Author Topic: Dosbox to command line on launch!  (Read 321 times)

HercTNT (OP)

Dosbox to command line on launch!
« on: April 05, 2020, 03:20:11 am »
I'm unfamiliar with the opk version of dosbox. Older versions on rg97 and a320 would drop to c: prompt when loading the program. This version for the rg350 has the browser selector. I have turned the browser selector off when editing the icon and it continues to use it anyways. This is a problem as I have windows 3.1 running, but it only runs correctly if you start from command line. If i can get to command line from launch, i can run windows 3.1 and install the jhonny castaway screensaver. This is a silly little project i have been trying to do since the original a320. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HercTNT (OP)

Re: Dosbox to command line on launch!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 10:25:21 pm »
So it turns out if you want to go straight to command prompt you not only have to turn off browser selector, but also delete any data in the browser selector path. This will get you to command prompt once! when exiting dosbox the browser selector path adds "/media" everytime and has to be deleted again to get back to prompt.

I also cannot get any directory mounted as C:\ through dosbox.conf.

I'm really looking for a dosbox enthusiast to help me out here. I finally have windows 3.11 installed but need to mount c: to finish my project.

jccweb

Re: Dosbox to command line on launch!
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 02:09:47 am »
I was able to run Windows 3.1 in my PG2, resolution is a bit low, so it's not easy to read, and mouse is terrible in my analogue stick, but... works!

Create a win.bat file before windows folder:

@echo off
cd windows
win

Call this file through browser selector.
I've created a .bat file list before the games folder, so that I can have it clean and use previews. I couldn't get pass the character limit though, so names aren't pretty.

What I really struggle is keyboard popup. It shows up really small and no button makes it go away in pocketgo 2. Wish there was more interest and support in this system.

Post a new topic