Author Topic: RG-350_v1.5_STAR BASE 231019 Firmware (STABLE RELEASE)  (Read 16177 times)

Jutleys (OP)

Re: RG-350 v1.7 16/11/2019 stable
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2019, 10:39:38 pm »
see first post
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 10:56:15 pm by Jutleys »

Jutleys (OP)

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2019, 10:55:52 pm »
Added 1.7 in opk update format same update but without the opks and no need to open the console,

Jutleys (OP)

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2019, 11:19:51 pm »
Removed due to some problems

iball

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2019, 11:27:59 pm »
Updated the current image again made some minor changes the image now auto resizes on first boot so goodbye disk genius :slight_smile: and added the stella emulator  enjoy people.
Where can we download the new emulators separately from the update?

iball

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2019, 02:08:14 am »
Well, the update was a bust.  Sure, it installed fine but now every time I restart or power on the device it scrolls a lot of terminal errors almost like it keeps trying to expand the filesystem on an already-expanded 64GB SD card.
Powering off it throws errors as well about GMENU2X and then shuts off.
It still works, but no longer boots up or shuts down nice and clean like it used to.

JerryD

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2019, 04:26:39 am »
Hi I'm running the stock firmware. Is this stand alone (clean install) or do I have to update the existing firmware? From what I've been reading v1.5 was stand alone but that no longer seems to be available.

I just tried to install this firmware. I got a 64 gig card, I used I used etcher to flash the image onto the card. I used diskgenius to expand the partition. When booting up I get an error saying something about multiple blocks being claimed. So many messaged come up so fast it is hard to read em.

Also, Is there anyplace to get access to the games that came with the unit and the ones added in previous updates?

thanks.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 05:16:58 am by JerryD »

Jutleys (OP)

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2019, 08:28:55 am »
Guys read the instructions carefully clean all partitions from SD card first reflash then on first boot wait for ext4 expansion. You can download stuff from my website

iball

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2019, 12:45:27 pm »
Guys read the instructions carefully clean all partitions from SD card first reflash then on first boot wait for ext4 expansion. You can download stuff from my website
WTF?  You can't just change the first post removing the OPK update and then come back and chide us to "read the instructions" afterwards as if somehow the reason our RG350s are having these errors is because we failed to follow the instructions that you just changed.

RowleyBirkinQC

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2019, 02:00:10 pm »
Followed instructions for 1.7 and works fine for me, doing full wipe and install of internal card. Thanks Jutleys. Does 1.6 and 1.7 add rumble? I spotted the name of the pcsx opk and it made me think.

Recce

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2019, 03:11:57 pm »
Found a bug on the latest v1.7 build.

Upon powering up device, the power button may work for the first 1 or 2 times and later on will not register any click, meaning it cannot be powered down. I thought it would be ok since I can use the power down icon to power down device, but then on some of the emulator apps, the power button is needed to go into the app menu.

And also brightness setting need to hold the power button to work.

Firmware v1.6 does not have this issue.

ace9094

« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2019, 03:39:49 pm »
clean all partitions from SD card first reflash then on first boot wait for ext4 expansion.

Basically Format the SD Card so it wipes SD Card to back to a single drive / partition FAT32

I use the"USB Disk Storage Format Tool" also known as "HP USB Disk" - You need to run it as admin :) You can grab this from HP website etc Just google it

Then I flashed with Win32 Disk Imager, insert SD card boot RG350 and then back in to the PC and expand the partition with disk genius

The file paths for some of the ports below were originally in the first to post for the 1.4 release thread, not that has been removed, could you add the paths for the below to your instructions list please?

Hexen
Heretic
Quake 3 Arena
Rise of the Triad
Strife

I did have  quake working but wiped the partitions to update, I backed up via FTP only backed up my "roms" fodler and "apps" folder with the , I completely forgot the about the stuff in the media folder and the app folders with all my configs and saves DOH  :o :o :o :o -

I should of used Dingux Commander to copy those as they dont show up via Filezilla FTP. (Unless I missed a setting to display them)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 05:50:04 pm by ace9094 »
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

JerryD

Re: RG-350 v1.7 17/11/2019 stable
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2019, 07:10:25 pm »

Thanks for the information. Not sure if this needs to be said or not. But there are a lot of people like me that are new to using devices like this. The instructions are more then kinda vague, sure for people that are familiar with the procedures these vague instructions are more then enough. So, what do I do, I look online for more details. While there are videos showing exactly what to do, so far they do seem to contradict what what is being said here. I followed the instructions from ETA prime, he's normally pretty good with this stuff. Evidently not this time.

