Author Topic: RG-350 Emulators/Game releases by gameblabla  (Read 194715 times)

gameblabla (OP)

Re: RG-350 Emulators/Game releases by gameblabla
« Reply #340 on: October 25, 2020, 06:16:39 am »
Try my new VBA Next OPK. It runs Sonic Advance at frameskip 2/4 fullspeed. (well, except during bosses x(( )
My OPK forced the frameskip to 4 though as the auto frameskip option doesn't play well with ALSA.

Thanks for the update! Wanting to play with the frameskip settings some, but I am missing a library. Looks like it requires huge pages. I was wondering if you were using a publicly available toolchain/buildroot. I've tried Ninoh-fox, tonyjih, and a few other I found and all are missing that dependency.
Huge pages is set optionally but is turned on by default. To disable it, change HUGE_PAGES = 1 in Makefile.gcw0 to HUGE_PAGES = 0.
You actually want to have huge pages turned on though but it only works on the new OD firmware.

This is the new toolchain :
http://od.abstraction.se/opendingux/opendingux-gcw0-toolchain.2020-10-01.tar.gz

And you can find the new OD firmware here (still beta and i hear that latest update broke MTP on Windows so be careful) :
http://od.abstraction.se/opendingux/latest/
⚠ WARNING ⚠
If you are using any of my forks, emulators or ports, you are being influenced by propaganda !

RxBrad

• RxBrad.com
« Reply #341 on: October 26, 2020, 02:50:04 pm »
Hmm..  no problems with MTP for me on the 10-25 nightly.

Also, heads up...  the new PCSX4All & Picodrive you uploaded a few hours ago aren't being seen by Gmenu2x.

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #342 on: October 26, 2020, 05:21:37 pm »
Hmm..  no problems with MTP for me on the 10-25 nightly.

Also, heads up...  the new PCSX4All & Picodrive you uploaded a few hours ago aren't being seen by Gmenu2x.
Well sounds like you hit an issue with MTP because two other people tried it on the same nightly and it worked for them : )
Quite possible that the OPK filesize became 0 bytes or they became corrupted along the way. You can check this with Dingoo Commander
⚠ WARNING ⚠
If you are using any of my forks, emulators or ports, you are being influenced by propaganda !

RxBrad

• RxBrad.com
« Reply #343 on: October 26, 2020, 07:32:33 pm »
Well sounds like you hit an issue with MTP because two other people tried it on the same nightly and it worked for them : )
Quite possible that the OPK filesize became 0 bytes or they became corrupted along the way. You can check this with Dingoo Commander

You were close.  I had some corrupted downloads.  Note to self: Don't right-click files on the file list in GitLab and pick "Save link as...".  You end up with a file wrapped in a webpage that looks like the file you were trying to download, but isn't.

After some quick testing, your new Picodrive no longer freezes when I hit Select like the previous one.  And the "Dual Analog" mode in this PSCX4All gives me both vibration & dual analogs I'd expect for full DualShock compatibility.  8)

(And MTP still works for me on multiple PCs)  :)

VanZan

« Reply #344 on: October 29, 2020, 12:23:55 pm »
I tried the latest Picodrive for the older firmware on my 350M.
https://gameblabla.nl/files/ipk/gcw0_old/picodrive_gcw0.opk

Has "16 bit accurate" permanently displayed at the bottom left. Also graphical distortion after playing for a while.

Tried an older build and it didn't have these issues. What am I doing wrong?

edit: Guess I was using the wrong Picodrive. Tried this and it seems to be working fine:
https://gameblabla.nl/files/ipk/gcw0/PicoDrive_old_firmware.opk
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 12:34:08 pm by VanZan »

a330boy

« Reply #345 on: November 19, 2020, 07:07:36 pm »
And the "Dual Analog" mode in this PSCX4All gives me both vibration & dual analogs I'd expect for full DualShock compatibility.  8)

Does dual analog work with Quake 2 and Final Fantasy 7 as well?

