Author Topic: RG-350 Emulators/Game releases by gameblabla  (Read 8561 times)

Jim Goose

Re: RG-350 Emulators/Game releases by gameblabla
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2019, 01:29:18 am »
Any thoughts on DOSBOX?
Handheld Collection:

PocketC.H.I.P.
RG350

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2019, 07:10:52 pm »
Any thoughts on DOSBOX?
It works well enough as it is. I guess we could get better speed with Jbanes's Dosbox fork though, that's something worth trying out.
But i'm waiting for my RG-350 for that.

Btw, the current PCSX4ALL situation is a mess right now. Tony & Soar Qin made their own fork and grabbed some of my changes (but not all of them, they missed my Tenka fix it seems for example) and did weird things like disabling the Right analog being mapped to face buttons when enabling analog mode... I mean, i did that for a reason. (not all old games support the dualanalog or dualshock)

Soar Qin did add cheat support, which is interesting though i'm not sure how the cheat themselves must be formatted but i'm guessing its mostly compatible with the libretro ones. (extension must be .txt)

I'm currently merging back some of their changes back to my fork... I really wanted to wait for senquack to release part5 so i feel like this is going to be a mess, 3 versions of PCSX4ALL to deal with, ha.

michaelpegaso

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2019, 08:54:16 pm »
Thank you for your work and keep us informed.

elea

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2019, 12:32:51 am »
Is mouse support in dosbox via USB-C OTG possible?

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2019, 09:07:56 pm »
In theory its possible. But do we really to expect them to use a real mouse for decent support ?
James was working on mapping the right stick to the mouse. Could make ports like this one more doable but meh.

Btw, Anbernic still has not sent my console. You know what this means ?
No console, you get nothing. I honestly hate the current situation but its true...

michaelpegaso

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2019, 09:26:56 pm »
In theory its possible. But do we really to expect them to use a real mouse for decent support ?
James was working on mapping the right stick to the mouse. Could make ports like this one more doable but meh.

No console, you get nothing. I honestly hate the current situation but its true...

These Chinese make it fatal, I do not understand how the first thing they did was not send a user, users of discord "retro game hands" and dingoonity (developers) Both put them send 10 or 20 units, it would be good free advertising.

iball

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2019, 09:50:03 pm »

These Chinese make it fatal, I do not understand how the first thing they did was not send a user, users of discord "retro game hands" and dingoonity (developers) Both put them send 10 or 20 units, it would be good free advertising.

All they have to do is *ask* the more well-known devs in here if they'd be interested in porting & testing a new handheld *before* announcing it to the world and getting them some of the initial prototypes so that upon launch there's a slew of apps/games/ports/emulators ready for it.
The RG350 folks were smart enough to base their handheld upon the GCW-ZERO chipset and firmware so they kind of had an inkling of what they were doing, they just kind of timed it wrong.
I've still got my GCW0 and will be comparing the RG350 to it as soon as the rg350 arrives.
It's been shipping but tracking shows it went into Chinese customs and hasn't hit the U.S. yet.
Meh, could be worse.  Could be Kuwaiti customs.  God, I hate Kuwaiti customs.  The horror, the horror....

iball

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2019, 09:52:33 pm »

Let me know if they don't send you one and I'll order one for you out of my own pocket.
I've enjoyed your GCW0 ports over the years, so it's the least I can do if Anbernic is behind the curve on it.

_-Caleb-_

• Profile in GP32Spain
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2019, 10:12:27 pm »

Let me know if they don't send you one and I'll order one for you out of my own pocket.
I've enjoyed your GCW0 ports over the years, so it's the least I can do if Anbernic is behind the curve on it.
Same, i can support u @iball with that if that case

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 6 Pro mediante Tapatalk

- Nullum Gratuitum Prandium -
RG350 user

Jim Goose

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2019, 10:32:57 pm »
Any thoughts on DOSBOX?
It works well enough as it is. I guess we could get better speed with Jbanes's Dosbox fork though, that's something worth trying out.
But i'm waiting for my RG-350 for that.

