• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Help / Huge Favour from a DEV / anyone who can compile for RG350  (Read 997 times)

ace9094 (OP)

I have been trying to find a way to chnage the Home folder for pcsx4all so I can have various versions, settings and icons for pcsx4all. I have tried time and time again to setup the toolchain on a windows PC with the various options out there, but no joy.

I grabbed the "source code" for pcsx4all and started looking for something that would point to the ".pcsx4all" directory iin the home folder and I think I "might" of found the file needed to change the "Home" Folder for pcsx4all, but I am not sure... I have spent almost 2 trying to recompile the source code on windows 10 but no joy.

If any of you have time could you please compile the edited files in the link below so I can test it on my RG350 and see if the home folder and icon change to Gran Turismo 2 ?

https://mega.nz/#!rd4FQC4Y!x_P0t8ObDwE2lkbQNVl-lMeLLo97WAxUYUNlVXvKGvQ

I have been though all the files in note pad and serached for ".pcsx4all" I only found it appear in port.ccp  and changed it to .gt2retstored

If anyone can compile this for me to test I would be very greatful indeed.

ace
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

fosamax

Re: Help / Huge Favour from a DEV / anyone who can compile for RG350
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 11:17:40 pm »
Did you tried to hex edit the executable in the opk file. I've done that for odamex so that I have 4 different save folders. Otherwise, saves states are messed up between wads. The only thing is that you keep the same number of letters for the save folder. I choose .odamd1, .odamd2, .odatnt and .odaplu and it's working perfectly.

ace9094 (OP)

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 04:04:10 am »
Did you tried to hex edit the executable in the opk file. I've done that for odamex so that I have 4 different save folders. Otherwise, saves states are messed up between wads. The only thing is that you keep the same number of letters for the save folder. I choose .odamd1, .odamd2, .odatnt and .odaplu and it's working perfectly.

Hey fosamax,

Thanks for the reply.... I tried Hex Editor and created new home folders 4 pcsx4all, 2 created the new home folder, the other 2 didn't but still booted games fine...

".pcsx4alq" and ".pcsx4alp" both worked but ".pcsx4al1" and ".pcsx4al2" didn't create the home folders :(

I changed every instance of .pcsx4all I could find :)

Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

fosamax

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 08:55:13 am »
I don't know why it doesn't work with numbers.
I used 7zip to unsquashfs the opk. Then I used Hxd to edit the executable by searching for the save folder. I changed the icon and repacked with open package creator and choose to keep the desktop file as is. Second choice Iirw.
I will probably do the same in order to have different emulators for smd, SMS, GG and 32x.

ace9094 (OP)

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, 04:06:30 pm »
I don't know why it doesn't work with numbers.
I used 7zip to unsquashfs the opk. Then I used Hxd to edit the executable by searching for the save folder. I changed the icon and repacked with open package creator and choose to keep the desktop file as is. Second choice Iirw.
I will probably do the same in order to have different emulators for smd, SMS, GG and 32x.

OK, Well whatever the reason THANK YOU - I have been trying to crack this for over 6 months so you my friend are a LEGEND !!!!!

Now the amount of things I can do is almost limitless... FinalBurn SDL with compatible different skins and ROMSETS 29, 35 & 44... MAME Packs, by brand or sections liike fighters of shooters instead of just a huge list of games... I have 5000+ icons for games that I can use plus some  stuff I made.... You can repack MAME and include the roms to :)

Thanks again, I will share whatever I do (except stuff with roms, I will exclude roms and remake them to share)

fosamax

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2020, 09:38:39 am »
For Mame, you can also make sym link using winscp in order to being able to load ROMs from the ext SD card.

ace9094 (OP)

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2020, 02:53:56 pm »
For Mame, you can also make sym link using winscp in order to being able to load ROMs from the ext SD card.

Wow not sure how to do that... I will google it...

On another note, some of the emulators have suddenly stopped working... 1 min they were fine, then they just stopped booting... its strange... I will have another look later and see if I can figure out what happened

Thanks
again :)

really appreciate it

Post a new topic