Author Topic: RG-350 Emulators/Game releases by gameblabla  (Read 66962 times)

MaddieLurker

Re: RG-350 Emulators/Game releases by gameblabla
« Reply #220 on: February 21, 2020, 05:25:55 pm »
Hi. Have we Any chance of littlegptracker port for the rg350??
I'm surprised that people are actually using this... lol. I'll see if i can get it to work.

Any updates on this? I'm looking into running little piggy tracker on my RG350. Has anyone managed to port it?

AmD911

« Reply #221 on: February 21, 2020, 05:44:06 pm »
For the latest build of Picodrive -
Wani wani world cannot display the title text and in game player sprites on this version.
Changing the Display renderer color to 8bit fast fix the problem.
(https://gameblabla.nl/files/ipk/gcw0/picodrive_gcw0.opk) 18 FEB 2020 Build

It was working in the previous versions. Can you please check? Thanks
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 05:52:00 pm by AmD911 »

ace9094

« Reply #222 on: February 21, 2020, 09:34:29 pm »
Hey gameblabla,

Is it possible to port this "fba-sdl" version of FBA to the RS-07 ?

https://github.com/nobk/fba-sdl/releases

I know the RG-350 has a better cpu etc, but just wonder if this would improve it at all ?

Thanks
ace
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #223 on: February 23, 2020, 12:39:33 am »
Wani wani world cannot display the title text and in game player sprites on this version.

Thanks for reporting the issue. It also had other issues with the YM chip in Sonic games such as missing notes and the likes...
Seems like he made a bunch of experimental and risky commits and broke stuff. Fun
I reverted to the older OPK since for most users it won't matter.

AmD911

« Reply #224 on: February 23, 2020, 11:22:04 am »

Thanks for reporting the issue. It also had other issues with the YM chip in Sonic games such as missing notes and the likes...
Seems like he made a bunch of experimental and risky commits and broke stuff. Fun
I reverted to the older OPK since for most users it won't matter.

Thanks for your time and effort in taking care of the issue!

dio791

« Reply #225 on: March 01, 2020, 02:45:18 pm »

hi everyone a question, are rg350 running cps3 games?

fonzi

« Reply #226 on: March 05, 2020, 04:46:04 am »
Awesome thanks very much gameblabla.

Request: Is it possible to replicate say the SMS Plus GX so it has diff name and icon for 2 systems?
One for Game Grear the other for Master System? with name and icons to suit.
So therefore rather than navigating to diff folders for GG and SMS we could have an emu for both.

Like for eg what Panja has done with th Genesis PluS GX emu for the Pocket Go 2 here?
https://boards.dingoonity.org/ingenic-jz4760-devices/(pg2)-genesis-plus-gx-with-custom-icon-and-custom-config-directory

Also,same with your Picodrive? One for 32x and one for Sega CD? Thus have two diff names and icons?

Or can anyone else here do this?Would be awesome and handy.
Just a thought anyway.

Thanks

edit: I found one work around. I can just put on two copies of the same emulator and if I use Rogue FW I can just rename them.
However icons are same and any emu settings I change and save as global seems to apply to both.
Still,it does work I guess.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 10:43:08 am by fonzi »

a330boy

« Reply #227 on: March 06, 2020, 05:39:10 am »
@gameblabla Does Temper support IPU?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 05:59:40 am by a330boy »

datadragon

« Reply #228 on: March 06, 2020, 01:57:43 pm »

Request: Is it possible to replicate say the SMS Plus GX so it has diff name and icon for 2 systems?
So therefore rather than navigating to diff folders for GG and SMS we could have an emu for both.

To try, I made separate opk versions of the sms plus gx for game gear and master system with different icons/names.
https://mega.nz/#!IQ0X0aoB!aTTyUP3A4U3rsqhNNZViBS-HKX3GbADawwHSPrQbMmk You can have each one startup in a different rom directory for selecting a game at launch. (Highlight the icon, press select, choose edit to modify the directory).

Keep in mind the emulator also runs colecovision and sg-1000 so as a suggestion to gameblabla since it supports 4 emulators, a different button layout config file should be savable for each emulator separately or in another folder rather than shared if possible. If also split by someone into separate launch versions like this, each emulator would then already have its own separate config for the buttons/options.

fonzi

« Reply #229 on: March 06, 2020, 06:54:49 pm »

To try, I made separate opk versions of the sms plus gx for game gear and master system with different icons/names.
https://mega.nz/#!IQ0X0aoB!aTTyUP3A4U3rsqhNNZViBS-HKX3GbADawwHSPrQbMmk You can have each one startup in a different rom directory for selecting a game at launch. (Highlight the icon, press select, choose edit to modify the directory).
Ill give these a go,thanks.

Keep in mind the emulator also runs colecovision and sg-1000 so as a suggestion to gameblabla since it supports 4 emulators, a different button layout config file should be savable for each emulator separately or in another folder rather than shared if possible. If also split by someone into separate launch versions like this, each emulator would then already have its own separate config for the buttons/options.
Yeah,what you have done is what I think can be done with Rogue FW correct? They are just duplicates with diff name and icon?
You can rename them and I did see you can also add your own icon.With Rogue.
Diff being with yours though you can use them on stock FW and still have diff icons and names.

