• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Remove SD Card Firmware Update vs OPK Update  (Read 1650 times)

RowleyBirkinQC (OP)

Remove SD Card Firmware Update vs OPK Update
« on: November 07, 2019, 11:21:22 am »
Hi All,

Eagerly awaiting the arrival of my RG350, I was thinking to look at setting up an SD card to swap out for the included internal one but then spotted that it was possible to update re OPK via the external SD.

If I do this am I at any disadvantage when compared to the remove SD and write image method? Is there any reason for me to remove the SD if I can just update with OPK?

Also, I currently have RG 350 Base 1.5 firmware downloaded at the moment, is this the most up to date firmware to be using?

New to the RG350 so I'm getting my feet re optimal file types / update methods / firmware etc.

Thanks for any advice

ace9094

Re: Remove SD Card Firmware Update vs OPK Update
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 05:36:55 pm »
As far as I am aware CFW 1.5 is only available via SD card clean install and not via OPK.... I think CFW 1.3 to 1.4 upgrade also had an OPK release...

Problem is Jutley the CFW creator is no longer moderating this forum or releasing updates, he would of been the man to ask... You can try his website or try commenting on his Youtube channe... If yo are lucky he will reply.

Google RG350 Jutley Wix or search youtube for Palwinder Jutley  GOOD LUCK !!

Lets hope someone who knows about creating CFW's steps in or the RG350 may go the same way as the GCW Zero which would be a crying shame as it is a great bit of kit, so was the GCW Zero.
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

joncfc

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 08:58:10 pm »
As far as I am aware CFW 1.5 is only available via SD card clean install and not via OPK.... I think CFW 1.3 to 1.4 upgrade also had an OPK release...

Problem is Jutley the CFW creator is no longer moderating this forum or releasing updates, he would of been the man to ask... You can try his website or try commenting on his Youtube channe... If yo are lucky he will reply.

Google RG350 Jutley Wix or search youtube for Palwinder Jutley  GOOD LUCK !!

Lets hope someone who knows about creating CFW's steps in or the RG350 may go the same way as the GCW Zero which would be a crying shame as it is a great bit of kit, so was the GCW Zero.

I upgraded to 1.5 via the OPK..at least I think I did.  Other than saying it has a build date of 27 Oct I cannot find where it says what version I'm running.  As for the Jutley guy, He still posts on discord. He released a skin/theme last week. 

ace9094

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 10:03:39 pm »
I upgraded to 1.5 via the OPK..at least I think I did.  Other than saying it has a build date of 27 Oct I cannot find where it says what version I'm running.  As for the Jutley guy, He still posts on discord. He released a skin/theme last week.

Must be, my OPK update was about the 18th Oct :) Happy days... Backing up my data now before upgrading the firmware to 1.5
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

Post a new topic
Post a new topic