Author Topic: Noob flashing.....help rg350  (Read 536 times)

CYCHOTRON (OP)

Noob flashing.....help rg350
« on: March 15, 2020, 11:06:32 pm »
Hi guys im new to this and i have a new internal sdcard i want to flash newest firmware (rogue 1.7.9.7?)
 What file do i use to flash i only see the opk file not image? 
  I have etcher 7zip amd disk genius ready.
Got local pack (assuming its the newest).
 Do i have to format to fat32 on the internal card first? Or is that for external sd?
 Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

DisgorgeX

Re: Noob flashing.....help rg350
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 04:11:03 pm »
Download BalenaEtcher, use that to flash the rogue base to your replacement internal card. Download DiskGenius, open it it and right click on the ext4 part of the card and hit resize partition. Drag the bar all the way to the right so you have your entire card's storage capacity available to you.

https://github.com/Ninoh-FOX/RG350-ROGUE-CFW/releases/download/1.7.9.7/sd_image.bin

That's the base image for the latest rogue. That's what you flash with the etching software.

You're done. It's that simple. Put it in.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 04:13:10 pm by DisgorgeX »

CYCHOTRON (OP)

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 06:48:36 pm »
Ok thanks alot dude!  Stoked to do it after i get home today.

CYCHOTRON (OP)

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 02:21:56 am »
Flash was good!  How and where the heck do i add the opk files?   On the internal or external card?

CYCHOTRON (OP)

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2020, 06:18:07 am »
I managed to get it transfered via pc network connection.  Need to tinker with the emulators.

DisgorgeX

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2020, 05:13:22 am »
Flash was good!  How and where the heck do i add the opk files?   On the internal or external card?

All your OPKs will go in your apps folder internally. It will sort them automatically to the emulator, game, and application tabs. You can FTP file transfer with a cable through the USB C port, or you can just pop out the external SD and put files on it, and use the Dingux Commander file manager to move things from the external to the internal. I mainly do things that way because file transfer is WAY faster from an adapter to microSD vs USB to RG350 via FTP.