Author Topic: Icons, App Names and OPK's Question  (Read 935 times)

ace9094 (OP)

Icons, App Names and OPK's Question
« on: October 24, 2019, 10:18:47 pm »
Hey all,

Few questions, sorry if this has been covered.

1) Is there any "easy" way to rename emulators, games and apps?

2) Can we change the default icons?

3) Can we move the default "Section" of a emulators, games and apps and move them about?

I know you can "Create and Delete" sections, but I would like to set up sections like Handheld, Consoles, Arcade, Computers, Homebrew, Applications, Tools, Media etc....

I tried to extract an OPK then edit the "Desktop file" then zip it and rename the extension back to OPK, but they do not launch (It was a longshot I know)  ;D

Thanks
ace
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

npaladin2000

Re: Icons, App Names and OPK's Question
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 04:33:54 am »
OPKs are not ZIP files, they're SquashFS files. You need to recompress them in that format for them to work on the device.
Join the RetroGameHandhelds Discord: https://discord.gg/p4uRmCd

Partitipate in the RetroGameHandhelds GitHub, Wikis and FAQs: https://github.com/retrogamehandheld

ace9094 (OP)

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 11:31:26 pm »
OPKs are not ZIP files, they're SquashFS files. You need to recompress them in that format for them to work on the device.

Ok Great, ill try that... Any recommended tools for Windows 10 ?

Thanks
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

ace9094 (OP)

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 01:26:53 am »

OK,

I managed to unpack using "UnsquashFS.exe" by dragging and dropping the OPK... It created a "SquashFS -Root" folder with the files in...  Any idea how to repack the files using SquashFS.exe? I tried drag n drop the files, the folder etc on to SquashFS.exe but no joy  :(

coldmethod

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2019, 02:15:55 am »
Any idea how to repack the files using SquashFS.exe? I tried drag n drop the files, the folder etc on to SquashFS.exe but no joy  :(

I haven't tried myself as yet, but maybe have a look here.

ace9094 (OP)

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2019, 06:49:43 pm »
Any idea how to repack the files using SquashFS.exe? I tried drag n drop the files, the folder etc on to SquashFS.exe but no joy  :(

I haven't tried myself as yet, but maybe have a look here.

That is perfect !!! An app I can understand that does exactly what I need... I will test it out and update the thread.

EDIT: This should enable the use of different versions of same emulator, anyone know if there a simple way to change the application folder name ? For example .PCSX4all to .PCSXRumble etc ?

I have managed to change an Icon and Emulator name...
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 09:40:44 pm by ace9094 »

ace9094 (OP)

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2019, 08:31:33 pm »
So far each app I edit with new icons and title fails to boot :(

I will keep trying, hopefully I will get it to work :)

wr24

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2019, 12:11:08 am »
You can use the 7-zip program to unpack the OPK file, but then you have to pack it with a dedicated program. I use OpenPackageCreator. Enjoy!

ace9094 (OP)

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2019, 02:42:59 am »
You can use the 7-zip program to unpack the OPK file, but then you have to pack it with a dedicated program. I use OpenPackageCreator. Enjoy!

I do use Open Package Creator to re-pack the emulators, however if I change the Icon or Rename the app / Emulator the OPK fails to boot.

Could you post a small guide with screenshots showing the settings you use?

Thanks
ace

wr24

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2019, 01:09:45 pm »
You have fails to root, because you must have icon with 32x32 resolution. If you dont edit deskop file in OPK package, icon must have the same name like old icon and 32x32 resolution. In OPK package sometimes are more than one deskop files and more than one icon files so i make tutorial for you:

1. Unpack OPK package with 7-zip program - its simple, this program recognizes squash package format - right click on OPK package ----> 7-zip -----> unpack to directory.
2. Edit package files, here you have to edit deskop file (one or more) and icon file (one or more).
2. Open Package Creator click "open" button and select path folder with all files needed to create package.
3. If you have folder to set, will appear to you window, pls set "use existing as is".
5. Run "pack" button and select directory of created new OPK file and enjoy!

ace9094 (OP)

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2019, 04:42:51 pm »
You have fails to root, because you must have icon with 32x32 resolution. If you dont edit deskop file in OPK package, icon must have the same name like old icon and 32x32 resolution. In OPK package sometimes are more than one deskop files and more than one icon files so i make tutorial for you:

1. Unpack OPK package with 7-zip program - its simple, this program recognizes squash package format - right click on OPK package ----> 7-zip -----> unpack to directory.
2. Edit package files, here you have to edit deskop file (one or more) and icon file (one or more).
2. Open Package Creator click "open" button and select path folder with all files needed to create package.
3. If you have folder to set, will appear to you window, pls set "use existing as is".
5. Run "pack" button and select directory of created new OPK file and enjoy!

AWESOME - This guide works perfectly  ;) Thank you !! All I need to do now is lean how to make skins - I tried editing some but they look wierd  :o