Author Topic: All the paths for additional files of games  (Read 4270 times)

Anubys (OP)

All the paths for additional files of games
« on: December 17, 2019, 10:11:39 pm »
I have collected all the file locations you will need for additional files for game ports.
You might need some utilities to make them all like they should look like.

To batch rename files to uppercase or lowercase, use SpaceTornado Renamer:
http://www.spacetornado.com/Renamer/
This utility works only with filenames, so you will have to manually rename the directories.

To convert sound files (like from mid to ogg) use Keppy's MIDI Converter:
https://github.com/KeppySoftware/KMC/releases

Bermuda Syndrome

Copy all gamefiles including the directory structure to
/media/data/local/home/.bermudasyndrome/DATA
To have background music, you will have to convert the midi files from bermudasyndrome\DATA\MIDI\ and copy them back to /media/data/local/home/.bermudasyndrome/MUSIC
Format: OGG vorbis; 96 Kbps; 22050 Hz; Stereo
The filenames as follows:
title.mid -> track01.ogg
flyaway.mid -> track02.ogg
jungle1.mid -> track03.ogg
sadialog.mid -> track04.ogg
caves.mid -> track05.ogg
jungle2.mid -> track06.ogg
darkcave.mid -> track07.ogg
waterdiv.mid -> track08.ogg
merian1.mid -> track09.ogg
telquad.mid -> track10.ogg
gameover.mid -> track11.ogg
complete.mid -> track12.ogg

DevilutionX (Diablo)

copy diabdat.mpq (all lowercase) to
/media/home/.local/share/diasurgical/devilution/

ecwolf (Wolfenstein 3D / Spear of Destiny)

The main directory is /media/data/local/home/.ecwolf
To use Wolfenstein 3D, copy *.wl6 (all lower case) there
To use Spear of Destiny, copy *.sod (all lower case) there
To use Spear of Destiny Mission Pack 2-3, copy *.sd1, *.sd2, *.sd3 (all lower case) there
Notes:
- if you copy files for more games in the directory, you will be able to choose which game to start at the begining of the game
- Spear of Destiny Mission Pack 2-3 will not work if you don't have the files for Spear of Destiny
- the Steam version of both games and the mission packs will work fine.

eDuke (Duke Nukem 3D)

copy duke3d.grp (must be all lowercase) to /media/data/local/home/.eduke32
Notes:
- the base version and the Atomic Edition are both supported, and you can copy user maps (*.map) in that directory too, to use them in game (this feature is for the Atomic Edition only)
- to have the controls fixed, copy the patched cfg file there too. Download it from https://rs97.bitgala.xyz/RG-350/localpack/extra_games/eduke32_config.zip (you will need to unzip it)

Fade to Black

All filenames and directory names must be uppercase
Copy DELPHINE.INI and TRIGO.DAT files and INSTDATA directory from the root directory of the install CD to /media/data/local/home/.fadetoblack
then copy directories named "TEXT" and "VOICE" from the DATA directory of the install CD to /media/data/local/home/.fadetoblack
then copy all files and directories named "DRIVER" and "SOUND" from the DATA directory of the install CD to /media/data/local/home/.fadetoblack/DATA
(The game will be in full version if you hear a narrating voice when you read the first letter in your inventory. If you don't hear it, check out your files again)

Hexen II

copy autoexec.cfg, config.cfg, progs.dat, progs2.dat, pak0.pak and pak1.pak (must be all lower case and don't copy any other files!) from \INSTALL\HEXEN2\data1\ of your CD rom to /media/data/local/home/.hexen2/data1
then from \INSTALL\HEXEN2\Strings\ copy one of the files there too with the name strings.txt
Stringse.txt for Spanish text
Stringsf.txt for French text
Stringsg.txt for English text
Notes:
- I use the original CD version, the files may be in different path in the Steam version of the game
- this game does not support the extra analog stick and the extra buttons of RG350 (hopefully someone would fix that)

OpenJazz (Jazz Jack Rabbit)

Copy all files of the registered version to /media/data/local/home/.openjazz
*.psm files must be lowercase, all other files must be UPPERCASE.
To have Episode X unlocked, do the same with Jazz Jack Rabbit Xmas Edition (you can overwrite existing files).

