Author Topic: Dosbox - how to mount image, change assignment to d-pad/buttons etc.  (Read 1468 times)

MartiusR (OP)

I'd like to try Battle Isle 2 (GOG version) on my RG-350, however I don't know where is the option to mount image (GOG is "hiding" images in big files with GOG extension, but it's enough to change it on other format and it's working, I've tried it on my GPD XD and Dos emulator). However, I don't know how can I do it in this "mobile" version of dosbox. Also - is there possibility to change keys (keyboard "equivalents) to D-pad and buttons?

Thanks a lot for help in advance!

MartiusR (OP)

Re: Dosbox - how to mount image, change assignment to d-pad/buttons etc.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 10:51:22 pm »
One more thing - I guess that the best option would be to create .bat file which would also mount adequate image.

In DosBoxBi2_singe.conf I've found the part which should be useful:
imgmount d "..\ISLE2\BI2.inst" -t iso -fs iso
(part for main BI2)

imgmount d "..\SCENERY\BI2scen.inst" -t iso -fs iso
(part for add-on)

Now my question is - how should I create .bat file (can be 2 separate for basic game and add-on) to make it "runnable".

I've got this game on SD card (which I've put in the device), in DOS catalogue:

DOS/BI2/ISLE2
DOS/BI2/SCENERY

(there are two standard folders, I've just created DOS/BI2 to have them in one place

I was trying to do it on my own, but I've got either error that image was not found, or "The image must be on a host or local drive".
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 11:05:50 pm by MartiusR »

Jim Goose

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 12:48:22 am »
How would you start games?
Handheld Collection:

PocketC.H.I.P.
RG350

MartiusR (OP)

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 03:37:07 pm »
How would you start games?

It's looking like that:

1.When I'm launching Dosbox, it's initially allowing me to go through folders and choose executable file, which will be launched. Then, automatically, location of this file is "mounted" as c:, and the executable is launched.
2.However, if I'm simply copying installed GOG game, which requires mounted CD image, it's immediately "exiting", therefore I need somehow to mount image.

2.I was trying to create .bat file. Here is the example:

[autoexec]
imgmount d "..\ISLE2\BI2.inst" -t iso -fs iso
c:
@BATTLE2.EXE ENG

or

[autoexec]
imgmount d "..\BI2.inst" -t iso -fs iso
c:
@BATTLE2.EXE ENG

But every time, no matter if I'm trying to mount image by bat file (and launching it), or writing directly in the console, I've got the same result with one of the mentioned errors.

MartiusR (OP)

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 06:40:49 pm »
NVM, with help of GOG' user I've found the solution and was able to hook iso file (turns out that I should use instead of the file suggested by conf file, rather the one with extention .gog (which was just "hidden" cd image), then it worked.

AndreaSpooky

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2019, 10:38:14 am »
I have a question for y'all, if you don't mind:

what is the DosBox menu button?
I clearly remember opening the menu under my LDK's DosBox app... why can't from RG350?

Post a new topic