• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: RG-350 Emulators/Game releases by gameblabla  (Read 163624 times)

gameblabla (OP)

RG-350 Emulators/Game releases by gameblabla
« on: October 09, 2019, 06:23:18 am »
Hello guys !

The RG-350 is compatible with GCW0 software and its OPKs, except for of course the lack of a wifi chip.
Here's a list of ports that i had made for the GCW0 which should also work on the RG-350 :

Quote from: GCW0 ports
Games (Native ports)

Emulators/Game Engines

Some are not linked here (like Oswan, Temper) because they need to be fixed and i haven't gotten around it yet.
The RG-350 has dual analog sticks which are clickable as well as an extra set of 2 shoulder buttons.
This means that ports can be tweaked to make use of the extra buttons.

Get my OPKs here :
https://gitlab.com/gameblabla/gameblabla-releases/-/tree/master/opk/gcw0

The Beta firmware for the GCW0/RG-350/RG-350M can be found here :
http://od.abstraction.se/opendingux/latest

The OPKs for the older firmware are no longer supported but you can get the GKD350H ones that will work on it here :
https://gitlab.com/gameblabla/gameblabla-releases/-/tree/master/opk/350h

My releases include

SMS Plus GX (Master System/Game Gear/SG-1000/Colecovision)
This has numerous additions over the other builds. Compared to the older SMS_SDL release,
this fixes numerous games, runs faster, has the YM chip emulated and turned on for the supported games, and supports
the left analog stick too.

Handy (Atari Lynx)
Improved over the older Handy GCW0 build. This requires no BIOS, has more fixes, supports the IPU and is generally more stable.

Picodrive (Megadrive/Genesis/32X/Sega CD)
This is the Picodrive release with the 32X MIPS dynarec by Irixxx.
It is much faster than the older Picodrive build and can run all 32X games fullspeed.

NGPCEmu (Neo Geo Pocket Color emulator)
Based upon the libretro core of Mednafen's NGPC core. Runs fairly smoothly with Double buffering enabled. Left stick is supported.

VBA Next (Warning very slow !)
I wouldn't use this except as a Proof of Concept. 350H owners are advised to use the 350H specific version instead.

SwanEmu (Wonderswan emulator)
Based upon Mednafen's wonderswan core. Runs also fairly smoothly.
Double buffering isn't enabled due to the fact that Wonderswan games run at 75Hz.
Because double/triple buffering also forces vsync, there is no other around it.

Temper (PC Engine emulator)
Numerous fixes over my old GCW0 version, including support for the extra buttons and some fixes related to 6-buttons mode.
This also has IPU support and tries to crop some games with large borders.

Hode (Heart of Darkness)
This is a simple port of Heart of Darkness for Opendingux. To exit, press start, go to the main menu and select exit.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 06:48:57 am by gameblabla »
⚠ WARNING ⚠
If you are using any of my forks, emulators or ports, you are being influenced by propaganda !

gameblabla (OP)

Re: RG-350 Emulators/Game ports
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 06:27:01 am »
Reserved
⚠ WARNING ⚠
If you are using any of my forks, emulators or ports, you are being influenced by propaganda !

jbanes

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 08:56:34 pm »
Quake II will definitely benefit from the additional buttons. Not to mention proper analog sticks!

I hadn't thought about Quake III. That's a really good point. This device should be powerful enough!

Short of playing mods, it will mostly be a tech demo though. The AI is fun to play against, but Quake III really focused on online play. Something that's not going to happen on the RG-350.

_-Caleb-_

• Profile in GP32Spain
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 12:25:35 am »
Q3 or open arena?

The sticks are great for the fps ports :))

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 6 Pro mediante Tapatalk

- Nullum Gratuitum Prandium -
RG350 user

Nikojiro

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2019, 02:41:12 pm »
I tried two games yesterday and found issues:

• Hex-a-hop: dpad doesn't work
  • Super Methane Brothers: no sound

No big rush, through.

