Author Topic: Emulation Station - Configured Version - UPDATED AGAIN  (Read 2223 times)

ace9094 (OP)

Emulation Station - Configured Version - UPDATED AGAIN
« on: November 24, 2019, 12:00:44 pm »
Hey All,

I kinda have Emulationstation (configured version) half working. I have reading up on "Universal Scrapper" and trying to figure out how to map the paths etc for the external card. I am trying to get artwork working etc.

So far the only emulators that show up are MS DOS, Atari 2600 and GameBoy...  I have removed and reinstalled several times... Now for the interesting bit...

GameBoy and Atari 2600 - Roms are all listed and work (no covers yet still working on that)

MS-DOS gives me a list of ALL the OPK files and launches from that folder

Anyone got this working yet as it should ?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 11:01:52 pm by ace9094 »
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

Recce

Re: Emulation Station - Configured Version
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 02:20:40 pm »
I have not tried it, but from reading the readme text, it looks like you need to complete all the steps and that include files in BOTH the internal and external folders.

ace9094 (OP)

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 03:43:09 pm »
I have not tried it, but from reading the readme text, it looks like you need to complete all the steps and that include files in BOTH the internal and external folders.

Thanks for replying... I have started again, followed the guide to the letter... I had to delete the .Emulationstation folder, then reboot.

It now boots up and I have control. I cannot see the option for coverart. There is a scrapper in the UI settings but I cant see too well  :o so not sure if its an option to scrape local If anyone is struggling with the settings menu try this as a rough guideline: https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Scraper

I will have a look see if I can edit the config file on my PC

EDIT - I think maybe what I need to change, but not sure what to change it to.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<bool name="BackgroundJoystickInput" value="false" />
<bool name="DrawFramerate" value="false" />
<bool name="EnableSounds" value="true" />
<bool name="QuickSystemSelect" value="true" />
<bool name="ScrapeRatings" value="true" />
<bool name="ShowHelpPrompts" value="true" />
<int name="ScraperResizeHeight" value="0" />
<int name="ScraperResizeWidth" value="400" />

<int name="ScreenSaverTime" value="180000" />
<string name="Scraper" value="TheGamesDB" />
<string name="ScreenSaverBehavior" value="dim" />
<string name="ThemeSet" value="_PixelPerfect (Default)" />
<string name="TransitionStyle" value="fade" />

EDIT

After reading up on the artwork it seems pretty complex... IfI am reading it correct, I need to specify a path for artwork Emulationstation will load all the artwork in to the RAM before it loads (Not good)

I will try shrinking the artwork as much as possible... Maybe just try Wheelart for the game names... I can see it in my head, but dont know how tp create it lol
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 06:12:30 pm by ace9094 »
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

ace9094 (OP)

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 06:50:23 pm »
From what I have been reading,  this is a front end so in theory I "should" be able to map any / all of the OPK's and features.. Is that correct?

With the limitation on artwork due to the need to load in to RAM boot up, this would be ideal for a "Best of" each system with nice artwork etc

ace9094 (OP)

Re: Emulation Station - Configured Version - Universal Scraper UPDATED AGIAN
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2019, 08:26:14 pm »
I am going to "try" and add some more OPK's for a few ports and the missing emulators... Does anyone know which file I need to edit to add them ?

Amyone know how to get artwork running ?

Thanks
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 04:11:03 pm by ace9094 »

Post a new topic
Post a new topic