Author Topic: RG350 "ROGUE" CFW  (Read 139219 times)

rafavico

• Videogames by Rafa Vico
Re: RG350 "ROGUE" CFW
« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2019, 10:18:02 am »
Hi @Selven.

The doc folder is in process. There will be info about how to configure emulators, undertand its folders, etc... This folder will grow step to step, but for now there is only spanish docs (plain txt), easy to translate.

What do you mean "the interface is chaotic"? Gmenu2x or programs launched from gmenu2x? Many programs come from Gcw and are from differents authors, unify that is very slow (or difficult). Or do you mean another thing?

Thanks.

Selven

« Reply #101 on: December 29, 2019, 05:07:23 pm »
hi @rafavico
for interface i mean both gmenu2x and the program itself, for example gmenu2x use a to launch and start to go back.
clock is an application used only to change date and time of the consolle and the only way to get out is to reboot the consolle
network not work is not possible to set the id of the consolle and connect it to a pc and it use a menu voices to exit
esoteric is an alternative front end, it just have date and time under setting tab, and it use b to go back.
i hope to have explained myself.
anyway i've found some typo for example on esoteric you have umount (not present on gmenu2x) but the right name is unmount.
for now esoteric interface is the most advanced one, but for example i think it should better to move the power menu on the left menu and actually have a way to operate with the little icon on the bottom left, to properly set volume and brightness unmount the sd etcetera
i think the volume and brightness should have their proper setting on settings
another good thing should be the possibility to set the position of the menu form left to bottom/righ or up.
as i've said i'm a noob and i don't know how to do this changes, if there is a way i canhelp, and a documentation to find for learn i will like to help, for now i can sure help you translating missing italian strings, like description, but i need to know at least where to find the italian file and where to find a complete english file as a source

Ninoh-FOX (OP)

« Reply #102 on: December 29, 2019, 05:21:55 pm »
hi @rafavico
for interface i mean both gmenu2x and the program itself, for example gmenu2x use a to launch and start to go back.
clock is an application used only to change date and time of the consolle and the only way to get out is to reboot the consolle
network not work is not possible to set the id of the consolle and connect it to a pc and it use a menu voices to exit
esoteric is an alternative front end, it just have date and time under setting tab, and it use b to go back.
i hope to have explained myself.
anyway i've found some typo for example on esoteric you have umount (not present on gmenu2x) but the right name is unmount.
for now esoteric interface is the most advanced one, but for example i think it should better to move the power menu on the left menu and actually have a way to operate with the little icon on the bottom left, to properly set volume and brightness unmount the sd etcetera
i think the volume and brightness should have their proper setting on settings
another good thing should be the possibility to set the position of the menu form left to bottom/righ or up.
as i've said i'm a noob and i don't know how to do this changes, if there is a way i canhelp, and a documentation to find for learn i will like to help, for now i can sure help you translating missing italian strings, like description, but i need to know at least where to find the italian file and where to find a complete english file as a source

this... hmmm... for exit of clock only need press select...

And Isoteric not is me, is of @podulator.

Selven

« Reply #103 on: December 29, 2019, 05:53:19 pm »
hi @Ninoh-FOX
for me both esoteric and gmenu2x is not important esoteric is much advanced as gui, but miss some of the update you made on gmenu2x (for example it has no translation at all or the cpu is set to max 960)
the problem itself is that they are a bunch of different program anyone of them working in it's own way.
as you can see in gmenu2x the exit is start here it is select, anyway i prefer to set date and time on settings like esoteric
esoteric has also an cool option to mount/unmount the external sd.
a bug for you is the network has not the possibility to set the ip to connect the consolle to pc, with original firmware 1.5 it actually works, here with the 1.7.9.2fix i see no network interface at all.
as i've said i'm a noob, and i don't know who made what, if there is a documentation i will like to learn how to help, just mount the external sd card it was an reasearch for me, because on your github page you don't have the documentation that explain how to set it in order to work with your firmware
For example will help know wath will be the official rogue frontend, if it is gmenu2x i will like to work on it, if it is esoteric it miss all your latest implementation
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 06:28:02 pm by Selven »

Ninoh-FOX (OP)

« Reply #104 on: December 29, 2019, 09:42:54 pm »
hi @Ninoh-FOX
for me both esoteric and gmenu2x is not important esoteric is much advanced as gui, but miss some of the update you made on gmenu2x (for example it has no translation at all or the cpu is set to max 960)
the problem itself is that they are a bunch of different program anyone of them working in it's own way.
as you can see in gmenu2x the exit is start here it is select, anyway i prefer to set date and time on settings like esoteric
esoteric has also an cool option to mount/unmount the external sd.
a bug for you is the network has not the possibility to set the ip to connect the consolle to pc, with original firmware 1.5 it actually works, here with the 1.7.9.2fix i see no network interface at all.
as i've said i'm a noob, and i don't know who made what, if there is a documentation i will like to learn how to help, just mount the external sd card it was an reasearch for me, because on your github page you don't have the documentation that explain how to set it in order to work with your firmware
For example will help know wath will be the official rogue frontend, if it is gmenu2x i will like to work on it, if it is esoteric it miss all your latest implementation

Well, what happens to you is strange, the network application has to go out in the gmenu, maybe you accidentally deleted something, to solve it, go to the file explorer and delete the folder ./gmenu2x from /local/home/ and restart the console. This way you should get the missing icons again.

