Author Topic: Dual Analog in mame4all  (Read 568 times)

cool2000m (OP)

Dual Analog in mame4all
« on: December 26, 2019, 08:39:18 am »
Hi all,

I recently got the black and orange rg350 for christmas and I am loving it so far.

Is there any way to bind the right thumbstick in mame4all in Smash TV? Or perhaps bind the right thumbstick to face buttons? Your help is greatly appreciated.

RetroBlast

Re: Dual Analog in mame4all
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2019, 01:58:07 pm »
I don't think MAME4ALL supports the right analog stick yet, but XMAME does.

You need to copy the ROMS to the internal SD in specific places, but once you do (and press Start to refresh the game list) it works great.

I'm playing Smash TV and Robotron as intended, and having a blast.

kapster

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2020, 09:23:27 am »
I wanted to play SmashTV as well. I found the solution in Arcade Part Pak https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcade_Party_Pak for the PSX. I'm 95% sure it's using the original arcade rom or some port that is extremely similar to it. Dual sticks are supported and work great.

RetroBlast

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2020, 07:05:20 pm »
I've played that version as well, but you can still play the original via XMAME - you just have to copy your ROMs to the internal SD card in this directory:

/media/data/local/share/xmame/xmame**/roms  (where "**" is 52, 69, or 84 depending on the version you have). MAME .37b15 is MAME 52, btw.

Then you use the shoulder buttons in Xmame to select the version of MAME ROMs you have installed, press Start to force a refresh, and presto! All the twin-stick MAME goodness you could ask for. ;)