Author Topic: PCSX4ALL 2.4 for RG350 Disable Rumble  (Read 3205 times)

Dr_Bunsen (OP)

PCSX4ALL 2.4 for RG350 Disable Rumble
« on: November 21, 2019, 04:45:49 pm »
In Colin McRae Rally the rumble is on constantly and it's pretty annoying, so I tried to disable it, however I don't understand the settings in the PCSX4ALL menu.
Here's what I found:
Dualshock / A enables analog and rumble together
Dualshock disables analog but not rumble
Dual analog disables all control including D-Pad
Digital clearly is just the D-Pad so also disables analog and rumble

So there isn't an option to have analog without rumble.
My Portable Devices: Sega Game Gear, PSP 3000, PS Vita, Nvidia Shield Portable, GPD Win, GPD XD+, Bitboy V1, Coolboy RS-97, PAP KIII Plus, LDK Landscape, 1Up-Pix Portable Landscape (RPi 3B+), Anbernic RG-350.

Dr_Bunsen (OP)

Re: PCSX4ALL 2.4 for RG350 Disable Rumble
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 09:00:12 pm »
Here's what I found out from discussions in Discord about rumble and analogs. Not all PSX games support analogs, so whether they work or not may be dependent on the game. Similarly I assume rumble control may not be implemented at all in some games, and the results on the actual rumble feature may be odd as a result. Colin McRae rally is a game that doesn't seem to have implemented analogs or rumble, hence dual analog setting doesn't work. Dualshock /A does work, but the rumble is presumably on all the time as there isn't sufficient instruction from the game to control it properly. I have been able to use analog mapped to digital in Colin McRae though, with the joystick setting at digital. This eliminates rumble.

Games like Spyro do implement analog and so all the analog joystick options in PCSX4ALL work ok.
My Portable Devices: Sega Game Gear, PSP 3000, PS Vita, Nvidia Shield Portable, GPD Win, GPD XD+, Bitboy V1, Coolboy RS-97, PAP KIII Plus, LDK Landscape, 1Up-Pix Portable Landscape (RPi 3B+), Anbernic RG-350.

ace9094

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 10:13:15 pm »
When playing Gran Turismo 2 the rumble is constant and quite fierce. To be fair I don't remember what it was like on the original PSX but "I think" the rumble was quite mild unless you went off the track or on the rumble strips :)
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

Dr_Bunsen (OP)

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 04:48:47 pm »
When playing Gran Turismo 2 the rumble is constant and quite fierce. To be fair I don't remember what it was like on the original PSX but "I think" the rumble was quite mild unless you went off the track or on the rumble strips :)

Yeah, I'm not sure rumble is quite right on the RG350. I need to play a few games on my PS classic with dual shock 3 and see what it's like. To be honest I'm finding myself taking steps to avoid rumble in most racing games as it just seems too severe. I had heard that the rumble device can stick if the rumble signal is too low though so I guess it's a compromise.

RowleyBirkinQC

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 03:30:22 pm »
After seeing this post I've been through a few games testing this out and have seen the same behaviour with constant rumble in Gran Turismo 2 and Colin Mcrae 2.

After some research I spotted that the Dual Shock had 2 different rumble motors, one of which was smaller, in order to simulate smaller levels of rumble, do you think this could be what is causing it?

TheReaperUK

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2019, 04:22:46 pm »
It was also always on when playing Alien Resurrection, i tested the PCSX4ALL by Sauce (pcsx4all_sauce_20191022.opk) and that has no rumble at all so i just use that emulator for now and it also supports the cheat text files and dualshock/anolgy controls.

You can get if from here: https://rs97.bitgala.xyz/RG-350/localpack/extra_emulators/
Lots of Handhelds but my favourite is still my GCW Zero and also RG-350, But the RG-300 is 2nd Best.

Postalsk8

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2020, 02:40:04 am »
Hi) I need these opk file (pcsx4all_sauce_20191022.opk), but i can`t find it anywhere... Maybe anybody can send me this file. Will be very appreciated)

stareja

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2020, 04:02:46 am »
Hi) I need these opk file (pcsx4all_sauce_20191022.opk), but i can`t find it anywhere... Maybe anybody can send me this file. Will be very appreciated)

Sent you a PM.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic