Author Topic: RG-350 Emulators/Game releases by gameblabla  (Read 77053 times)

gameblabla (OP)

Re: RG-350 Emulators/Game releases by gameblabla
« Reply #240 on: May 09, 2020, 02:32:16 am »

I found the source code for the PC release of Super Mario 64.
Remember when people managed to decompile the game ? Well they used that source code to natively port it to OpenGL ES/OpenGL.
I simply grabbed the source code, made some modifications (notably the sound playback because SDL2 was too old so replaced it with some alsa code) and got it working... (Someone else tested it for me because right now, i'm stuck with a broken firmware on my RG-350 lol)

Unfortunately the 3D drivers are, well, old and glitchy as fuck. Unfortunately this prevents it from being playable so i only gave the private build to a few people for that reason.

Ah well, you can't have everything guys ?

indask8

« Reply #241 on: May 09, 2020, 08:05:47 am »
This is cool, I wondered how long it would take for someone to try to port SM64 on the RG350.

FireGate_13

« Reply #242 on: May 14, 2020, 05:13:06 pm »
Hello,Can anyone check if a port of NFS2SE to RG350 is possible ?
I saw there are sources  but  i do not know if a x86 application can run on an arm device.
https://github.com/zaps166/NFSIISE
and
https://github.com/zaps166/NFSIISEN

Kozinenko2

« Reply #243 on: May 16, 2020, 08:48:44 pm »
Gameblabla, can you port the J2ME emulator with PSPKVM?  It is open source.  Not a single game starts on Midpath and there are not enough buttons (although they are not needed, the games do not work, after all).  thanks in advance.

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #244 on: May 19, 2020, 02:44:42 am »
Hello guys,
I have updated 3DOH, the 3DO emulator that i made for the GCW0 a while back.
People kept pestering me for a newer faster build so here it is.
It now uses 16-bits color depth instead of 32, i'm using more aggressive opts, using vsync instead of synchronize() etc...

On the GKD350H, commercial games are *almost* playable with sound and the fastest overclock.
I haven't tried it on the RG-350 but i doubt it will be that fast. It will run faster than the previous build however.

https://gameblabla.nl/files/ipk/gcw0/3doh_gcw0.opk

Enjoy for now

I may look into redoing the same thing for Virtual Jaguar, this port has a few issues...

Hello,Can anyone check if a port of NFS2SE to RG350 is possible ?
I saw there are sources  but  i do not know if a x86 application can run on an arm device.
https://github.com/zaps166/NFSIISE
and
https://github.com/zaps166/NFSIISEN
Since when it is a thing ? It has OpenGL ES 2 with SDL2. It should be doable but this was only tested on ARM.
I might give it a shot.

Gameblabla, can you port the J2ME emulator with PSPKVM?  It is open source.  Not a single game starts on Midpath and there are not enough buttons (although they are not needed, the games do not work, after all).  thanks in advance.
Yeah i'm not courageous (or competent) enough to translate the mips III code to mips32 and making ports from the PSP is very hard.
And no, i don't want to deal with Midpath either, this thing is a mess lol...

Xaijiqq

« Reply #245 on: May 19, 2020, 06:39:43 pm »
thanks for the ports  :)  would it be possible to add the scanlines: light/dark option for handy that was in the older version? 

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #246 on: May 20, 2020, 09:03:02 am »
thanks for the ports  :)  would it be possible to add the scanlines: light/dark option for handy that was in the older version?
Idk, last time i attempted it, it didn't look as good as i hope it would be. You want the scanlines to look like the real hardware, right ?

Xaijiqq

« Reply #247 on: May 20, 2020, 06:23:13 pm »
Idk, last time i attempted it, it didn't look as good as i hope it would be. You want the scanlines to look like the real hardware, right ?
it really gives it that lynx look i think.  i really love it!  your port has a smoother full screen but i find myself going back to the old version just for the scanlines.  in the aspect mode its kinda pointless though

DaveC1964

« Reply #248 on: May 21, 2020, 03:53:09 am »

It is tricky and the scanlines should be vertical to simulate the LCD RGB triplet grid.  There are PC Lynx Handy emus that have this effect.  The thing is you would need to put the scanlines over the image after scaling or you would get weird rippley artifacts.  You just need to do them every other LCD line.  This could be even finer if it was done on the RG350M too using every other line at 640 x 480.

http://handy.sourceforge.net/

« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 03:57:13 am by DaveC1964 »

konyfero

« Reply #249 on: May 22, 2020, 09:47:32 pm »
I have found a very annoying PicoDrive bug. In some games the system / fps info displayed at start never disappears and it stays flickering until enter & exit from menu.