But even with what I did you can also have diff start up folders.
Only thing is when you makes changes to the emu it applies to both. That why a diff config is needed to keep them actually both as sep emulators.Correct?

btw: Id also like this done with the his Picodrive emu.
One for SegaCD (MegaCD) and one for the 32X. Would be good.
At moment im doing same with that on Rogue.just doubled it but changed names and icons using Rogue FW's build in feature for that.

fonzi

« Reply #230 on: March 06, 2020, 08:47:04 pm »
datadragon:
Just tested them.
Wow,very nice.
Very much appreciated :)
Any chance you could do one for gameblabla's release of Picodrive? One for Sega32x and one for SegaCD?
Or,any decent guides on how to this for yourself?

edit: Did the Pico ones myself with help of ace9094.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 08:45:46 pm by fonzi »

a330boy

« Reply #231 on: March 07, 2020, 01:41:35 am »

Exactly what I've been doing like I got Gambatte for Gameboy and Ohboy for Gameboy Color.

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #232 on: March 11, 2020, 03:31:58 pm »
I could add the ability to change the name of the home folder where settings are saved but honestly that's as far as it will go...
Why are you guys doing this ? As far as i know, all of the frontends out there are not very good.

I updated Picodrive with the latest changes though. Note that the cursor issue on the GKD350H should be gone now too.

@gameblabla Does Temper support IPU?
No, not yet. I did some work towards it (successfully managed to remove the padding) but some games like Street Fighter II are
letterboxed by the games themselves and it seems to be a common trend among games.
It's really annoying and i'm not sure how i can fix this unless i detect black borders on the fly.

It's no secret that i am losing interest in these devices, especially as i've done most of the work. (apart from things that i can't fix)
Yet there's still so much on the plate... Oh well

The NP2Kai team finally added SDL 1.2 support to NP2 so i compiled a quick build of it here :
https://gameblabla.nl/files/ipk/gcw0/np2kai_untested.opk
This is untested for now as it requires a few files in .config/np2kai and i haven't bothered to look at it yet.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 07:02:22 pm by gameblabla »

iball

« Reply #233 on: March 11, 2020, 06:43:57 pm »
It's no secret that i am losing interest in these devices, especially as i've done most of the work. (apart from things that i can't fix)
Yet

I hear you.  I'm on my OGA more now, tweaking it and getting NDS and Dreamcast ROMs running on it.

a330boy

« Reply #234 on: March 17, 2020, 05:14:28 pm »
Yet there's still so much on the plate... Oh well

Nooo! Don't abandon your baby.

rchrdcrg

« Reply #235 on: April 05, 2020, 10:27:21 am »
As someone who recently got a RG350 and loves it, I just wanted to say how much I appreciate the work that goes into improving these emulators! I have quite a few of these specific releases to replace stock emulators where I was having issues, and without that effort we'd all be stuck with sub-par toys instead of amazing emulation devices. Thanks for helping make stuff like the RG350 a whole extra level of awesome!

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #236 on: April 07, 2020, 01:40:57 pm »
I have ported HODE, a heart of darkness port by Cyd that was later improved with audio support for the Switch/Wii/PSP etc...
My port uses SDL 1.2 with triple buffering turned on and also uses the IPU because this game actually uses 256x192 (same as the Master system, ha !).

Make sure to have all of the files (including SETUP.DAT in the setup folder !) in a folder (it can be placed anywhere) and select any of the .mst, .lvl, .dem files to run it.

I only tried this on QEMU (since i have flashed another early firmware for my RG-350) but it should work ok on real hardware.

I also have updated Picodrive to the latest commits. Still no IPU support for this one however.

As someone who recently got a RG350 and loves it, I just wanted to say how much I appreciate the work that goes into improving these emulators! I have quite a few of these specific releases to replace stock emulators where I was having issues, and without that effort we'd all be stuck with sub-par toys instead of amazing emulation devices. Thanks for helping make stuff like the RG350 a whole extra level of awesome!
Thanks ! Much better than some of the backlash i got ;' o

EDIT: Lots of audio lag due to incorrect settings and other stuff as well... I pushed another update and can confirm it works on real hardware now. (that's for HODE)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 09:59:08 pm by gameblabla »

papapito

« Reply #237 on: April 10, 2020, 05:12:22 pm »
Thanks ! Much better than some of the backlash i got ;' o

What are you talking about? You are great and your ports are fantastic. I really appreciate all the work you've done.

fosamax

« Reply #238 on: April 21, 2020, 06:09:05 pm »
Hi,

Gameblabla could you please disable analog support for Temper. It sometimes does funky things in menu. Or at least could you please make it switchable. Could you also fix inverted X and Y in button layout ? Lastly, even if i set savestates and loadstates on the button mapping, it doesn't seem to work.

I hope also IPU support could be added since some games runs totally off screen like Strip Fighter II (funny game IMO).

Thanks for your continued hard work.

DaveC1964

« Reply #239 on: April 24, 2020, 05:16:36 am »
EDIT: Lots of audio lag due to incorrect settings and other stuff as well... I pushed another update and can confirm it works on real hardware now. (that's for HODE)

I only just got one of the RG350 units.  I am thinking of getting the metal one too, I am not sure if the screen resolution makes any difference unless for cleaner scaling, but hey it is metal!   Thanks for all of your ports, it makes this worth having.  I also have other devices such as the Android devices.  I like this unit because it is small and uncomplicated.

Since you know a lot about these and mentioned lag do you know why XMAME seems to have a lot of audio lag?  Is it some bug in the code? I am wondering if you notice it or if it is just me or maybe my settings?  No one else mentions it.

Thanks again for the great stuff you ported and fixed.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 05:22:47 am by DaveC1964 »

Post a new topic