Author Topic: RG-350 Emulators/Game releases by gameblabla  (Read 14410 times)

Re: RG-350 Emulators/Game releases by gameblabla
« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2019, 10:34:09 am »
Any chance the Madnafen port will support VirtualBoy at some point?
Emulating the NEC V810 is very challenging at decent speed so Virtual Boy (and PCFX) would run very slowly.
Last time i tried it wasn't worth bothering. If someone codes a MIPS JIT for it or a faster interpreter or better frameskipping code for the retroarch cores perhaps...

Hello gameblabla, just wanted to ask if you received my pm message yesterday?
forget it mate. he will never help users. he is so greedy and aggressive

msx

• Official RetroFW discord server
« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2019, 12:19:25 pm »

I'll work next on porting NGPCEMU and adding Dual analog stick support to the Wonderswan emulator.

are you serious?
you make plans for a NGP Emulator for the RG 350 and don't give a trash about an RS90 emulator?
THAT IS IT ENTIRELY! SHAME ON YOU, IMBECILE!

Are you serious, "Super Breakout Amateur"? Going around insulting people who's freely investing their time into making stuff that you can enjoy for free?
Here's my unrequested advice: git gud and make it happen yourself or stop acting like a self-entitled freeloader.

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2019, 01:00:28 pm »
you make plans for a NGP Emulator for the RG 350 and don't give a trash about an RS90 emulator?
if you were actually reading my response to your PMs (more than 100+ of them), you would have realized that the reason why i would not port it to the RS-90 is
simply because it is too CPU-intensive for it, whereas the RG-350 and its JZ4770 has enough horse power to emulate it.
But you were constantly filling up my PMS with ridiculous requests, even after i told you to stop.

Quite frankly i'm tired of your bullshit so let me get it straight : i owe nothing to people, especially to ones that constantly pisses me off even after i told you the reason why.

cloudstr

« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2019, 01:10:25 pm »
forget it mate. he will never help users. he is so greedy and aggressive

Err.. what are you talking about ???  Please don't spread your cancerous stupidity here, @gameblabla is one of the most truthful person in this board and that is the fact !
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 01:12:49 pm by cloudstr »

cloudstr

« Reply #84 on: December 01, 2019, 01:20:47 pm »
Hello @gameblabla, seems like you have disabled private message or so .. I pmed you about the binary build of couple of emulator (SMSPlus-GX, Temper, PCSX4All) for PAP Gameta 2 as I don't know how to compile source code..

Would love if you can share those :)  Thank you!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 01:25:44 pm by cloudstr »

iball

« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2019, 10:52:49 pm »
It's weird.  The pcsx4all_BGR15_unmapped_memcpy32_untested.opk version works fine.
Very strange because i later updated the OPK and its the exact same one as this one.
Maybe you downloaded it before i updated it on my website ?

That may have been it.  I gave it 24 hours then downloaded from the same link in the first post and now it's working fine and can access the menu.
On a whim I copied over a .CHD file and it looks like it doesn't work with CHD Sega-CD images?

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #86 on: December 01, 2019, 10:55:18 pm »
On a whim I copied over a .CHD file and it looks like it doesn't work with CHD Sega-CD images?
I don't know why you guys expect CHD support ? Don't use this format for this handled at all.
Same for ECM, uncompress it before you transfer it.

Hello @gameblabla, seems like you have disabled private message or so .. I pmed you about the binary build of couple of emulator (SMSPlus-GX, Temper, PCSX4All) for PAP Gameta 2 as I don't know how to compile source code..

Would love if you can share those :)  Thank you!
I may be able to provide you a quick build of SMS Plus GX but not for the other one rn.

iball

« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2019, 11:14:53 pm »
I don't know why you guys expect CHD support ? Don't use this format for this handled at all.
Same for ECM, uncompress it before you transfer it.

I was just curious and since it "saw" the CHD file I was wondering if it would decompress & load it. 
I have everything in both CHD & BIN/CUE & ISO formats since AutoBleem/RetroArch & RetroPie can use CHD.
I don't even use ECM for anything.
CHD saves a bit if disk space at the cost of slower load speeds due to decompressing it on launch.
I wasn't "expecting" it nor demanding anything, so please back off with the snark a bit.

« Reply #88 on: December 02, 2019, 01:38:06 pm »

I'll work next on porting NGPCEMU and adding Dual analog stick support to the Wonderswan emulator.

are you serious?

Are you serious, "Super Breakout Amateur"? Going around insulting people who's freely investing their time into making stuff that you can enjoy for free?
Here's my unrequested advice: git gud and make it happen yourself or stop acting like a self-entitled freeloader.
i am not educated for portig at all and this bloke is just greedy.

« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2019, 01:44:38 pm »
if you were actually reading my response to your PMs (more than 100+ of them), you would have realized that the reason why i would not port it to the RS-90 is
simply because it is too CPU-intensive for it, whereas the RG-350 and its JZ4770 has enough horse power to emulate it.
But you were constantly filling up my PMS with ridiculous requests, even after i told you to stop.

Quite frankly i'm tired of your bullshit so let me get it straight : i owe nothing to people, especially to ones that constantly pisses me off even after i told you the reason why.
i am sooooooooooo brutally sorry for infiltrating you that harsh  :(
i guess i should not even talk about that stash.

TheReaperUK

« Reply #90 on: December 03, 2019, 03:44:01 am »
Thank you very much gameblabla, The PicoDrive with 32X support is Truly amazing and also thanks for SMS Plus GX as well, I rate this as the best MasterSystem/Game Gear emulator ever on handheld systems ;)

Also if and when you have some time can you have a look at your port of Arnold (GX4000), it works great but has no audio at all.

