Author Topic: RG-350 Emulators/Game releases by gameblabla  (Read 44311 times)

Dr_Bunsen

Re: RG-350 Emulators/Game releases by gameblabla
« Reply #200 on: January 26, 2020, 01:15:23 am »
Having trouble getting Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart to run on my RG-350. It doesn't seem to create an icon to launch and when I try and run the opk with explorer it crashes.
My Portable Devices: Sega Game Gear, PSP 3000, PS Vita, Nvidia Shield Portable, GPD Win, GPD XD+, Bitboy V1, Coolboy RS-97, PAP KIII Plus, LDK Landscape, 1Up-Pix Portable Landscape (RPi 3B+), Anbernic RG-350.

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #201 on: January 26, 2020, 02:09:57 am »
Having trouble getting Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart to run on my RG-350. It doesn't seem to create an icon to launch and when I try and run the opk with explorer it crashes.
Most likely it has not transferred to your device completely. Is it 192MB ?
Maybe it got corrupted somehow when i uploaded it on my server . I must note that if you are using Filezilla, the connection type must be forced to Binary rather than ASCII. Otherwise, Filezilla will in some cases misdetect OPKs as ASCII files and transfer it that way.

TheReaperUK

« Reply #202 on: January 26, 2020, 03:49:48 am »
Thanks for Divi-Dead, Works great and finally got around to completing the Game, Awesome ;D
Lots of Handhelds but my favourite is still my GCW Zero and also RG-350, But the RG-300 is 2nd Best.

BWright81

« Reply #203 on: January 26, 2020, 04:35:15 am »
I think i may know what happened to your unit. On the GCW0, this could sometimes happen (although the effect is different, the screen slowly becomes white instead) when an emulator/games uses the IPU.
Are you on Rogue CFW ? If not, then you may consider using that instead, as the stock firmware has a lot of issues. (including with the IPU implementation that has some issues)

This sounds like a kernel issue and short of using my 350H version instead, i have no fix for you if it occurs again.

I've switched to Rogue CFW 1.0.3, and so far the problem hasn't come back. Thanks for the reply.

Dr_Bunsen

« Reply #204 on: January 26, 2020, 11:56:22 pm »
Most likely it has not transferred to your device completely. Is it 192MB ?
Maybe it got corrupted somehow when i uploaded it on my server . I must note that if you are using Filezilla, the connection type must be forced to Binary rather than ASCII. Otherwise, Filezilla will in some cases misdetect OPKs as ASCII files and transfer it that way.

Tried forcing binary in Filezilla and it transferred fine this time. Game plays great! Thanks for the tip!
My Portable Devices: Sega Game Gear, PSP 3000, PS Vita, Nvidia Shield Portable, GPD Win, GPD XD+, Bitboy V1, Coolboy RS-97, PAP KIII Plus, LDK Landscape, 1Up-Pix Portable Landscape (RPi 3B+), Anbernic RG-350.

papapito

« Reply #205 on: January 27, 2020, 06:41:08 pm »
Just to chime in.
The pcsx4all version you put up to correct the lack of save states (but reintroducing the 30fps bug) is just the old 13th January build, gameblabla.

Could it be possible to upload to your ftp both builds (I think it would be interesting to pick one of them, depending on the user)?

Best regards and fantastic work!

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #206 on: January 28, 2020, 12:16:45 am »
Just to chime in.
The pcsx4all version you put up to correct the lack of save states (but reintroducing the 30fps bug) is just the old 13th January build, gameblabla.

Could it be possible to upload to your ftp both builds (I think it would be interesting to pick one of them, depending on the user)?

Best regards and fantastic work!
Actually i didn't bring back the 13th january build but the old one from October which had the 30 fps bug as you mentionned.
... I'm not going to upload two broken builds on my FTP so this really needs to be fixed and it pisses me off. I would rather delete it until i can figure out a better fix.

As i said before, it's all introduced by compiler issues and no GCC release can compile it properly without weird annoying glitches.

papapito

« Reply #207 on: January 28, 2020, 06:13:24 pm »
As i said before, it's all introduced by compiler issues and no GCC release can compile it properly without weird annoying glitches.

Isn't it possible to substitute the bad behaving code for some GCC version agnostic alternative?

datadragon

« Reply #208 on: February 10, 2020, 01:57:58 am »
Hi Gameblabla, thank you for working on these projects. I'm testing your SMS PLUS GX (jan 18 2020) build for colecovision at the moment. One bug, In the input remapping [1] wont map to buttons or delete your selection with L2 when actually choosing [1] to map a key to, but if you go to [2] and try to remap it maps your input button choice not to [2] but instead to [1] so there is an error there. When you remap [3] it maps your input button choice to [2] so it appears to be off by one. Perhaps the default should be X for [1] and Y for [2]. It also should mention the L2 to remove.

2) When I exit out of the mapping, or enter the menu, it is showing whatever screen in the background behind the text. Maybe it should instead be black background.

Before I try, are the keys mappable to a usb controller or usb keyboard attached (using a usb c to a adaptor)? I just tested a wireless Logitech K360 keyboard works on the RG350 but it did not work unfortunately on the playgo (a black version of the pocketgo2). Another wired keyboard, Foldable Bluetooth Keyboard, Jelly Comb Dual Mode Bluetooth & USB Wired also worked. Good to know for other emulators such as computer based, apple, and others that need keyboard.

