Author Topic: PSX Games - UPDATED  (Read 1529 times)

ace9094 (OP)

PSX Games - UPDATED
« on: October 14, 2019, 01:31:33 pm »
Hey folks,

Has anyone got Metal Gear Solid Running at 60FPS ? The best I can get is 29FPS which is unplayable for me.

The main issue I have is many games will not run, they just go to the blue Memeory Card or Insert CD sceens ?

Has anyone got Metal Gear Solid running? I have seen lots of videos of people playing PSX games at a solid 60FPS but every title i try either wont play them or  plays them slow. I have tried messing with settings etc but no luck....

Any Ideas?

EDIT - Youtuber Taki Udon has tested Metal Gear Solid and the VR Missions for me on the Stock Firmware... Here is what he had to say:

"I just tested VR missions and MGS on the first level with the new emulator and had a full 60/60 with ~70% CPU usage, so there must be something wrong with the CFW, rom, or your unit."

Check out his videos:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzRXx534qHE" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzRXx534qHE</a>

I have tried the US Verison of Metal Gear Solid.... ans also a PBP merged version of the game... Both wit the same results. I am so hoping this is not a faulty unit... and in the nicest possible way an issue with the ROM, Emulator or the CFW.

Thanks everyone... If anyone else has CFW and upgraded emulator then please test and let me know as I am sure other will be   

"
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 07:16:36 pm by ace9094 »
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

exorio

Re: PSX Games
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 02:33:37 pm »
I haven't got my hands on this device yet

but on LDK's PCSX4ALL there's this "swap cd" option

and since the OS and software is pretty similar probably there should be options for frameskipping and overclocking.

That's how I manage to get handsful of PSX games running smooth as butter on my LDK

ace9094 (OP)

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 02:55:00 pm »
I haven't got my hands on this device yet

but on LDK's PCSX4ALL there's this "swap cd" option

and since the OS and software is pretty similar probably there should be options for frameskipping and overclocking.

That's how I manage to get handsful of PSX games running smooth as butter on my LDK

I tried all of those.... best I get is 31 frames per second... I am starting to wonder if it the 200GB SanDisk Micro SD

Funny thing is even the Playstaion Boot Logo runs slow.... Its weird... I might swap the 200Gb back to the stock 16GB and see if it still happens

The main reason I got this was for PSX games :) When I seen MGS running at 60 Frames  :o

Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

gameblabla

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2019, 04:17:56 pm »
The main reason I got this was for PSX games :) When I seen MGS running at 60 Frames  :o
They are either fake or full on frameskip... Either way its bullshit because MGS is very hard to run.

Senquack is *finally* going to finish up his part5 and his commits which will greatly improve the speed and compatibility of games so once he releases his RG-350 version, i'll whip up a build for JZ4760 devices.

There is no other way to "improve" the speed of it without breaking lightning or shadows, unless you overclock to insane levels.

ace9094 (OP)

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2019, 05:51:37 pm »
Every single title runs poor for me... Taki Udon has Crash Bandicoot running at 60FPS with all default values... When I try it is 30FPS...

I fitted a 200GB running the CFW card... I am gonna take it out and try the stock card and FW again.

I appreciate any input from everyone... Thanks for taking the time to reply.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 07:21:27 pm by ace9094 »

ace9094 (OP)

Re: PSX Games - UPDATED
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2019, 07:22:51 pm »
They are either fake or full on frameskip... Either way its bullshit because MGS is very hard to run.

Taki Udon has tested MGS with Stock Firmware and Stock PSX Emulator Settings and has it running at 60FPS for both Metal Gear Solid and VR Missions... It may be my PSX roms or SD Card - I am going to switch the SD card back to the 16GB one and also try other versions of MGS...

Hopefully he will make a video comparing the CFW and Stock FW

Tron2k

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2019, 04:11:40 am »
Every single title runs poor for me... Taki Udon has Crash Bandicoot running at 60FPS with all default values... When I try it is 30FPS...

I fitted a 200GB running the CFW card... I am gonna take it out and try the stock card and FW again.

I appreciate any input from everyone... Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I read one of your comments in another thread that you installed something like a 200gb sd to your device, what speed does that allow for reading compared to a smaller sd card? Let me know how it workd out when you swap it out?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 04:17:29 am by Tron2k »

LauweLoempia

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2019, 08:22:25 am »
Did you try changing to an official BIOS? I remember this made a huge difference on the RS-97...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 10:26:51 am by LauweLoempia »

fosamax

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2019, 09:26:17 am »
yeah definitely looks like a bios issue.

ace9094 (OP)

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2019, 10:55:57 am »
I read one of your comments in another thread that you installed something like a 200gb sd to your device, what speed does that allow for reading compared to a smaller sd card? Let me know how it workd out when you swap it out?

I am still testing stuff out, but I swapped to the Stock SD Card and every game I tested so far runs at 60FPS... Some games crash and dont boot past the intro, for example SmackDown 2 and Die Trilogy... Others boot and crash if you die fail the mission and press restart like Driver.... However If you are smart and use the emulators Save Feature every mission you can bypass that issue.

I have extracted the OPK and will add it to the CFW along with Gameblabla's version on my 200GB sd... At this point I am heading towards the SD card as the issue. While it is an official SD card It may not like the fact its an XC.

