Author Topic: FBA key mapping  (Read 527 times)

Dr_Bunsen (OP)

FBA key mapping
« on: November 13, 2019, 04:16:47 pm »
Playing Galaga in FBA in portrait mode, the joystick left and right are reversed. Changing the key config doesn't seem to do anything although L & R are confusingly mapped to Fire 5 and Fire 6. The only way I can get left and right to work properly is to rotate -90 and play the game in Ladscape mode, which is a shame as it doesn't fill the screen. Any idea how to fix left and right, or is key mapping just not working currently?
My Portable Devices: Sega Game Gear, PSP 3000, PS Vita, Nvidia Shield Portable, GPD Win, GPD XD+, Bitboy V1, Coolboy RS-97, PAP KIII Plus, LDK Landscape, 1Up-Pix Portable Landscape (RPi 3B+), Anbernic RG-350.

ace9094

Re: FBA key mapping
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 04:18:05 pm »
Playing Galaga in FBA in portrait mode, the joystick left and right are reversed. Changing the key config doesn't seem to do anything although L & R are confusingly mapped to Fire 5 and Fire 6. The only way I can get left and right to work properly is to rotate -90 and play the game in Ladscape mode, which is a shame as it doesn't fill the screen. Any idea how to fix left and right, or is key mapping just not working currently?

Try changing the config txt file... It can take some trial and error setting this stuff up :) But its worth a shot
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

Dr_Bunsen (OP)

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 04:45:15 pm »
Interesting. I didn't realize FBA creates a config file with the key mapping in it per game. Galaga config KEY_LEFT is 276 and KEY_RIGHT is 275. Will try reversing those.
My Portable Devices: Sega Game Gear, PSP 3000, PS Vita, Nvidia Shield Portable, GPD Win, GPD XD+, Bitboy V1, Coolboy RS-97, PAP KIII Plus, LDK Landscape, 1Up-Pix Portable Landscape (RPi 3B+), Anbernic RG-350.

Dr_Bunsen (OP)

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 05:34:47 pm »
Looks like the config file only affects the D-Pad, as reversing the Left and Right values in the config file did reverse the actual D-Pad operation, but didn't affect the joystick. I don't think we must have access to remapping the joystick controls.

Dr_Bunsen (OP)

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2019, 05:43:23 pm »
Just got a reply back in Discord. Changing rotation to -180 in the settings for Galaga reversed the controls to how they should be  :)

Post a new topic