Author Topic: DOSbox for RG350  (Read 4155 times)

inak (OP)

DOSbox for RG350
« on: November 03, 2019, 08:27:13 am »
In Dosbox, the cursor does not work through the D-pad. Help me please. I use the latest firmware 1.5

MartiusR

Re: DOSbox for RG350
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 08:28:56 pm »
Could someone please share content of the "default" conf file for dosbox on RG350? By some reason mine is completely empty.

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to force dosbox to display some games (e.g. Battle isle 2) entirely, not only 1/3 screen, but I guess that I should first have some "basis" with conf file.

skayme

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 08:28:20 pm »
Could someone please share content of the "default" conf file for dosbox on RG350? By some reason mine is completely empty.

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to force dosbox to display some games (e.g. Battle isle 2) entirely, not only 1/3 screen, but I guess that I should first have some "basis" with conf file.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/frlmwqyzhdf9t58/dosbox-SVN.conf/file

How Can I set the configuration to show the framerate?
GP32 | CAANOO | JXD 602 | KONG FENG GB | GPD XD | GPD XD | PAP KIII | RS-97 | X16 | BITTBOY v3.5 | LDK

MartiusR

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 09:15:24 pm »

https://www.mediafire.com/file/frlmwqyzhdf9t58/dosbox-SVN.conf/file

How Can I set the configuration to show the framerate?

Thank you very much skayme!

(answering on your question - I'm afraid that this feature may not be available in this version of dosbox, in fact even "stationary" dosbox seems to not have this feature by default, but if someone knows better, then please correct me).

By the way  - did someone found out what can be the reason why we can't move the cursor in any way (as initially asked inak) ? I've successfully launched Warlords 2 on my RG350 (thanks to file provided by skayme), but there is no way to move cursor.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 09:37:06 pm by MartiusR »

skayme

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 04:56:57 am »
By the way  - did someone found out what can be the reason why we can't move the cursor in any way (as initially asked inak) ? I've successfully launched Warlords 2 on my RG350 (thanks to file provided by skayme), but there is no way to move cursor.

I have the same problem. i tried Ishtar and never show the cursor.  How can I emulate the mouse?
GP32 | CAANOO | JXD 602 | KONG FENG GB | GPD XD | GPD XD | PAP KIII | RS-97 | X16 | BITTBOY v3.5 | LDK

MartiusR

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2019, 07:43:58 pm »
I've tried my luck on Discord channel, I've received two answers:

a)There is no support of mouse for this version at all
b)Pressing power+b should make that left thumbstick will behave like d-pad, while right thumbstick should be functional as mouse

Sadly, I've tried option b and it didn't work in my case.

I guess that without update there is no way to use mouse. Is anyone by chance knows, who I could contact about update to this version of DosBox?

MartiusR

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2019, 01:26:34 pm »
Good news - with newest firmware* method with power+b indeed works! Just tried it on warlords 2, cursor is moved with right thumbstick, L2 is used as left mouse button.

Three cheers for JamesofFarell from discord, who told me about this method, hip hip hooray!

*I've used the one from this topic:
https://boards.dingoonity.org/retro-game-350rg-350/rg-350-v1-6-upgrade/
(don't worry that link is named with 1.6, there is inside firmware 1.7)

Torakikiii

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2019, 09:46:32 pm »
hello guys,
finally my rg350 arrived and I love it.
So far so good, there's something still missing tho. It is my understanding that there must be a version of dosbox where parameters can be tweaked for speed in games.

If such a menu exists I haven't been able to find it. I'm desperately trying to run my preferred dos game of my childhood, sensible soccer. It's all fine and fast in the menu, but when the real game starts it gets quite slow. I don't believe it's a demanding game... anyway I'd appreciate any bit of info you can share to tweak my dosbox and squeeze out some more fps.

Thanks in advance.

jccweb

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2020, 06:44:11 pm »
Is there any workaround to make games show at 320x240 and not 320x200 and still be pixel perfect? Something like displaying at 640x480 and downscale? Is that possible?

DisgorgeX

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2020, 06:17:56 am »
I cannot for the life of me figure out dosbox, or what files I need to get Daggerfall to work, but if someone has managed to do it, if you could help you would be a legend lol. I play the shit out of Daggerfall via the GoG presetup Dosbox on Windows 10, so this is total greek to me lol.

Post a new topic