Quake GLES 1

To use full version the you will need to copy pak0.pak and pak1.pak  from the id1 directory of your Quake game directory to (all lowercase) to /media/data/Quake/id1
To use the addon "Quake Mission Pack 1: Scourge of Armagon", you will need to copy pak0.pak (all lowercase) from the hipnotic directory of your Quake game directory to /media/data/Quake/hipnotic
To use the addon "Quake Mission Pack 2: Dissolution of Eternity", you will need to copy pak0.pak (all lowercase) from the rogue directory of your Quake game directory to /media/data/Quake/rogue
Note:
- this version does not support both analog sticks, so controlls are wierd a bit. I hope someone would fix that soon.

Quake 2 GLES1

copy maps.lst, pak0.pak, pak1.pak, pak2.pak files (all lowercase!) and the directories "video" and "players" from your Quake2\baseq2 directory to /media/data/Quake2/baseq2
To use "Quake II Capture the Flag", you will need to copy pak0.pak from the ctf directory from your Quake2\ctf directory to /media/data/Quake2/ctf
To use "Quake II Mission Pack: Ground Zero" copy pak0.pak file (all lowercase!) and the directory "video" from your Quake2\rogue directory to /media/data/Quake2/rogue
To use "Quake II Mission Pack: The Reckoning" copy pak0.pak file (all lowercase!) and the directory "video" from your Quake2\xatrix directory to /media/data/Quake2/xatrix
Notes:
- This version is hardware rendered, which means it has more gfx effects than the software rendered one, thus it has better graphics
- Capture the Flag is a multiplayer game mode, you will be able to run around empty levels and that's it. There is no way to play it properly.
- this version does not support both analog sticks, so controlls are wierd a bit. I hope someone would fix that soon.

Quake 2 SDL

To use the full version, you will need to
delete config.cfg (if any) from /media/data/local/home/.quake2/baseq2
then copy maps.lst, pak0.pak, pak1.pak, pak2.pak files (all lowercase!) and the directories "video" and "players" from your Quake2\baseq2 directory to /media/data/local/home/.quake2/baseq2
Notes
- this is the only version that supports both analog sticks, but it uses cpu rendering, so the graphics are lower in quality.
- Steam version of the game works well
- Addons will not work with this port

REminiscence (Flashback)

copy the data directory to /media/data/local/home/.REminiscence/data
You can use the music files from the Amiga version for much better music, to do that, read this page:
https://cmikavac.net/2011/09/25/making-sound-files-for-reminiscence-flashback-work/

Rise of the Triad

You have to copy DARKWAR.RTC, DARKWAR.RTL, DARKWAR.WAD and REMOTE1.RTS (the filenames MUST BE uppercase) to /media/data/local/home/.rott/data
Note: only the registered version seems to be supported (I haven't found any evidence of using the huntbgin.wad in the executable for the extra shareware episode)

Shadow Warrior

copy sw.grp (all lowercase) to /media/data/local/home/.jfsw
to use addons, copy the files td.grp, tdcustom.txt, wt.grp, wtcustom.txt (all lowercase) to /media/data/local/home/.jfsw/addons
user maps seems to be supported, but I don't have any of those to test. User maps should go to /media/data/local/home/.jfsw/maps
Notes:
- controls must be reconfigured to work properly, to use both sticks, you will have to adjust the joystick controls.
- I have tested with the grp files from the Steam version (called Shadow Warrior Classic Redux), they works fine.
- to use an addon, choose it from the launcher. The addon will replace the Code of Honour episode (you will still have to choose that one from the episode selection)

That's all folks. If I missed something, let me know, and I will look after it too.
(Choclate doom has now a file selector, so that's why I did not make any effort to check that out)

Wendigo

Re: All the paths for additional files of games
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 08:52:46 am »
Thanks for the list. This should be pinned.  8)

adventureFAN

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2019, 08:28:45 pm »
Thank you! =]

It is possible to add the CD music to quake1?
My Handhelds: PS Vita, PSP (1000), New 3DS, NDS lite, GBA SP, GB Micro,
LCL Pi-Boy 3A+, GPD XD (Old), PowKiddy X18, RG350, PlayGo, GKD350H.