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2019, 02:54:56 pm »
  • Hex-a-hop: dpad doesn't work
  • Super Methane Brothers: no sound
But the analog stick works for Hexahop ?

I thought i had fixed the missing sound issue in Super Methane brothers.. will look into it once i get my console.
⚠ WARNING ⚠

Tron2k

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2019, 05:55:07 pm »
With the general nature of this thread's title i thought i was gonna find a more complete list of installable/playable apps for the rg350. I look forward to exploring the apps in gameblabla's list, don't get me wrong. I just need a place to find the engines that will play my doom and quake files. If anyone can link a library of everything in one place; homebrews, emulaters, anything else- please do so. Im sure many people new to the rg350 or even the gcw0 will appreciate finding this here.

ace9094

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2019, 02:38:01 am »

The RG-350 has dual analog sticks which are clickable as well as an extra set of 2 shoulder buttons.
This means that ports can be tweaked to make use of the extra buttons.
So far, i've only done so for PCSX4ALL (implemented as Dualshock, left stick can also be used for digital only games) :

Looking forward to trying this PlayStation emulator when my RG350 arrives :)

Great work Gameblabla !!
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2019, 07:04:34 am »
With the general nature of this thread's title i thought i was gonna find a more complete list of installable/playable apps for the rg350. I look forward to exploring the apps in gameblabla's list, don't get me wrong. I just need a place to find the engines that will play my doom and quake files. If anyone can link a library of everything in one place; homebrews, emulaters, anything else- please do so. Im sure many people new to the rg350 or even the gcw0 will appreciate finding this here.
Yeah for some reasons the moderators changed the title from "My OPK for the RG-350/GCW0" to simply RG-350 Emulators/Game ports.
Maybe they think i am single handedly doing the ports, which is a bit far from the truth when it comes to the GCW0 and RG-350...

Looking forward to trying this PlayStation emulator when my RG350 arrives :)
I plan on adding right stick emulation for digital only games as well as fixing up Dual analog support.
⚠ WARNING ⚠

exorio

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2019, 09:11:14 am »
I've been googling around; if ZDoom managed to be ported to this, brutal doom is PLAYABLE  ;D (at least v20b, but v21 is meh anyway). It's already done on Pi.

Not sure how the performance will go though.

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2019, 02:49:32 pm »
I 've released another minor update for PCSX4ALL :

• Adds back Skip BIOS option that was mistakenly removed. Oops
  • Fixing DualAnalog only games like Descent among others.
  • Fix potential crashing issue when saving file.
  • Menu can also be brought up with Power button in addition to SELECT then START. (Not sure if it works though)

As usual, you can grab the new OPK here :
https://github.com/gameblabla/pcsx4all/releases

Btw, i also tried new optimization settings for this one. (still no PGO though because i still have not received my console)

I've been googling around; if ZDoom managed to be ported to this, brutal doom is PLAYABLE  ;D (at least v20b, but v21 is meh anyway). It's already done on Pi.
Yeah i'm afraid to see the performance for Brutal Doom... To be fair, i still need to figure out how to compile ZDoom.
⚠ WARNING ⚠

Senor Quack

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2019, 07:01:06 pm »

Gameblabla, I have a RG-350 and am working on an official release right now.  (To others: this OPK from gameblabla is NOT an official PCSX4ALL release)

This is why I can't post my commits on github with regularity.. :(   If anyone wishes to speak with me, I'm always on #gcw on Freenode IRC, though not necessarily 'at the keyboard' all the time of course.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 07:10:32 pm by Senor Quack »

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2019, 11:18:59 pm »
Gameblabla, I have a RG-350 and am working on an official release right now.  (To others: this OPK from gameblabla is NOT an official PCSX4ALL release)
Is this based on the upcoming part5 with MXU ? Are you intending on using my Dualshock patches or do you have something better ?
Either way, i'm very eager to see what you come up !

Btw, i made someone try an input test app on the RG-350 and it seems that the power button returns 0.
In other words, SDLK_UNKNOWN...
Apparently its mapped to KP_POWER but is this even mapped by SDL 1.2 ?