Btw, the current PCSX4ALL situation is a mess right now. Tony & Soar Qin made their own fork and grabbed some of my changes (but not all of them, they missed my Tenka fix it seems for example) and did weird things like disabling the Right analog being mapped to face buttons when enabling analog mode... I mean, i did that for a reason. (not all old games support the dualanalog or dualshock)

Soar Qin did add cheat support, which is interesting though i'm not sure how the cheat themselves must be formatted but i'm guessing its mostly compatible with the libretro ones. (extension must be .txt)

I'm currently merging back some of their changes back to my fork... I really wanted to wait for senquack to release part5 so i feel like this is going to be a mess, 3 versions of PCSX4ALL to deal with, ha.

I tried loading in fallout since I heard the RG350 CPU was similar in performance to a 486DX and it has okay 3D. The sad thing is, I cannot launch it since dos4gw keeps on giving an "illegal" error.
Handheld Collection:

PocketC.H.I.P.
RG350

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2019, 10:36:17 pm »
I tried loading in fallout since I heard the RG350 CPU was similar in performance to a 486DX and it has okay 3D. The sad thing is, I cannot launch it since dos4gw keeps on giving an "illegal" error.
"RG350 CPU was similar in performance to a 486DX" in no way does this translate to emulation, especially since Fallout relies on a lot of self modifying code, which forces Dosbox to revert to the interpreter, making it very slow.
It was a shit show even on the OpenPandora 1Ghz and i doubt it will be much better here, even with jbanes's newer branch.
I'm surprised about the illegal error issue though, not sure what's going on.

Jim Goose

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2019, 10:55:29 pm »
"RG350 CPU was similar in performance to a 486DX" in no way does this translate to emulation, especially since Fallout relies on a lot of self modifying code, which forces Dosbox to revert to the interpreter, making it very slow.
It was a shit show even on the OpenPandora 1Ghz and i doubt it will be much better here, even with jbanes's newer branch.
I'm surprised about the illegal error issue though, not sure what's going on.

Yeah. I at least thought I could boot it. Even if it goes at about a few frames a second.
Handheld Collection:

PocketC.H.I.P.
RG350

_-Caleb-_

• Profile in GP32Spain
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2019, 11:02:49 pm »
And using dos32a?

http://dos32a.narechk.net/index_en.html

RG350 user

elea

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2019, 11:28:22 pm »

Supposedly yours is being shipped this week.

Jim Goose

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2019, 04:08:11 am »
And using dos32a?

I use that to launch fallout instead?
Handheld Collection:

PocketC.H.I.P.
RG350

_-Caleb-_

• Profile in GP32Spain
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2019, 08:44:20 am »
And using dos32a?

Dos32a is a replacement for 4gw, faster, smallest and gnu

Put the exe in the folder and ejecute dos32a game.exe

RG350 user

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2019, 07:31:53 pm »
I added a port of my SMS Plus GX fork for the RG-350/GCW0, my Master system/Game Gear/SG-1000/Colecovision emulator.
Again, i have no idea if this works on real hardware although it should.
The left analog stick is mapped to the Dpad, right analog stick is mapped to nothing. (though i'm thinking of mapping them to the Colecovision numpad, at least some keys)

Quote from: elea
Supposedly yours is being shipped this week.
I did ask Tony for one but i haven't told anyone aside from a few people on discord, how would you know that ? ? ?
(I'm not sure when he will send me one but i asked for it yesterday)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 07:36:38 pm by gameblabla »

_-Caleb-_

• Profile in GP32Spain
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2019, 07:34:07 pm »
My rg arrives the next week i can try if u need

RG350 user

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2019, 12:42:15 am »

James told me that SMS Plus GX does not display properly...  Great.
For the recall, it uses the IPU for scaling up to the screen. However, it seems that it is not working properly...
EDIT: I think it might be an issue on my end, lemme take care of it.

On the good side of things, Tony did send me an RG-350 so i should get it by next week.

Jim Goose

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2019, 04:27:19 am »
And using dos32a?

Dos32a is a replacement for 4gw, faster, smallest and gnu

Put the exe in the folder and ejecute dos32a game.exe

So I make a bat that executes them both?
Handheld Collection:

PocketC.H.I.P.
RG350

Post a new topic