Favorite: Odroid Go Advance

Anubys (OP)

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2019, 11:49:54 pm »
Will try to find it. I have seen evidence of the engine reference to ogg vorbis files, but haven't found any reference to trackXX.ogg in the executable. Probably will check the source code and see what I will find. Using the same method you have to do with the Steam version -copying the ripped music as track02.ogg, etc in the id1/music directory- will not work for sure (I have tested it).

LauweLoempia

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2020, 11:44:52 pm »
I was wondering how I could play Decent I and II on the RG350. I've seen vid's on YouTube showing this off and I think it would be ideal for a 2 stick system like this. ..

ace9094

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2020, 12:24:12 am »
Nice post, very useful... Thanks for taking the time to write it :)
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

LauweLoempia

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2020, 12:36:49 am »
Yes, a very helpful post indeed. Bookmarked for future reference (maybe suitable sticky?)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Anubys (OP)

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2020, 09:46:56 am »
I am out of townn right now, but will be home from Monday, I will check the new ports (Descent, etc) as soon as I get back and update the first post.

Vilkata

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2020, 08:47:53 pm »
Descent: Move files

descent.hog
descent.pig

into /.d1x-rebirth/

Descent 2:  Move files

descent2.ham
descent2.hog
descent2.s11
descent2.s22
alien1.pig
alien2.pig
fire.pig
ice.pig
water.pig
groupa.pig
(these may need to be extracted from descent2.sow depending on your version)

into /.d2x-rebirth/

You can also add optional video files, but you'll have to take the low quality versions and then rename them like the high quality versions for them to run and display properly on the rg350s little screen. Take:

intro-l.mvl
robots-l.mvl
other-l.mvl

and rename to:
intro-h.mvl
robots-h.mvl
other-h.mvl

All files have to be lower case.

Unfortunately the right stick isn't properly enabled in either one so you'll have to use the face buttons for forward/back/left/right, which means there aren't enough free buttons to go around to map everything to. They're still technically playable, but you'll be missing a lot of controls.

LauweLoempia

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2020, 09:03:43 pm »

descent.hog
descent.pig

into /.d1x-rebirth/

descent2.ham
descent2.hog
descent2.s11
descent2.s22
alien1.pig
alien2.pig
fire.pig
ice.pig
water.pig
groupa.pig

into /.d2x-rebirth/

You can also add optional video files, but you'll have to take the low quality versions and then rename them like the high quality versions for them to run and display properly on the rg350s little screen. Take:

intro-l.mvl
robots-l.mvl
other-l.mvl

and rename to:
intro-h.mvl
robots-h.mvl
other-h.mvl

Unfortunately the right stick isn't properly enabled in either one so you'll have to use the face buttons for forward/back/left/right, which means there aren't enough free buttons to go around to map everything to. They're still technically playable, but you'll be missing a lot of controls.

Thank you for your reply! I tried the Decent Rebirth OPK files from the Openhandhelds gitbub page (https://github.com/retrogamehandheld/OpenDingux/tree/master/Games%20%26%20Ports) but for me only the facebuttons worked and no joystick. Were you able to enable the left joystick?

Vilkata

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2020, 09:54:29 pm »
Yeah just use the good old Power button + B move

and you're welcome!

LauweLoempia

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2020, 10:41:43 pm »
Yes, I got it working!! Very nice way to play these games!! Would be great to also enable the second joystick, but I'm afraid it requires a new build...