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #346 on: November 19, 2020, 11:44:13 pm »
I fixed a new update for VBA Next that fixes quite a few issues :
Here are the changes :
- Fixes roms that used not to load to a mistake in the source code.
- Now allows the frameskip to be set with a new automatic mode.
- Triple buffering/vsync. (no audio blocking this time)

If you had problems with it before, i would suggest you download it again.
The latest beta OD also supports overclocking so give it a try.

And the "Dual Analog" mode in this PSCX4All gives me both vibration & dual analogs I'd expect for full DualShock compatibility.  8)

Does dual analog work with Quake 2 and Final Fantasy 7 as well?
It only works for games that supported dual analog or dual shock controls at the time.
Not sure about Quake 2 but FF7 doesn't obviously. (besides, there's no camera to control, this isn't FF7 remake)
⚠ WARNING ⚠

a330boy

« Reply #347 on: November 20, 2020, 02:05:07 am »
@gameblabla could you make a separate Game Gear OPK out of SMS Plus GX, please?

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #348 on: November 20, 2020, 09:36:24 pm »
There's a new update to Vecxemu that improves rendering and should also support 320x480 displays a bit better.
No huge changes other than that.

Well the issue is that if someone makes another Game Gear emulator, it will conflict with it.
So i would rather not do that. Run it with "SMS Plus GX".
⚠ WARNING ⚠

DaveC1964

« Reply #349 on: November 20, 2020, 11:11:50 pm »
There's a new update to Vecxemu that improves rendering and should also support 320x480 displays a bit better.
No huge changes other than that.

Well the issue is that if someone makes another Game Gear emulator, it will conflict with it.
So i would rather not do that. Run it with "SMS Plus GX".

Where do you get the Vecxemu from and does it run at 640 x 480 on the RG350M?

Thanks.

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #350 on: November 21, 2020, 01:11:41 am »
Where do you get the Vecxemu from and does it run at 640 x 480 on the RG350M?
Thanks.
See first post. My new ports are only for the beta OD firmware.
And yes, it should support 640x480.
⚠ WARNING ⚠

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #351 on: November 22, 2020, 07:29:16 am »
Here it is : the virtual boy emulator for the GCW0/RG-350/RG280 !
This is based upon the libretro's core with some trimming done as to remove stuff that wouldn't be used. (like the Accurate CPU mode, which would run too slowly on it)

Runs quite smoothly with the auto-frameskipping on and it's quite possible you can run it without any frameskip if you can OC it to 1200 Mhz. (I'm looking into further optimizations as well)

Download link is at the first post, as usual.

See how it runs here :
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0kNFrqv4v4" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0kNFrqv4v4</a>

EDIT: Just updated it to fix the issues mentioned in the video and i made it run a bit faster now. Wario Land is quite playable & enjoyable now.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 09:43:09 am by gameblabla »
⚠ WARNING ⚠

goodfodder

« Reply #352 on: November 22, 2020, 12:11:26 pm »
Many thanks gameblabla, your an asset to the gaming community.

Btw how can one overclock to 1200mhz?

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #353 on: November 22, 2020, 07:22:50 pm »
Many thanks gameblabla, your an asset to the gaming community.

Btw how can one overclock to 1200mhz?
You need the very last beta OpenDingux firmware for you to be able to overclock. Then you need to do so by editing the emulator's entry with Select -> Edit. Then you select your speed.
Very few units can achieve 1200 Mhz : some will do 1092 mhz like mine while most others will just fail at even that and won't run faster than stock speed.
⚠ WARNING ⚠

JTSilius

« Reply #354 on: November 23, 2020, 07:19:58 pm »
Hi. I've been lurking for many years and thanks to this forum and its contributing members I have enjoyed many hours playing games on my multiple handhelds.

