• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: RG-350 Emulators/Game releases by gameblabla  (Read 150195 times)

_-Caleb-_

• Profile in GP32Spain
Re: RG-350 Emulators/Game releases by gameblabla
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2019, 08:16:32 am »
And using dos32a?

http://dos32a.narechk.net/index_en.html

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 6 Pro mediante Tapatalk

I use that to launch fallout instead?
Dos32a is a replacement for 4gw, faster, smallest and gnu

Put the exe in the folder and ejecute dos32a game.exe

So I make a bat that executes them both?
Yep, ive used in blood (in an old pc) and the performance increases around 60%...

Edit: in the console you can use the direct command without bat in the CONFIG file, i think...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 08:21:14 am by _-Caleb-_ »
- Nullum Gratuitum Prandium -
RG350 user

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2019, 01:59:18 am »
I have updated the fist post with links to the latest versions for both PCSX4ALL and SMS Plus GX.

PCSX4ALL has been reported to work fine on real hardware, though make sure to have the very latest firmware release !
As for the changelog, it's mostly stuff like Rumble finally working properly, minor fixes to games and frontend.

SMS Plus GX should also work fine with the later OPK, again this needs the latest firmware release.

I'll stop until i can get my console because i seriously can't rely on other people's feedback and so many things can happen during the time they work...

kribby

« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2019, 02:34:15 am »

SMS Plus GX should also work fine with the later OPK, again this needs the latest firmware release.

I'll stop until i can get my console because i seriously can't rely on other people's feedback and so many things can happen during the time they work...

SMS Plus works, however the main menu is a black screen, if I blindly press buttons I can see the submenus fine, but once I go back to the main menu screen it's still a blank. Otherwise the emulator seems to work fine.

I'll gladly wait until you get your unit, thank you for all your hard work.

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2019, 01:09:19 pm »
SMS Plus works, however the main menu is a black screen, if I blindly press buttons I can see the submenus fine, but once I go back to the main menu screen it's still a blank. Otherwise the emulator seems to work fine.

I'll gladly wait until you get your unit, thank you for all your hard work.
Hmm, i have no idea why the black screen happens.
I uploaded a newer OPK for SMS Plus GX with some minor fixes, can you please try it ? It should fix your issues with it.

Also, i uploaded a build of my Handy fork for the GCW0/RG-350 as well.

kribby

« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2019, 01:34:29 pm »
This newer build straight up black screens at all times and audio is broken.

AndreaSpooky

« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2019, 10:34:23 am »
Any chance to have RetroArch and UAE4ALL emus for RG 350?

TheReaperUK

« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2019, 11:36:27 pm »
Got mine today, not sure but seems a bit slower then my GCWZero!!

Tested SMS Plus but all i get is a black screen but can hear sound, Sound sounds like its running really slow, pressing Power button i think brings up the emu menu but again its just a black screen but if i d-pad up once then press A it does quit.

Also PCSX4ALL has an odd problem with Right Analog Stick for me, The game Aliens Resurrection (Dualshock controls) is turning the player Left/Right with up and down on the stick and left/right is doing nothing at all?, Also on same game the Rumble on the unit does not stop while playing, possible to turn Rumble off?

Also frame rate is slower then the PCSX4ALL that came with my RG350 but that version does not use the analog sticks at all and also no Rumble.

And one last question, will you port Divi-Dead to the RG350 as i still waiting for RS-07/PAP K3 Plus version ;D

Update: Arnold (GX4000) Works but has no sound, tested with 5 games if that matters.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 01:29:05 am by TheReaperUK »
Lots of Handhelds but my favourite is still my GCW Zero and also RG-350, But the RG-300 is 2nd Best.

ace9094

« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2019, 09:53:06 pm »
Also frame rate is slower then the PCSX4ALL that came with my RG350 but that version does not use the analog sticks at all and also no Rumble.

Can you give me some example games and I will check it them across the 4 versions of PCSX4ALL I am running on my RG350.

I had frame rate issues where games were locked at 30FPS
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

AndreaSpooky

« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2019, 09:44:18 am »
Is it me or the right Analog in PCSX4ALL has 1 axis switched (Y instead of X) and the X axis doesn't work at all?

Anyway...
Any chance to have RetroArch and UAE4ALL emus for RG 350?

Found the UAE4ALL, runs pretty good, better than LDK's.

No trace of RetroArch though.