LauweLoempia

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2020, 02:42:59 pm »
I was wondering, as the OPK can also run from the SD card is it also possible to load the game assets to the SD card instead of the internal SD?

aggdaddy

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2020, 06:54:37 pm »
I have been trying get descent to work on my RG350 using this information, but I am unsuccessful.  Perhaps someone could grace me with a step by step tutorial for getting descent to work on rg350?

I have copied the descent.hog and .plg to the .d1x-rebirth folder, but I am not exactly sure if the path is correct using the information quoted.  I created the .d1x-rebirth folder under media/data/local/home. I am also unable to get the icon into the game section into the rg350.  I have tried linking from the menu, but it doesn't show any of the files when I browse to the /media/data/apps folder. 

I have tried executing the Descent 1 Rebirth.opk file that I downloaded from github and copied it to the media/data/apps folder using the DinguxCmdr app, but it just returns to the main interface.

descent.hog
descent.pig

into /.d1x-rebirth/

descent2.ham
descent2.hog
descent2.s11
descent2.s22
alien1.pig
alien2.pig
fire.pig
ice.pig
water.pig
groupa.pig

into /.d2x-rebirth/

intro-l.mvl
robots-l.mvl
other-l.mvl

and rename to:
intro-h.mvl
robots-h.mvl
other-h.mvl

Vilkata

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2020, 09:22:08 pm »
You just put opk files in media/data/apps/ and that's it. The app will then be installed and the icon should be under its related section, Games in this case. If this is not happening then I could only guess that your file is bad for some reason and that you might want to try re-downloading it or getting it from a different source.

After that, in the future you don't need to create the appropriate folder yourself, the app will do that automatically when its first run.

aggdaddy

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2020, 04:45:00 pm »
Does it make a difference if I copy the opk file from the sdcard using the rg350 to media/data/apps, compared to copying it from my windows computer using filezilla?

Its still not working for me.

Vilkata

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2020, 06:19:20 pm »
It shouldn't matter.

I don't really know what else to tell you that I haven't already said. If you're actually putting the file in the correct folder and you're reasonably sure your file is valid (https://github.com/retrogamehandheld/OpenDingux/blob/master/Readme.md) then there shouldn't be a problem. 

DisgorgeX

« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2020, 04:00:47 pm »

Hexen II

copy autoexec.cfg, config.cfg, progs.dat, progs2.dat, pak0.pak and pak1.pak (must be all lower case and don't copy any other files!) from \INSTALL\HEXEN2\data1\ of your CD rom to /media/data/local/home/.hexen2/data1
then from \INSTALL\HEXEN2\Strings\ copy one of the files there too with the name strings.txt
Stringse.txt for Spanish text
Stringsf.txt for French text
Stringsg.txt for English text
Notes:
- I use the original CD version, the files may be in different path in the Steam version of the game
- this game does not support the extra analog stick and the extra buttons of RG350 (hopefully someone would fix that)

Every other set of directions worked, but I cannot find a way to get Hexen2.opk to make the .hexen2 folder in /media/data/local/home/ for me to copy the data1 folder from my Hexen 2 directory on PC. I run it and it just says the files aren't there, then I go look in the /home/ to see if I can now move those files in, and it's still nowhere to be found.

Anubys (OP)

« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2020, 06:41:36 pm »
Just manually create the .hexen2 folder (don?t forget the point at the start of the name!) and copy the files there.
Some games does not vreate the directory they use.

joeri87

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2020, 12:31:06 am »
Somehow, the chocolate doom keeps playing the build in shareware wad files.
After hours of trying, not sure how to select the files for doom, doom2, hexen and heretic...
I did find a post about putting them in shares/games/doom but it does not work eighter.

Anybody have a tutorial where to put the files for the doom game files?

That's all folks. If I missed something, let me know, and I will look after it too.
(Choclate doom has now a file selector, so that's why I did not make any effort to check that out)