reply #130 on: January 05, 2020, 09:13:59 am »
hi @Ninoh-FOX
i understand this, the question is, instead to have the code from binary is possible to have it in opk format?
in this way you have the option to remove esoteric from rg350, and the full restore/update option

No

@Ninoh-FOX Any plans  to use your Rogue Firmware Edition in the GCW Zero console?

Its the only Ingenic processor left,all the major players (pocketgo2,r350g etc ) all of them have a port of your firmware.

If you need someone from betatesting i dont mind use my gcw zero to sacrifice  ;)

I don't have the GCW zero for test.

Eliwood_san

« Reply #131 on: January 06, 2020, 12:31:53 am »
@Ninoh-FOX  Thats weird,i thought those developments for all those china consoles are similiar for the GCW Zero.The only common their share its the ingenic processor, its the same for all.I can understand  you cant develop because the GCW Zero  the supporters chinese doesnt want their contribution of their software to the dead GCW Zero  or the "devs for the gcw zero".Well i put "devs" because nobody have develop any important firmware or new software for the GCW Zero since 2014.

If i have your knowledge i will develop your firmware,port it to the GCW Zero and help to other folks to have equal software for all the ingenics.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 01:24:39 am by Eliwood_san »

Anubys

« Reply #132 on: January 06, 2020, 03:11:52 pm »
Sorry if it was asked before, but I am now on v1.7.9.1, can I use opk update to 1.7.9.3 right now or do I have to update to 1.7.9.2 at first then to 1.7.9.3?
Thanks!

Stouffa

« Reply #133 on: January 06, 2020, 05:36:43 pm »
Sorry if it was asked before, but I am now on v1.7.9.1, can I use opk update to 1.7.9.3 right now or do I have to update to 1.7.9.2 at first then to 1.7.9.3?
Thanks!
The newest update will contain all the required files, you don't need the intermediate update opk

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Anubys

« Reply #134 on: January 06, 2020, 08:27:09 pm »
Thanks!
The newest update will contain all the required files, you don't need the intermediate update opk

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Great, thank you!

hi-ban

« Reply #135 on: January 06, 2020, 08:33:27 pm »
@Ninoh-FOX  Thats weird,i thought those developments for all those china consoles are similiar for the GCW Zero.The only common their share its the ingenic processor, its the same for all.I can understand  you cant develop because the GCW Zero  the supporters chinese doesnt want their contribution of their software to the dead GCW Zero  or the "devs for the gcw zero".Well i put "devs" because nobody have develop any important firmware or new software for the GCW Zero since 2014.

If i have your knowledge i will develop your firmware,port it to the GCW Zero and help to other folks to have equal software for all the ingenics.

FYI the rogue firmware is a fork of the RG350 firmware, which is a fork of the GCW0 firmware.
In other words, all this "new" firmwares are just ports of the same "old" GCW0 firmware.

goodfodder

« Reply #136 on: January 06, 2020, 09:50:25 pm »
Ninoh - any chance of creating a release with a higher overclock or overclock options? Would have thought a 20% oc would be easily achievable given ingenic supported 1.2ghz.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 09:52:33 pm by goodfodder »

Ninoh-FOX (OP)

« Reply #137 on: January 06, 2020, 10:45:12 pm »
Ninoh - any chance of creating a release with a higher overclock or overclock options? Would have thought a 20% oc would be easily achievable given ingenic supported 1.2ghz.

1.2Ghz is unstable, some consoles (according to the version of the board, mine for example that is rg350_1.5) do not even start.

Eliwood_san

« Reply #138 on: January 07, 2020, 12:12:03 am »

FYI the rogue firmware is a fork of the RG350 firmware, which is a fork of the GCW0 firmware.
In other words, all this "new" firmwares are just ports of the same "old" GCW0 firmware.

you are right ,old firmware with one feature...one of those consoles have otg support,and better emulators,For example snes9x use this version 1.60  and you can play Far East Eden Zero with 0 problems.

Those features and new software you cant use it in the GCW Zero.

Im not requesting hdmi support,only requesting a new firmware with all those good features missing from the GCW Zero.

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #139 on: January 07, 2020, 12:59:34 am »
Those features and new software you cant use it in the GCW Zero.

Im not requesting hdmi support,only requesting a new firmware with all those good features missing from the GCW Zero.
the RG350 has a dedicated USB host port (USB1). On the GCW Zero this USB host bus is used internally for the Wifi chip.

Post a new topic