*EDIT1* It does work for the logitech k360 for key mapping to colecovision, but it shows ... for the key such as if there is no choice put it, but it does work fine in game despite that. Tested frogger using keyboard arrows to play and 1,2,3,4 for [1]-[4] to change the 1/2 player and slow/fast for example. Works good. How about adding save keyboard layout so there can be more than 1 and ability for mapping for the right analog stick.

*EDIT2* The L2 and R2 also map ok in input mapping (for example to [3] and [4]) but also show ... for the key choice such as there is no choice put in (It doesnt show L2 or R2) same as the keyboard issue. The mapping still works.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 09:08:11 pm by datadragon »

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #209 on: February 14, 2020, 03:18:08 am »
Hi Gameblabla, thank you for working on these projects. I'm testing your SMS PLUS GX (jan 18 2020) build for colecovision at the moment. One bug, In the input remapping [1] wont map to buttons or delete your selection with L2 when actually choosing [1] to map a key to, but if you go to [2] and try to remap it maps your input button choice not to [2] but instead to [1] so there is an error there. When you remap [3] it maps your input button choice to [2] so it appears to be off by one. Perhaps the default should be X for [1] and Y for [2]. It also should mention the L2 to remove.
I believe that's an oversight on my part because L2/R2 are not being displayed (except as "...") when mapped to a key among other things.
I will fix this asap.

Also external controllers are not supported but using an external keyboard does work, as opendingux software is designed this way.
I do plan on having controller support with remappable buttons at some point (especially since it will be required for the Retrostone 2) but not for now.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 03:22:44 am by gameblabla »

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #210 on: February 18, 2020, 12:22:30 pm »
Alright so took the time to issue a bunch of fixes.

SMS Plus GX no longer has the issue with Colecovision keypad being offset by 1 and L1/R1/L2/R2 buttons are shown in the GUI.
Hopefully this should fix your Colecovision issues now. It was a stupid mistake and the irony is that i inadvertently fixed this in the RS-90 version before...

Picodrive got updated to the latest changes by iriixxx. It should be a little faster on games like After Burner and i believe he fixed Overdrive 2 on it as well. Still no IPU support for it. Play virtua racing 32X instead of the low res Megadrive version thanks...

Handy got a minor update too as to fix an issue with Zerdocan : the voices are now working properly. The fix comes from libretro's upstream version so thanks to them.

michaelpegaso

« Reply #211 on: February 18, 2020, 02:23:05 pm »
As always, thank you very much for working hard and improving what we already have.

themyst

« Reply #212 on: February 18, 2020, 04:44:54 pm »
Has anyone encountered an issue with PCSX4all where every build runs slowly except one random one?

I have a 11/12/19 build that works flawlessly (at least for the games I play),  yet every other version i've tried chugs along on the RG350. 

Has anyone ever figured out why this happens?  Thanks!

datadragon

« Reply #213 on: February 19, 2020, 10:15:29 pm »
I hope someone will finish the FCEUX emulator. All versions suffer from random stuttering sound after several minutes of gameplay, especially after saving and loads savestates. I really want this to happen. NES is my favorite platform.

Maybe i will tackle Fceux or adapt QuickNES to it.. Dunno.
If you fix FCEUX from a problem with stuttering sound, you are my hero. Otherwise, this emulator is beautiful. Excellent compatibility with games.

The two latest releases in active development are FCEUX-RG350 https://github.com/soarqin/fceux-for-retrogame/releases and a fork that allows right analog to be used instead of the left one and (minor) fixes the button names https://github.com/nobk/fceux-for-retrogame/releases You can use global shortcut POWER button+B to switch analog-to-crossbutton mapping on/off in the first one. If your finding stuttering sound you might want to document it better such as game, how long playing, saved state where and restored state where etc. I mentioned to soarqin mapping of L1 and R1 as in game buttons would be nice, they are currently being used for system functions such as save/restore/screen resize. Unless gameblabla also starts working on it we probably should have that discussion in another thread.

Famicom Disk System games need Disk System Bios (disksys.rom) in here: usr/local/home/.fceux/  Famicom Disk System games can also be zipped one per zip.

To add Game Genie support:
1) put Game Genie rom to usr/local/home/.fceux and rename it to gg.rom  my ROM was originally called  "Game Genie (USA) (Unl).nes"
2) Turn Game Genie on from Main Settings. Now when you start the game the GameGenie ROM will be started first. Enter CODE and press start to play. You can just press start if you dont have a code or turn it off in settings if you dont plan to use it 99% of the time.

Daniel79

« Reply #214 on: Yesterday at 08:31:33 am »
If your finding stuttering sound you might want to document it better such as game, how long playing, saved state where and restored state where etc.
This happens with all games randomly. A few save states and  loading states and you begin to catch these stuttering.

Daniel79

« Reply #215 on: Yesterday at 08:35:41 am »
I tried the soarqin's  version . Same problems.

eltehero

« Reply #216 on: Yesterday at 08:59:04 am »
I tried the soarqin's  version . Same problems.

I dont have an RG350 yet, but have you tried the port of the original GCW Zero FCEUX emulator without any changes?

I too want flawless emulation of NES on RG350 when I get mine.

Daniel79

« Reply #217 on: Yesterday at 09:51:49 am »
I dont have an RG350 yet, but have you tried the port of the original GCW Zero FCEUX emulator without any changes?

Yes, I use it. There is also a stutter of the sound. I tried all versions.

eltehero

« Reply #218 on: Yesterday at 06:01:23 pm »

Yes, I use it. There is also a stutter of the sound. I tried all versions.

Is this sound problem present in the FCEUX emulator on the GCW Zero as well? I had a GCW Zero but never used the FCEUX emulator on it.

Post a new topic