Jim Goose

« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2019, 02:52:42 pm »
And using dos32a?

http://dos32a.narechk.net/index_en.html

I use that to launch fallout instead?
Dos32a is a replacement for 4gw, faster, smallest and gnu

Put the exe in the folder and ejecute dos32a game.exe

So I make a bat that executes them both?
Yep, ive used in blood (in an old pc) and the performance increases around 60%...

Edit: in the console you can use the direct command without bat in the CONFIG file, i think...

I tried many times, it still gets an error.
Handheld Collection:

PocketC.H.I.P.
RG350

TheReaperUK

« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2019, 03:25:41 pm »

Can you give me some example games and I will check it them across the 4 versions of PCSX4ALL I am running on my RG350.

I had frame rate issues where games were locked at 30FPS

It was the game Aliens Resurrection it was jumping frame rate from 26 to 60, but after checking settings frame skip was set to 0 (no skipping) but other PCSX4ALL was set to Auto, so that was why, I'm using another Emulator now that has no Rumble but Dualshock setting works so i can now play Aliens Resurrection with both analog sticks, But i could not get Road Rash (PBP) to work?
Lots of Handhelds but my favourite is still my GCW Zero and also RG-350, But the RG-300 is 2nd Best.

ace9094

« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2019, 11:13:32 pm »
I could not get Road Rash (PBP) to work?

I have found a lot of games do not work in PBP format, after some testing I figured games converted to PBP using PopStation work fine, however PBP titles downloaded on the Vita using PKJG for the Adrenaline PSP emulator or using the Playtstation download tool for PC do not work. I "Think" those titles are encrypted.

I also tried PBP games from the PlayStation Classic 256GB pack over at arcadepunks, some worked others did not.

I suggest you just convert the ISO / Image files for PSone games to PBP using Popstation, That has given best results for me so far :)
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

AndreaSpooky

« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2019, 08:58:11 am »
Road Rash also doesn't work for me, game stucks after LOA movie logo at the beginning (cue+bin format): could be due the higher resolution menu?

Also: same issue with right analog here.
For example GT2 doesn't see the X axis, and the actual X axis is swapped on the Y.

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2019, 07:02:06 pm »
I have rebased PCSX4ALL and brought back my fixes to it. This new version works better according to a tester.

..Yes, i said tester because i still don't have it. (and thus i can't fix SMS Plus GX either, sorry)

I'll look into merging my patches to Tony's branch or maybe @senquack 's, if he gets around releasing his version that is...

iball

« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2019, 10:41:40 pm »
I have rebased PCSX4ALL and brought back my fixes to it. This new version works better according to a tester.

..Yes, i said tester because i still don't have it. (and thus i can't fix SMS Plus GX either, sorry)

I'll look into merging my patches to Tony's branch or maybe @senquack 's, if he gets around releasing his version that is...
Oooo, so close.  When I run your newest version and select a PS1 file, it instantly turns on the vibration motor it never shuts off.
Possibly have a vibration motor option in the settings somewhere?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 10:43:44 pm by iball »

Jim Goose

« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2019, 11:07:36 pm »

Has this version fixed MegaMan Legends?
Handheld Collection:

PocketC.H.I.P.
RG350

iball

« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2019, 05:02:14 am »

The rumble code appears to be broken. 
Upon launching any game it turns on and never stops, it's a hard max rumble, i.e. "id_shake_big" and not a light one (id_shake_small).
Can we get a menu option to turn it off or disable it?

spyroskonst

« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2019, 08:01:00 am »
Road Rash also doesn't work for me, game stucks after LOA movie logo at the beginning (cue+bin format): could be due the higher resolution menu?

Try this.
Once the game starts, press SELECT+START.
On the new menu go to CORE SETTINGS and change EMULATION CORE - "REC".

This is what worked for me and managed to start the first (original) Road Rash game.

Ironically, the other 2 games released after that work perfectly, without this workaround.

ace9094

« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2019, 12:08:09 pm »
Hey Gameblabla,

Is it possible to add the PlayStation cheats folder in to the next release of PCSX4ALL as suggested  in the thread below, or may create a one off version ?

See this thread :) https://boards.dingoonity.org/retro-game-350rg-350/how-to-pcsx4all-cheats/

Thanks
ace

AndreaSpooky

« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2019, 11:04:52 am »

Try this.
Once the game starts, press SELECT+START.
On the new menu go to CORE SETTINGS and change EMULATION CORE - "REC".

This is what worked for me and managed to start the first (original) Road Rash game.

Ironically, the other 2 games released after that work perfectly, without this workaround.

it was already on REC, by default

Post a new topic
Post a new topic