Author Topic: Offer to Help  (Read 999 times)

coteyr (OP)

Offer to Help
« on: October 17, 2021, 07:53:06 pm »
I love my RG350M and I want to help. One of the biggest drawbacks I see is that the "official" "firmware" is old. The Adam Image and the new OpenDingux Beta firmware seems much better, but a lot of things need to be recompiled for it.

That is where I can help. I can compile. So if you have that favorite application that just isn't working and you think it just needs a recompile, then let me know. I can give compiling a go.

Do be warned though. The worst part of trying to do this is that information is old, outdated, and everywhere (hard to find).  So I would ask that you supply the GitHub link to any opk you want me to compile. Also, while I am a developer, I don't have a lot of time, so "modify this for the rg350" probably isn't going to happen.

What will happen, if there is enough demand, is that I will probably set up some scripts to download and compile opks, for new versions of the ODBeta and eventually when the beta is no longer beta, build and maintain a repository of actively built (though maybe not maintained) compatible opks.

coteyr (OP)

Re: Offer to Help
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2021, 07:53:31 pm »
Here is a version of Dosbox compiled for OD beta. I had to disable the on-screen keyboard, it was crashing but it does have the other improvements like dynrec core.  I will keep trying to get other improvements working too.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qlS_WSAFk__VCC1jKm9gmamURBNhoxAB/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 05:42:10 pm by coteyr »

coteyr (OP)

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2021, 07:54:00 pm »
Reserved for Links

LauweLoempia

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2021, 10:18:07 pm »
Well, I do have a request: I played OpenLara a lot on my RG350P. However it is not optimised for the resolution of the RG350M as well as OD Beta. It would be awesome to play Tomb raider on a 680x480 resolution!

Sent from my Mi 9 Lite using Tapatalk

cyberbillp

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2021, 01:42:14 am »
If we could find the source for Xmame 1.3 that would be awesome. (Twin Stick Support!). But sadly I don't think it's released.

cyberbillp

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2021, 02:19:29 am »

Post a new topic