As i said above Thank you, for all your ports, on all types of Handhelds ;D
Lots of Handhelds but my favourite is still my GCW Zero and also RG-350, But the RG-300 is 2nd Best.

Recce

« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2019, 06:27:34 am »
Thank you very much gameblabla, The PicoDrive with 32X support is Truly amazing and also thanks for SMS Plus GX as well, I rate this as the best MasterSystem/Game Gear emulator ever on handheld systems ;)

I'm wondering, since PicoDrive already supports SMS/GG/MD/32X, is there any advantage in having SMS Plus GX for SMS/GG?

AndreaSpooky

« Reply #92 on: December 03, 2019, 09:38:07 am »
I've seen theres an update on the FBA emu: "fba_0.2.97.35_od.opk"

someone care to share the changelog?

I've got some trouble finding changelogs on app updates ^_^

npaladin2000

« Reply #93 on: December 03, 2019, 12:56:41 pm »

That package simply provides both a shortcut to start the built in frontend and a shortcut to use when launching via the menu's explorer (for compatibility with some menu systems' preview and favoriting capability). There's no difference in the software itself, no recompile, and the FBA version is still 0.2.97.35.
Join the RetroGameHandhelds Discord: https://discord.gg/p4uRmCd

Partitipate in the RetroGameHandhelds GitHub, Wikis and FAQs: https://github.com/retrogamehandheld

TheReaperUK

« Reply #94 on: December 03, 2019, 02:40:26 pm »

I'm wondering, since PicoDrive already supports SMS/GG/MD/32X, is there any advantage in having SMS Plus GX for SMS/GG?

Better Colours on some Games, Better Music/Sound on most Games, and SG-1000 rom support.
Lots of Handhelds but my favourite is still my GCW Zero and also RG-350, But the RG-300 is 2nd Best.

AndreaSpooky

« Reply #95 on: December 03, 2019, 03:45:59 pm »

That package simply provides both a shortcut to start the built in frontend and a shortcut to use when launching via the menu's explorer (for compatibility with some menu systems' preview and favoriting capability). There's no difference in the software itself, no recompile, and the FBA version is still 0.2.97.35.

got it, thx

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #96 on: December 03, 2019, 05:19:40 pm »
I have updated the Arnold emulator for both the GCW0 & RG-350 : it now works properly on both.
It also takes advantage of both sticks : One is mapped to Joystick 0, the other to Joystick 1.
The L and R shoulder buttons are also mapped to button 1 and 2 of the second joystick.
Why you may ask ? Because some unofficial Amstrad CPC ports sometimes require both sticks.

This unfortunately means that if you are playing it on the upcoming PG2 or GCW0 that you won't be able to play
those unofficial ports. (or at least move around)

A proper frontend could adress this in addition to disk drive support & auto boot but i personally hate working on computers for that reason.
Maybe for later.

Oh and yeah, most Amstrad GX4000 games are letterboxed, even on real hardware. The issue is that some unofficial games can take advantage of the overscan. Should i just assume that games don't use the overscan ?

TheReaperUK

« Reply #97 on: December 04, 2019, 12:59:02 am »
I have updated the Arnold emulator for both the GCW0 & RG-350 : it now works properly on both.
It also takes advantage of both sticks : One is mapped to Joystick 0, the other to Joystick 1.
The L and R shoulder buttons are also mapped to button 1 and 2 of the second joystick.
Why you may ask ? Because some unofficial Amstrad CPC ports sometimes require both sticks.

This unfortunately means that if you are playing it on the upcoming PG2 or GCW0 that you won't be able to play
those unofficial ports. (or at least move around)

A proper frontend could adress this in addition to disk drive support & auto boot but i personally hate working on computers for that reason.
Maybe for later.

Oh and yeah, most Amstrad GX4000 games are letterboxed, even on real hardware. The issue is that some unofficial games can take advantage of the overscan. Should i just assume that games don't use the overscan ?

Thank you for updating Arnold but for me it does not work, I select any .CPR file and i get a black screen for about a second then dumps me back to gmenu2x file selector, tested all GX4000 games in .CPR format and .BIN format but all have the same problem.

The original version for the GCW0 worked and loaded my .CPR but not .BIN files but as i said above had no sound at all.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 01:03:06 am by TheReaperUK »

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #98 on: December 04, 2019, 03:52:46 pm »
Thank you for updating Arnold but for me it does not work, I select any .CPR file and i get a black screen for about a second then dumps me back to gmenu2x file selector, tested all GX4000 games in .CPR format and .BIN format but all have the same problem.

The original version for the GCW0 worked and loaded my .CPR but not .BIN files but as i said above had no sound at all.
Arnold makes use of the IPU so make sure that your RG-350 is updated to the latest release.
https://github.com/tonyjih/RG350_linux/releases

I really don't understand some of the issues you guys are encountering. (No sound in Picodrive for example)
It sounds like the firmware released by Jutley messed up with the rootfs...

TheReaperUK

« Reply #99 on: December 04, 2019, 10:38:05 pm »
@gameblabla, That is the firmware i use, i've never taken apart my RG350 so i stick to .opk updates, got mine from here:

https://rs97.bitgala.xyz/RG-350/Latest%20Firmware/OPK%20Updates/

And running rg350-update-2019-10-27-2.opk, which is the latest, Also i have no problems with your latest PicoDrive, Handy, SMS Plus GX,  so i'm not sure why Arnold does not work.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 10:39:42 pm by TheReaperUK »

Post a new topic
Post a new topic