And I did not know that you could change the IP of the console, this is always 10.1.1.2

rafavico

« Reply #105 on: December 29, 2019, 09:51:46 pm »
hi @Selven
I understand what you say, this firmware try to improve handling adjusting details, replacing some old apps like input testers or clock, and adding features, but this go slowly.

Regarding to docs, don't worry, for now there is only a document for testing purposes, there are several planned that will be organized before christmas and provide a way to translate them.

Selven

« Reply #106 on: December 30, 2019, 04:32:53 am »
hi @Ninoh-FOX
the network program is present is the usb0 not set as network interface

this is 1.7.9.1 flasher updated via opk to 1.7.9.2 and then to last fix
hi @rafavico
i'm not here to make rush, i will like to help, so if you have documentation link valid to learn also if not specific fpr rg350 i will like to start to check it

Ninoh-FOX (OP)

« Reply #107 on: December 30, 2019, 04:53:24 am »
hi @Ninoh-FOX
the network program is present is the usb0 not set as network interface

this is 1.7.9.1 flasher updated via opk to 1.7.9.2 and then to last fix
hi @rafavico
i'm not here to make rush, i will like to help, so if you have documentation link valid to learn also if not specific fpr rg350 i will like to start to check it
Omg... Use the another usb port, the usb port from you photo is for otg usb adapter.

This is my usb otg c adapter (it is homemade XD)

Enviado desde mi Redmi 4 mediante Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 04:59:42 am by Ninoh-FOX »

Selven

« Reply #108 on: December 30, 2019, 05:36:31 am »
it worked! thx @Ninoh-FOX, now the next question what will be the official frontend? gmenu or esoteric?
as i've said i will like to translate the interface in italian, so i need at least to know what of the 2 interfaces i have to check on
additional questions:
where is the opk of esoteric? i like to try the latest build and i want to remove the old one just done, charged the latest opk loaded and executed the update option, it not change the compilation date but the system is now up to date!
is not possible to set rg350 to work like a phone instead to use a client like filezilla?
wow your otg adapter is cool, i will not have the knowledge to make one like you do you know an otg wifi nano adapter to use with rg350?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 06:15:50 am by Selven »

Ninoh-FOX (OP)

« Reply #109 on: December 30, 2019, 09:54:53 am »
it worked! thx @Ninoh-FOX, now the next question what will be the official frontend? gmenu or esoteric?
as i've said i will like to translate the interface in italian, so i need at least to know what of the 2 interfaces i have to check on
additional questions:
where is the opk of esoteric? i like to try the latest build and i want to remove the old one just done, charged the latest opk loaded and executed the update option, it not change the compilation date but the system is now up to date!
is not possible to set rg350 to work like a phone instead to use a client like filezilla?
wow your otg adapter is cool, i will not have the knowledge to make one like you do you know an otg wifi nano adapter to use with rg350?

The official is gmenu2x, esoteric is in the system, but you can update esoteric with the his opk.

For that the console works in filezilla you need putout the password in the opk network, and in win10 you need the drivers.

rafavico

« Reply #110 on: December 30, 2019, 01:41:25 pm »
hi @rafavico
Hi... I know  :) , give us some time to drink a little and celebrate the new year and three kings day, we need a clear head before  ;)

Ninoh-FOX (OP)

« Reply #111 on: December 31, 2019, 01:52:42 am »
hi @rafavico
Hi... I know  :) , give us some time to drink a little and celebrate the new year and three kings day, we need a clear head before  ;)

Rafa, battery 100% looooooong time adjusted (I tested this with a multimeter)

rafavico

« Reply #112 on: December 31, 2019, 10:58:27 am »
A lot more accurate battery now.  ;)

ace9094

« Reply #113 on: December 31, 2019, 01:28:28 pm »

Awesome... looks like a great improvement :)
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

Stouffa

« Reply #114 on: December 31, 2019, 07:13:17 pm »
What's the name of the opk to show that display information? (looks quite useful)

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Ninoh-FOX (OP)

« Reply #115 on: December 31, 2019, 07:37:18 pm »
What's the name of the opk to show that display information? (looks quite useful)

RG350-Tester.opk, by Rafa Vico.

Stouffa

« Reply #116 on: December 31, 2019, 09:07:01 pm »
I must try download it at some stage thanks again for all your hard work! Wishing you all the best for 2020!!

rafavico

« Reply #117 on: December 31, 2019, 09:55:34 pm »
It's the default tester of Rogue CFW too.  :)

grooby

« Reply #118 on: December 31, 2019, 10:07:31 pm »
@Ninoh-FOX - I noticed that the actual volume from 0 to 1 (no sound to 1 press of Vol+) is a fairly large jump.  In Alsamixer, PCM volume goes from 0 to 32 or 33.  Subsequent Vol+ increase the PCM volume by 1.  Is this by design?  If so, can you tell me how I can configure the initial jump value?

Ninoh-FOX (OP)

« Reply #119 on: December 31, 2019, 11:43:28 pm »
@Ninoh-FOX - I noticed that the actual volume from 0 to 1 (no sound to 1 press of Vol+) is a fairly large jump.  In Alsamixer, PCM volume goes from 0 to 32 or 33.  Subsequent Vol+ increase the PCM volume by 1.  Is this by design?  If so, can you tell me how I can configure the initial jump value?
This theme is problem of hardware, nothing to do.

Post a new topic