I tracked down you're release notes, according to what is written you stopped including games in V1.4 so that we can install what we want. Avoiding bloat. Thank you. Question is where do I find them? I've been looking at your web site all morning and have yet to find any leads.

I realize that I'm asking stupid questions but that is because this is new to me. I do apologize for asking stupid questions but it's better to ask stupid questions then make stupid mistakes.

OP I know you are putting a lot of work into this and I do appreciate it even though it is a bit confusing. Thank you
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 07:15:16 pm by JerryD »

Jutleys (OP)

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2019, 07:21:42 pm »

Upon powering up device, the power button may work for the first 1 or 2 times and later on will not register any click, meaning it cannot be powered down. I thought it would be ok since I can use the power down icon to power down device, but then on some of the emulator apps, the power button is needed to go into the app menu.

This has now been fixed redownload

Jutleys (OP)

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2019, 07:22:36 pm »
WTF?  You can't just change the first post removing the OPK update and then come back and chide us to "read the instructions" afterwards as if somehow the reason our RG350s are having these errors is because we failed to follow the instructions that you just changed.

The OPK was busted thats why it as removed you might want to tone the voice down if you want continued support lol.

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2019, 08:31:45 pm »
The OPK was busted thats why it as removed you might want to tone the voice down if you want continued support lol.
Well he's not wrong, what's with releasing an OPK that makes the device unusable? Did you not test it?

Jutleys (OP)

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2019, 08:45:24 pm »
It was tested but some errors were reported so it was pulled promptly besides we are still waiting for you to take over pcercuei as you have more experience doing this giving the people something to play with in the meantime so i hope you get a build out soon if you have a interest in it.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 08:52:52 pm by Jutleys »

HercTNT

« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2019, 10:19:09 pm »
It was tested but some errors were reported so it was pulled promptly besides we are still waiting for you to take over pcercuei as you have more experience doing this giving the people something to play with in the meantime so i hope you get a build out soon if you have a interest in it.
agreed, i don't understand the nature of others to be negative if they have the ability to help and don't do so. surely being part of the solution would be more productive than being critical. isnt that supposed to be the nature of these forums? people working towards a common goal?

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2019, 10:46:42 pm »
agreed, i don't understand the nature of others to be negative if they have the ability to help and don't do so. surely being part of the solution would be more productive than being critical. isnt that supposed to be the nature of these forums? people working towards a common goal?
Who doesn't help who? We (OpenDingux developers) write the hard stuff, the drivers and userspace UI and tools, upstream our patches, while others just take our work to make a half-baked firmware based on some old 2014 GCW Zero firmware that will brick your device, without contributing back the tiny changes that they do. If people really want to make OpenDingux better, they can work with us, but right now nobody's helping.

iball

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2019, 11:09:43 pm »

I'm not the one who released a bad update, refused to even say "sorry, guys, here's how to fix that issue without having to reflash the newer firmware update I just released today", and then went on to issue a vague threat that you'll run away if people aren't treating you with kid gloves.
My tone is completely reasonable.  Your response is not. 
You're offering a product and should have proper testing procedures in place before releasing an update or else labeling it "Beta Firmware" and asking folks here to test it and report in the thread what works or does not and then using that feedback to refine it into a final release. 

Now grow a thicker skin and perhaps think about following these steps for testing future releases:

1)  Flash full image on micro-SD card and test various system hardware calls (buttons, sticks, power button, backlight, etc.)

Once #1 above has passed muster, proceed on to #2 below.

2)  Test update OPK on a freshly-installed previous-firmware (i.e. 1.5 or 1.6) micro-SD card that hasn't had the ext4 partition expanded to determine minimum firmware a user should have prior to using the OPK update file.

Once #2 above has passed muster, proceed on to #3 below.

3)  Test update OPK on a previously-installed firmware that already had the micro-SD card ext4 partition extended

Once #3 above has passed muster, proceed to release to the forums as a BETA TEST, ask for feedback and wait 2-3 weeks before releasing the final product.  Because you'll never know if a user has somehow modded their base system and it allows for gathering feedback from non-standard, modded RG350 firmware scenarios.

That pretty much covers almost 99% of all possible RG350 deployment scenarios.

Recce

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2019, 01:03:26 am »

This has now been fixed redownload

Thanks for the quick response, I've reflashed with the latest version and everything seems ok now.

Post a new topic