Author Topic: Backing up the stock firmware?  (Read 317 times)

exorio (OP)

Backing up the stock firmware?
« on: October 15, 2019, 08:25:46 am »
I can easily back up LDK's using clonezilla, just use use microSD card reader and back up the whole disk, all the partitions are backed up.

But what about RG350, seems that to get to the stock firmware you'll need to open up the device and pull the sdcard from inside?

Also, is there some sort of official firmware download location for RG350, after my first accident with LDK (screwed up the OS), I cannot find any stock firmware anywhere, so I settled with gameblabla's useless firmware on it.

Just as a precaution with similar accident in case I got my hands on this device.

_-Caleb-_

• Profile in GP32Spain
Re: Backing up the stock firmware?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 09:12:53 am »
Hello,

That's a good idea for backup the original firm in case of disaster :-)
- Nullum Gratuitum Prandium -
RG350 user

Nikojiro

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 10:13:13 am »
You just have to open the back plate carefully, pop out the internal SD card and image it with your preferred imaging software. I would indeed recommend to do so before flashing any update, just in case!

ace9094

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2019, 10:59:53 am »
You just have to open the back plate carefully, pop out the internal SD card and image it with your preferred imaging software. I would indeed recommend to do so before flashing any update, just in case!
You could also keep the stock card safe and just replace the entire sd card with a new one :)

See this post before opening it up :) https://boards.dingoonity.org/retro-game-350rg-350/internal-sd-card-upgrade-tips/
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 11:21:12 am by ace9094 »
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

Post a new topic
Post a new topic