I released a minor update that fixes L3/R3 to the correct ones, so its now working for Ape Escape.

EDIT: That reminds me Senquack but i'll have to merge my HLE patches to your branch if you are seriously making an official release because it fixes quite a few games.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 12:55:26 am by gameblabla »
⚠ WARNING ⚠

ace9094

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2019, 07:26:53 pm »
I have few questions...

My setting s choices for PSX wont stick... Frame rate is always on, I switch it and it comes back for the next time launch or choose a game... Any idea how to make them stick?

Some games boot to the memory card screen...  I thought the HLE Bios setting might fix it but sam,e thing happens.

All my roms are ISO / IMG  Converted to PBP to save space...

This is by far the best release of the emulator... Cant wait to play ape escape....

Great work Gameblabla Keep it up !!!

Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2019, 02:20:27 pm »
Some games boot to the memory card screen...  I thought the HLE Bios setting might fix it but sam,e thing happens.
That's what happen when a dump is invalid or the image format isn't detected yet.
i am dumping my games to bin/cue and haven't ran into this issue but someone else did a pull request that could fix those games.
I'll do a later release if senquack does not make his...

My setting s choices for PSX wont stick... Frame rate is always on, I switch it and it comes back for the next time launch or choose a game... Any idea how to make them stick?
This can happen if .pcsx4all gets corrupt. Also it seems that it can sometimes crash on exit... Sadly the frontend code is poorly designed.
⚠ WARNING ⚠

Surkow

• * Administrator
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2019, 03:05:41 pm »
[...]
Yeah for some reasons the moderators changed the title from "My OPK for the RG-350/GCW0" to simply RG-350 Emulators/Game ports.
Maybe they think i am single handedly doing the ports, which is a bit far from the truth when it comes to the GCW0 and RG-350...
What would be a better thread title? "RG-350 Emulators/Game releases by gameblabla" or something similar?

Edit: done.

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2019, 03:38:45 pm »
[...]
What would be a better thread title? "RG-350 Emulators/Game releases by gameblabla" or something similar?
Yeah more like it. I don't want to give off the impression that i take credits for something i didn't : ' )
⚠ WARNING ⚠

ace9094

Re: RG-350 Emulators/Game releases by gameblabla
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2019, 09:36:08 pm »
Hey Gameblabla,

Is it possible to add a feature to switch to Controller 2 on PCSX4ALL ? - This is required to beat Psychomantis in Metal Gear Solid :)

Just Curious if it can be done or if it will be done ?

Thanks
ace

Reds

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2019, 08:17:42 am »
Hey Gameblabla,

Is it possible to add a feature to switch to Controller 2 on PCSX4ALL ? - This is required to beat Psychomantis in Metal Gear Solid :)

Just Curious if it can be done or if it will be done ?

Thanks
ace

You can defeat Psycho Mantis by shooting the two statues in his room. There, I saved Gameblabla an update.

Speaking of the PS1 emulator, I'll cross-post since I'm not sure if he read it there:

I've encountered a very odd problem in the latest version that didn't exist on Senor Quack's last official GCW release, which is that certain games like Gungage and Megaman Legends 1 and 2 seem to completely ignore their own internal 30fps cap and run at double speed/60fps. Most games don't suffer from this but it renders those that do unplayable. Do you know what causes this, and if so is it possible to do a bugfix?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 08:19:30 am by Reds »

ace9094

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2019, 04:21:17 pm »

I've encountered a very odd problem in the latest version that didn't exist on Senor Quack's last official GCW release, which is that certain games like Gungage and Megaman Legends 1 and 2 seem to completely ignore their own internal 30fps cap and run at double speed/60fps. Most games don't suffer from this but it renders those that do unplayable. Do you know what causes this, and if so is it possible to do a bugfix?

Try the PAL / NTSC patch for the games... That may limit them to 30FPS....

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/40/

https://consolecopyworld.com/psx/psx_patches_m.shtml
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 04:24:27 pm by ace9094 »