• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: FBA for RG-350 by nobk r19 split default ROM settings in 2 types  (Read 20548 times)

michaelpegaso

Re: FBA for RG-350 by nobk r19 split default ROM settings in 2 types
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2020, 03:17:17 pm »
Thank you for updating the emulator with new options and improvements. I have a problem with some games like "miss world 98" the inverted image comes out and does not let me rotate the image.

goodfodder

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2020, 07:41:41 pm »
Thanks for the update, unfortunately the controls of Sega games e.g. outrun, afterburner do not work for me in either build (works with the original fba) Any ideas? Non sega games are fine

nobk (OP)

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2020, 12:53:39 am »
Thanks for the update, unfortunately the controls of Sega games e.g. outrun, afterburner do not work for me in either build (works with the original fba) Any ideas? Non sega games are fine
SNES, SEGA_MEGADRIVE, PCENGINE, SEGA_MASTER_SYSTEM drivers not build by this fba emulator, I do not know why, this code fork from upstream, I just made some front end improvement.

Recce

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2020, 02:38:06 am »

Just tested, had the same issue. The Sega Outrun arcade game does not recognise the dpad or left stick movement, although the original fba-rg350-rotation_180-190930.opk seems to work ok.

nobk (OP)

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2020, 02:50:13 am »

Just tested, had the same issue. The Sega Outrun arcade game does not recognise the dpad or left stick movement, although the original fba-rg350-rotation_180-190930.opk seems to work ok.
Do you have the github url for fba-rg350-rotation_180-190930.opk ? I may compare the different of fba drivers .

Recce

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2020, 04:44:30 am »

Do you have the github url for fba-rg350-rotation_180-190930.opk ? I may compare the different of fba drivers .

It came in one of the firmware image files done by Jutleys (I think it's RG-350_BASE_v1.5_231019.img.7z), downloaded from https://rs97.bitgala.xyz/RG-350/Latest%20Firmware/

Not sure which github it belongs to.

SeongGino

• Twitter!
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2020, 05:05:08 am »
Hi! Great release.

Two questions:

1) I understand a lot of the changes you're making are for the frontend, but do you think it could be possible to look into and, perhaps, implementing the saving and loading of NVRAM (cabinet settings)? As of now, Free-Play/difficulty, or Universe BIOS settings need to be re-entered every time one wants to play with the same setup they used previously.

2) I noticed that you still have the FBA Explorer link implemented. Do you think it could be possible to load FBA ROM settings when invoking the emulator from the frontend? As of now, if I was to, say, play 1941, then using the Explorer link would have it be flipped clockwise and use the left-side controls (obviously the wrong default setup); I'd have to use FBA UX to play vertical games in their respective orientation. It could also be useful if I was to, say, want CPS1/2 games to be scaled to fullscreen, but keep Neo-Geo at their native resolution without scaling.

On a side note, I have a modification that would improve the Explorer link by utilizing an Alias file (synced to FBA 0.2.97.42). I'm assuming you'd be fine if I pushed this along to your repo to be used with FBA Explorer?

Thanks!
It's just your average Seong.

Please contribute to the (un)official Dingux repository, to protect the life cycle of our favorite handheld platform! https://github.com/SeongGino/RetroGame350-AppRepo

nobk (OP)

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2020, 11:15:48 am »
Hi! Great release.

Two questions:

1) I understand a lot of the changes you're making are for the frontend, but do you think it could be possible to look into and, perhaps, implementing the saving and loading of NVRAM (cabinet settings)? As of now, Free-Play/difficulty, or Universe BIOS settings need to be re-entered every time one wants to play with the same setup they used previously.

2) I noticed that you still have the FBA Explorer link implemented. Do you think it could be possible to load FBA ROM settings when invoking the emulator from the frontend? As of now, if I was to, say, play 1941, then using the Explorer link would have it be flipped clockwise and use the left-side controls (obviously the wrong default setup); I'd have to use FBA UX to play vertical games in their respective orientation. It could also be useful if I was to, say, want CPS1/2 games to be scaled to fullscreen, but keep Neo-Geo at their native resolution without scaling.

On a side note, I have a modification that would improve the Explorer link by utilizing an Alias file (synced to FBA 0.2.97.42). I'm assuming you'd be fine if I pushed this along to your repo to be used with FBA Explorer?

Thanks!
1. I still not read any code about DIP or cheat code.
2. Currently, I know nothing about FBA Explorer.

If your code no uncertain side effect, code merge  is welcome.
There still some tasks on my TODO list, I may look into above things later.

a330boy

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2020, 05:12:49 pm »
Very good release. BTW, anyway good screenies to populate the .fba/previews folder?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 05:15:36 pm by a330boy »

a330boy

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2020, 07:43:11 pm »
Any chance for an Explorer version of FBA?

SeongGino

• Twitter!
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2020, 09:09:13 pm »

It's already been there.
It's just your average Seong.

Please contribute to the (un)official Dingux repository, to protect the life cycle of our favorite handheld platform! https://github.com/SeongGino/RetroGame350-AppRepo

theblade79

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2020, 12:34:16 pm »
Hello. What is the correct romset for the FBA version 0.2.97.44 ?? is the 0.159?
I tried some roms but it doesn't work (ex Bubble Bobble and Bubble Bobble II)

Tks

chataigne

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2020, 10:17:51 pm »
Hello
Thank you for your fba version.
It works great, even with cps3...
But I have 1 problem: I'm using it in emulationstation and I can't get your version launch a rom from command line. (It gets to fba frontend menu)
It works ok with other fba version (directly launch the rom)
The command line used in emulationstation is this:
"opkrun" "/media/RG-350/emulators/fba.opk" %ROM%

Any idea ?

_cyrAx

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2020, 01:38:25 am »
Hey

Is any update planned to fix the Sega etc... Driver problem?
This will be perfect.

Also I feel espgaluda kinda slowish ~30fps,
when other cave games runs steady 60.

a330boy

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2020, 12:11:33 am »

It's already been there.

Thanks.

a330boy

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2020, 12:11:56 am »
How to remove or hide FBA UX?

goldmojo

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2020, 09:20:38 am »
How to remove or hide FBA UX?
You can edit the opk and delete this file : fba_ux.gcw0.desktop
It will remove the icon but I don't recommend it, you need the user interface to setup most options.

goldmojo

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2020, 09:25:54 am »
Hello SeongGino,

I fixed the bad rotation issue in nobk version here : https://github.com/nobk/fba-sdl/pull/12

Nobk did't take it into account for now but you can get the fixed version in my forked repository here :
https://github.com/goldmojo/fba-sdl/releases/tag/r19_2020-01-29-.44_alias_cmdline_gameconfig

It also integrated your aliases modification ;)

LvL99Bard

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2020, 01:10:21 pm »
With this latest update of FBA you can no longer control driving games like Out Run and CHase HQ with the d-pad and analogue stick. All other buttons work fine.

goodfodder

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2020, 11:11:32 pm »
Pitty Sega arcade games are unplayable due to the lack of controls