Author Topic: Progress on getting the HDMI-out port working?  (Read 1822 times)

ifisch (OP)

Progress on getting the HDMI-out port working?
« on: October 27, 2019, 09:55:28 pm »
I've been told the hdmi port should work, from a hardware perspective. Apparently the firmware simply doesn't support it yet. I was wondering if anyone's working on this.

iball

Re: Progress on getting the HDMI-out port working?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 01:44:31 am »
They never got it to work on the GCW-Zero and that was released in 2013 so I'm not expecting any miracles for the RG-350 since it's based upon the same chipset and firmware.

exorio

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2019, 06:44:49 am »
In that case, the next iteration should remove the HDMI then.

That's a waste of space. I mean if it's working RG350 is definitely better than switch, in terms of docking and getting it portable, specifically for retro games that is.

_-Caleb-_

• Profile in GP32Spain
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 07:34:50 am »
Hi.

I have a question, about the audio video exit (in the Jack conector) it works?

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 6 Pro mediante Tapatalk

- Nullum Gratuitum Prandium -
RG350 user

Surkow

• * Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 12:35:46 pm »
They never got it to work on the GCW-Zero and that was released in 2013 so I'm not expecting any miracles for the RG-350 since it's based upon the same chipset and firmware.
That's not entirely accurate.

gameblabla

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2019, 12:43:37 pm »
So is that the HDMI code from the Neo Geo X thing senquack was talking about ?
Other than some scaling issues (which could be fixed easily), looks like it works fine.

Do you know where's the old HDMI out branch ? It seems that they still haven't worked on it upstream.

Surkow

• * Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2019, 01:16:19 pm »
So is that the HDMI code from the Neo Geo X thing senquack was talking about ?
Other than some scaling issues (which could be fixed easily), looks like it works fine.

Do you know where's the old HDMI out branch ? It seems that they still haven't worked on it upstream.
No, it is completely unrelated. HDMI out was a necessity for the PAX Prime booth in 2013. It's not guaranteed to work (not compatible with certain displays) and I am not aware of a public release.

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2019, 08:22:30 pm »
Back then it was just a proof-of-concept that could have never made it upstream. That was before the DRM/KMS era.