• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: New PicoDrive 1.97 for GCW0 / RG350 / GP2X...  (Read 3252 times)

Drumaster (OP)

New PicoDrive 1.97 for GCW0 / RG350 / GP2X...
« on: November 26, 2020, 10:33:22 am »
Hi guys!

Just would like to let you know that a new PicoDrive 1.97 OPK has been released by the almighty irixxxx with some really nice fixes / additions for GCW0 / RG350 / GP2X / Caanoo (Wiz?) / OpenDingux devices.

Here it is: https://github.com/irixxxx/picodrive/releases/tag/v1.97

Here is the changelog:
- powerpc support for DRC
- 2x mode in SDL video overlay mode for better color resolution
- FM support for Master System (YM2413) (thanks to @hiroshica for supplying)

Some more very interesting fixes:
- Fixed intro sound in Popful Mail (Sega-CD)
- Fixed crash in Silpheed (Sega-CD) and possibly in other Sega-CD games
- Fixed hang in 32X games
- Fixed spotlights in Toughman Contest intro (32X)
- Fixed Decap Attack controls (Genesis)
... and many more fixes!

This version now runs perfectly on my RG350, thanks again irixxxx for such an amazing work. :)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 10:38:07 am by Drumaster »

_-Caleb-_

• Profile in GP32Spain
Re: New PicoDrive 1.97 for GCW0 / RG350 / GP2X...
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 11:38:46 pm »
Hi guys!

Just would like to let you know that a new PicoDrive 1.97 OPK has been released by the almighty irixxxx with some really nice fixes / additions for GCW0 / RG350 / GP2X / Caanoo (Wiz?) / OpenDingux devices.

Here it is: https://github.com/irixxxx/picodrive/releases/tag/v1.97

Here is the changelog:
- powerpc support for DRC
- 2x mode in SDL video overlay mode for better color resolution
- FM support for Master System (YM2413) (thanks to @hiroshica for supplying)

Some more very interesting fixes:
- Fixed intro sound in Popful Mail (Sega-CD)
- Fixed crash in Silpheed (Sega-CD) and possibly in other Sega-CD games
- Fixed hang in 32X games
- Fixed spotlights in Toughman Contest intro (32X)
- Fixed Decap Attack controls (Genesis)
... and many more fixes!

This version now runs perfectly on my RG350, thanks again irixxxx for such an amazing work. :)
Great news. Thanks!!!

PD: also works in wiz

Regards!!

Enviado desde mi dandelion mediante Tapatalk

- Nullum Gratuitum Prandium -
RG350 user

irixxxx

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 08:04:54 am »
New version 1.98 available here: https://github.com/irixxxx/picodrive/releases/tag/v1.98

Changes:
    CHD support for CD images
    mp3 playback support via minimp3
    big endian host platform support
    sound low pass filtering for more realistic sound (original HW has analog low pass filter)
    menu revision
    improvements for 8bit fast rendererer (mainly better PAL support)
    basic support for legacy dingux (somewhat limited) and retrofw devices
    experimental support for PSP (incomplete)
    a load of bug fixes and minor improvements (also most probably new bugs ;-))

LvL99Bard

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2021, 12:48:00 pm »
Think ive found a bug with version 1.98. Im using an RG350m. If you change display options, save the configuration then exit game and try to open the game again the screen will be blank. Ive tried both gcw0 and Opendingux opk versions, same thing happens. Maybe im doing something wrong, i dunno?

RetroVibe

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2021, 08:51:19 pm »
Think ive found a bug with version 1.98. Im using an RG350m. If you change display options, save the configuration then exit game and try to open the game again the screen will be blank. Ive tried both gcw0 and Opendingux opk versions, same thing happens. Maybe im doing something wrong, i dunno?

Try to delete the config file inside ".picodrive" directory. Then install a previous version of PicoDrive and run it. Open the menu and save the global config again. This will return video mode to SDL. You should be able to come back to 1.98 again.

goldmojo

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2021, 09:35:30 am »
New version 1.98 available here: https://github.com/irixxxx/picodrive/releases/tag/v1.98

Thank you for this new release, I will test it straight forward ;)

LvL99Bard

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2021, 12:56:04 pm »

Try to delete the config file inside ".picodrive" directory. Then install a previous version of PicoDrive and run it. Open the menu and save the global config again. This will return video mode to SDL. You should be able to come back to 1.98 again.

Thats what ive been doing. The only way to get the display to show again after saving global configuration is to delete the config file from the .picodrive folder. However, when you change display option and try to save configuration again, same problem happens with a complete loss of display. Its obviously not working properly, so thats a bug, right?

irixxxx

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2021, 05:01:44 pm »

Thats what ive been doing. The only way to get the display to show again after saving global configuration is to delete the config file from the .picodrive folder. However, when you change display option and try to save configuration again, same problem happens with a complete loss of display. Its obviously not working properly, so thats a bug, right?

It's interesting enough that you can select "Video Overlay" at all. It shouldn't be there, and it isn't if I rebuild the whole thing from the v1.98 tag. Yet, it is there in the 1.98 release version which I've build the same way. Somehow, there must have been leftovers from my debug tree in there. Seems like I have to review the release process to prevent such thing from happening.

I'll do some more checking, then re-upload the relase files. Sorry for that.

irixxxx

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2021, 07:20:11 pm »
I'll do some more checking, then re-upload the relase files. Sorry for that.

New files are in place. Please check again with those.

LvL99Bard

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2021, 06:44:52 pm »
Thanks for your work!

Post a new topic
Post a new topic