I have tried all region and other configs unsuccessfully.

Is there any way to disable this?

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #250 on: May 24, 2020, 05:16:05 pm »
I have found a very annoying PicoDrive bug. In some games the system / fps info displayed at start never disappears and it stays flickering until enter & exit from menu.

I have tried all region and other configs unsuccessfully.

Is there any way to disable this?
It's an issue with the triple buffering. You should disable the FPS counter and restart picodrive or exit it.
(The option is Show FPS in the settings. It should be in the same place as Sound Quality, Enable sound, Region)

Btw, i suffered a minor data loss on my part. x_x
Thankfully i had some backups for my passwords etc... but not to some stuff i was working on, like my potator fork.
Oh well, it was going nowhere anyway. I think i will just do a lazy port for Potator since it annoys me.

wallacefung

« Reply #251 on: May 24, 2020, 10:02:04 pm »
PicoDrive:
It seems the Picodrive have the following Final Fight CD bug (wrong audio track)
https://github.com/notaz/picodrive/issues/46

Temper:
If I play CD-rom game with CUE+bin file format, audio track playing is choppy sometimes.
Is it the problem cased by slow SD interface in RG350?

_-Caleb-_

• Profile in GP32Spain
« Reply #252 on: May 24, 2020, 10:30:56 pm »
Hi. Have we Any chance of littlegptracker port for the rg350??
I'm surprised that people are actually using this... lol. I'll see if i can get it to work.

Hi gameblabla!! All fine i Hope, still interested un male good chiptune music ;)

Maybe its posible? 🤞

Regards!
- Nullum Gratuitum Prandium -
RG350 user

konyfero

« Reply #253 on: May 26, 2020, 07:46:52 am »
It's an issue with the triple buffering. You should disable the FPS counter and restart picodrive or exit it.
(The option is Show FPS in the settings. It should be in the same place as Sound Quality, Enable sound, Region)

Hi Gameblabla, thanks for your response. I don't have enabled fps counter. I have enabled & disabled to test and have the bug too.

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #254 on: May 29, 2020, 09:56:15 am »
I forgot about LGPT.. maybe i will try to look into it.

PicoDrive:
It seems the Picodrive have the following Final Fight CD bug (wrong audio track)
Too bad he deleted his fork too, thus it's impossible to see how he fixed it.
Does it happen with other games as well ?
Are you using a bin/cue dump ?

Temper:
If I play CD-rom game with CUE+bin file format, audio track playing is choppy sometimes.
Is it the problem cased by slow SD interface in RG350?
I think it's due to the audio refresh rate mismatch. There was also this issue on the RS-90 port and drowsnug fixed it. I have not brought back the fix to the RG-350 build though.

Hi Gameblabla, thanks for your response. I don't have enabled fps counter. I have enabled & disabled to test and have the bug too.
Is it possible to have a photo or video ?

wallacefung

« Reply #255 on: May 31, 2020, 10:54:16 am »

PicoDrive:

Too bad he deleted his fork too, thus it's impossible to see how he fixed it.
Does it happen with other games as well ?
Are you using a bin/cue dump ?

Yes, I use redump image and use CDmage to convert multi bin to single bin+cue.

bazola

« Reply #256 on: May 31, 2020, 09:21:00 pm »
Hi gameblabla
Is there a way to display swanemu in native resolution (224x144), i played that way with oswan on my gcw zero  . Thanks
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 09:22:43 pm by bazola »

DaveC1964

« Reply #257 on: June 01, 2020, 06:35:08 am »
Is there a way to enable V-sync in the Handy Lynx emu?  I get screen tearing with it.

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #258 on: June 07, 2020, 03:13:04 pm »
Is there a way to enable V-sync in the Handy Lynx emu?  I get screen tearing with it.
Nope, it sort of messes up with sound due to the way it works. Last time i disabled I/O blocking and turned on vsync/triple buffering, the sound felt off.

Is there a way to display swanemu in native resolution (224x144), i played that way with oswan on my gcw zero  . Thanks
Nope, it just uses IPU scaling so no option to center the games in a window. I thought it was pointless given how small things are.

DaveC1964

« Reply #259 on: June 13, 2020, 03:48:05 am »

Nope, it sort of messes up with sound due to the way it works. Last time i disabled I/O blocking and turned on vsync/triple buffering, the sound felt off.

That is too bad because the screen tearing is bad.  I wonder if there is a different Lynx emu that doesn't have that issue?

Also just wondering if you know, in the VICE C64 emulator why doesn't it load .PRG game files?  VICE on everything else does.  It seems these emulators aren't updated much anymore so I wasn't sure who to ask.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 03:50:44 am by DaveC1964 »

Post a new topic