Author Topic: How to play sigil.wad and everything doom?  (Read 874 times)

Tron2k (OP)

How to play sigil.wad and everything doom?
« on: November 25, 2019, 01:17:24 pm »
As the title says. I wanna know how to run the sigil.wad John Romero released recently. I am currently running my doom.wads from odamex, and it plays them great.
But I want to play sigil. The sigil readme says to have the original doom. I'm guessing it might have to do with a gzdoom script. I remember I installed zdoom on my gcw0. I can't find an opk for zdoom these days. Honestly I just wanna play sigil.

As a plus if anyone can link opks to play shadow warrior, duke nukem 3D, and Blood I'd appreciate it. Still havent tested heretic 1&2 yet figure they may run on odamex. But really just playing sigil on my RG350 would be the best.

I found zdoom;
https://www.mediafire.com/file/o9g7gxkojnvl56y/zdoom.opk/file
It's great because it will run hexen, still won't play sigil though. Most importantly no dual analog support and won't play music, just sfx.

Need a hero out there to get us a way to play sigil on the go.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 07:53:01 am by Tron2k »

Tron2k (OP)

Re: How to play sigil.wad and everything doom?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 07:55:30 am »
Looking for a hero to make this happen.

Optimus

Re: How to play sigil.wad and everything doom?
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2019, 01:34:44 pm »
I haven't tried it, but first what version of Sigil? One has the music from buckethead and I don't know if this version of Zdoom plays it. The other has the midi version soundtrack from Jimmy.

I am trying to find PrBoom for GCW, I think there was a version. I have Chocolate Doom on the RG350 right now, but if I try (which I will) possibly it will fail because of visplanes limitation (but PrBoom might not have these).

Anyway,. I'll try later.
Also analogue and such, some of these ports are straight copies from GCW without altering the code to support analog.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic