Author Topic: How to run GP2X/Caanoo/Dingoo executables  (Read 756 times)

MaddieLurker (OP)

How to run GP2X/Caanoo/Dingoo executables
« on: March 09, 2020, 01:31:51 pm »
Hello, I'm trying to run PiggyTracker on my RG350. I moved the .dge/.gpe files from the website to the /apps folder but nothing shows up. Is this even possible to do?
The Rogue CFW github page makes mention of .dge files
Gmenu2x can now link .opk and .dge files.
but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Does this mean I have to install the Rogue firmware to be able to run these files?

Any suggestions? I bought this device specifically for music-making on the go. Should have probably done more research :'(

datadragon

Re: How to run GP2X/Caanoo/Dingoo executables
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 06:39:00 pm »
I was able to run it three ways besides rogue after downloding Piggy Tracker for dingoo which contains a DGE file. 
1) Download the latest dingux commander for rg350 and put on RG350 https://github.com/glebm/rs97-commander/releases  Put the dge on the RG350 such as /media/data/local.  Browse to it with commander, press A then execute.

2) Download esoteric https://github.com/podulator/esoteric you can run esoteric without permanant install if you wish (on demand) if you run stock firmware. In esoteric you can hit select then add link to add a link to the dge file you put on your Rg350 such as putting the dge in /media/data/local.

3)  You could also use open package creator to make a opk, all you need is the dge file and a 32x32 icon of any kind to display and put both into a separate folder, then package that into a opk file which would allow running with the standard launcher https://boards.dingoonity.org/gcw-releases/open-package-creator-1-1/
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 06:42:45 pm by datadragon »

MaddieLurker (OP)

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2020, 01:20:56 pm »
Thanks datadragon, I managed to run it following your instructions. However, I'm facing some problems with it. The Ghetto build doesn't read my input, while the Stable one does but I'm met with "Failed to initialize audio" when I load any project... So I'm guessing we'll have to wait for an official port of the app.

Has anyone managed to run it perfectly on the RG350?

_-Caleb-_

• Profile in GP32Spain
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 12:46:54 pm »
Thanks datadragon, I managed to run it following your instructions. However, I'm facing some problems with it. The Ghetto build doesn't read my input, while the Stable one does but I'm met with "Failed to initialize audio" when I load any project... So I'm guessing we'll have to wait for an official port of the app.

Has anyone managed to run it perfectly on the RG350?

Hi! Gameblabla was compiled for several consoles... ive asked for lgpt for RG350 in the thread some days ago :-)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 12:49:05 pm by _-Caleb-_ »
- Nullum Gratuitum Prandium -
RG350 user

Post a new topic