I'm somehow on a journey to find the perfect portable machine to play NES PAL games. This journey is surprisingly harder than you might think... I currently own following handhelds: Dingoo A320, Letcool N350, GPD XD, RG97, PocketGo, Bittboy V2 & V3.5, LDK vertical, RG300, RG350 and RG350M. So far the best to play NES PAL games is the... RG300, imo.

However, I really like my RG350 (especially the screen) but NES PAL games are unplayable. After a while of playing I always experience slowdowns and audio issues and then suddenly, the game freezes and the pixels turn black one by one (it looks like the picture fades oout). The exact same happens on my RG350M. Am I the only with this problem?

@gameblabla: I know you're a busy guy but have you considered looking into FCEUX improvement for the RG350(M)?

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #355 on: November 24, 2020, 04:43:58 am »
However, I really like my RG350 (especially the screen) but NES PAL games are unplayable. After a while of playing I always experience slowdowns and audio issues and then suddenly, the game freezes and the pixels turn black one by one (it looks like the picture fades oout). The exact same happens on my RG350M. Am I the only with this problem?

@gameblabla: I know you're a busy guy but have you considered looking into FCEUX improvement for the RG350(M)?
Kind of strange to hear that as the RG-300 mostly just use a slightly updated port of Fceux used on the GCW0/RG-350. I've been looking into that but met with crashes last time. personally i'll attempt it again eventually ...
Have you tried soarqin's fceux fork ? (although it might not work on the beta OD but give it a try)

https://github.com/soarqin/fceux-for-retrogame/releases/tag/20191026
⚠ WARNING ⚠

JTSilius

« Reply #356 on: November 24, 2020, 08:34:51 pm »

Kind of strange to hear that as the RG-300 mostly just use a slightly updated port of Fceux used on the GCW0/RG-350. I've been looking into that but met with crashes last time. personally i'll attempt it again eventually ...
Have you tried soarqin's fceux fork ? (although it might not work on the beta OD but give it a try)

https://github.com/soarqin/fceux-for-retrogame/releases/tag/20191026

Thanks for the reply. I have already tried different version of FCEUX - not sure if soarqin's version was one of them. I'll give it a try.

hi-ban

« Reply #357 on: November 24, 2020, 09:40:50 pm »
The problem with PAL games is that they are designed to run at 50fps, while all the modern digital screens run at 60fps. For that reason, PAL games will never feel completely "smooth" on a 60Hz screen..
Unless you run them in NTSC mode, which plays PAL games 20% faster to achieve 60fps. But because they are accelerated, everything is faster, even the music.

TLDR: You should always play the NTSC versions of the desktop console games, unless there is no NTSC version at all (some games were only released in Europe)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 09:42:28 pm by hi-ban »

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #358 on: November 25, 2020, 11:22:29 am »
The problem with PAL games is that they are designed to run at 50fps, while all the modern digital screens run at 60fps. For that reason, PAL games will never feel completely "smooth" on a 60Hz screen..
Unless you run them in NTSC mode, which plays PAL games 20% faster to achieve 60fps. But because they are accelerated, everything is faster, even the music.

TLDR: You should always play the NTSC versions of the desktop console games, unless there is no NTSC version at all (some games were only released in Europe)
Beta OpenDingux supports setting the screen's refresh rate to 50 hz. It's already used by the Virtual boy emulator (yes, the virtual boy refreshes at 50hz) and also used by my RS-90 port of SMS Plus GX for PAL games.
Hope to add it to more stuff. (and waiting on a 75hz mode for SwanEmu too : ). Pcercuei said apparently that 120hz could work on it at the downside of color accuracy )
⚠ WARNING ⚠

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #359 on: November 25, 2020, 02:18:36 pm »
Hello guys, several updates that fix some important issues.

- VBEmu has now working dual analog stick support. I added it previously but it wasn't working properly. I tested it on the RG-350 and it's working properly now so you can enjoy the few games that do use both dpads.

- Picodrive was updated to the latest changes by irixxx along with a menu fix for the RG-280/280V.
⚠ WARNING ⚠