Write speed is 100MB 

ace9094 (OP)

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2019, 10:57:20 am »
Did you try changing to an official BIOS? I remember this made a huge difference on the RS-97...

I will give it a go :) Can you have multiple BIOS files with different names? or will I need to put it in another location and browse for it ? 

AndreaSpooky

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2019, 11:28:22 am »
Is it me or psx games run more slowly after 1.4 update?

ace9094 (OP)

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2019, 12:08:01 pm »
OK folks, this is REALLY bizarre....

I have copied the  .PCSX4LL folder using Dingux Commander to the external Mirco SD card.... I put the 200GB Micro SD Card back in and over written the PCS4ALL....

Metal Gear is running at 60FPS on the 200GB card with Gameblabla's Duelshock and Duel Analog version :)

I have not tested any other games yet but if anyone want the entire .PCSX4ALL folder including the saves then let me know.

Here is a copy of the config file.... (means nothing to me but maybe someone else knows what happened)

CONFIG_VERSION 0
Xa 0
Mdec 0
PsxAuto 1
Cdda 0
HLE 0
SlowBoot 0
RCntFix 0
VSyncWA 0
Cpu 0
PsxType 0
SpuIrq 0
SyncAudio 0
SpuUpdateFreq 2
ForcedXAUpdates 1
ShowFps 0
FrameLimit 1
FrameSkip 0
SpuUseInterpolation 0
SpuUseReverb 0
SpuVolume 1024
CycleMultiplier 200
interlace 0
pixel_skip 1
lighting 1
fast_lighting 1
blending 1
dithering 0
LastDir /media/data/local/share
BiosDir /media/data/local/home/.pcsx4all/bios
Bios scph1001.bin

ace9094 (OP)

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2019, 12:32:15 pm »
Is it me or psx games run more slowly after 1.4 update?
I started on 1.4....

gameblabla

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2019, 01:25:21 pm »
Oh you were talking about the RG-350 not PCSX4ALL on the RG-300, lol, i'm so dumb... (the video just loaded me rn)

Yes, the stock version of PCSX4ALL is much slower and i believe the newer firmware releases also fixed the performance issue by forcing the CPU governor to performance.
So if you haven't upgraded to my PCSX4ALL build and the firmware then you guys should do so. (there's an OPK out there for upgrading the firmware)

I believe the only game that is The legacy of Kain : that was running into almost the single digits on the RS-97.
Also make sure you are actually not using interpreter mode and turn on fast lightning.

Reds

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2019, 10:50:57 am »
Oh you were talking about the RG-350 not PCSX4ALL on the RG-300, lol, i'm so dumb... (the video just loaded me rn)

Yes, the stock version of PCSX4ALL is much slower and i believe the newer firmware releases also fixed the performance issue by forcing the CPU governor to performance.
So if you haven't upgraded to my PCSX4ALL build and the firmware then you guys should do so. (there's an OPK out there for upgrading the firmware)

I believe the only game that is The legacy of Kain : that was running into almost the single digits on the RS-97.
Also make sure you are actually not using interpreter mode and turn on fast lightning.

For the most part the emulator is excellent, but I've encountered a very odd problem in the latest version that didn't exist on Senor Quack's last official GCW release, which is that certain games like Gungage and Megaman Legends 1 and 2 seem to completely ignore their own internal 30fps cap and run at double speed/60fps. I haven't seen any other games so far that suffer from this odd behaviour. Do you have any idea of what might have caused this?

Also, do you intend to reintroduce the pixel skip option in any of your releases? I don't see any advantage to removing it as an option.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 01:37:00 pm by Reds »

ace9094 (OP)

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2019, 07:19:45 pm »
Certain games like Gungage and Megaman Legends 1 and 2 seem to completely ignore their own internal 30fps cap and run at double speed/60fps.

I was getting my games running at 30FPS and not 60FPS -  Which is opposite.. I "think" but dont know for sure I may know what caused them run slowly on my games.... Maybe you can try this for Megaman and Gungage try patching the games with a PPF region patch.

I used a ROMs I had which I patched previously... Maybe this will help... Again not sure but maybe worth a shot ?

If you try it, please post back the results

ace9094 (OP)

Re: PSX Games - UPDATED AGAIN
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2019, 06:51:26 pm »
Struggling to get some titles to boot.

I have tried Medal of Honour but it boots to the "Insert CD" screen

There are a few titles that do this, could this be because I am using a PBPs not BIN, ISO or IMG files ? 

EDIT AGAIN: -

I have been extracting PBP files to IMG files using Popstation, I also acquired a BIN file for Tony Hawks Pro Skater.
The BIN file for THPS works perfect, Popstation cannot extract some PBP files to IMG,

I think these maybe encrypted PBP files sourced using PKGJ for PS Vita or something similar which would mean they are encrypted. Now this is SPECULATION but it does make sense.

Extracted PBP files do not work :( I will test a few more things

I have new ROMS for may of the titles that failed to run in PBP format. All of the BIN / ISO / IMG files have worked so far...

I will convert them all to PBP and see if they still run... I have also tried RC Helicopter with Gameblabla's "duel analogue"
update... It works PERFECTLY !!!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 10:24:40 pm by ace9094 »