• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: [Release x 2] FBA with audio samples + Mame4All with ROL and right stick  (Read 2596 times)

goldmojo (OP)

I just published 2 releases of my arcade emulators forks (news in bold).

Final Burn Alpha : Cumulative release (based on nobk r19)

Changelog (since nobk .44 source version) :

* Fix : Bmp format previews are now loaded even if png format savestate exists
* Fix : Enable game sound samples (dkong, etc.)
* Fix : Reactivate controls used by Outrun / Chase HQ and other racing games
* Change : Pretty-fied names for FBA Explorer (aliases.txt)
* Fix : Fba didn't consider options (including vertical games rotation) when launched from command line (or any launcher). -180 degrees rotation works fine now when set to default.

Available here : https://github.com/goldmojo/fba-sdl/releases

Mame4All : Cumulative release (based on latest alekmaul 2014 release)

Changelog (since alekmaul source version) :

* Fix : If the emulation is started from Mame4all UI, returns to the UI when emulation stops.
* Fix : Each game can have a dedicated configuration set using Mame4All UI. This configuration is now loaded when the game is started from Simple Menu or any command line call.
* Change : Added X-OD-Alias=aliases.txt in the opk to convert file names into game names.
* Change : Vertical games are now rotated left (like in FBA) and right stick is used for controls (on the same side of the screen as the buttons). Nota : CPS1 vertical games (1941 for example) still rotates in the bad direction (something should be hardcoded in cps1.c video driver).

* Change : You can now exit emulation using a single click on "Power" button instead of L + R + START
* Change : Added a compilation option to skip mame warnings before starting the emulation (two versions of the OPK are available)
* Change : Reduce audio underruns causing crackling, by buffering a bit more of the audio at once. This introduces a bit of lag in the audio (1 SDL buffer's worth, which is about 20 milliseconds). (from Nebulon)
* Change : Triple-buffering on OpenDingux for the GCW Zero. It allows some games that run between 30 and 60 FPS, which display at 30 FPS with double-buffering, to emulate and display, as well as synthesise audio for, more frames per second. (from Nebulon)
* Change : Removed the splash screen
* Change : Created 2 shortcuts in order to launch emu with frontend or with command line (file explorer)

Available here : https://github.com/goldmojo/mame4all/releases
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 02:42:09 pm by goldmojo »

Xaijiqq

Re: [Release x 2] FBA with audio samples + Mame4All with ROL and right stick
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 09:56:12 pm »
thanks for the fixes :)

* Change : You can now exit emulation using a single click on "Power" button instead of L + R + START

is there a way to exit back to the frontend without having to re-enter mame4all? 

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 10:00:02 pm »
great work goldmojo, always look forward to your releases   ;D

goldmojo (OP)

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 06:49:06 pm »
is there a way to exit back to the frontend without having to re-enter mame4all?
I just fixed it that way in release 7 :

• If the emulation is started from Mame4all UI, returns to the UI when emulation stops.
  • If the emulation is started from a frontend, returns to the frontend when emulation stops.

DaveC1964

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2020, 05:23:29 am »

• If the emulation is started from Mame4all UI, returns to the UI when emulation stops.
  • If the emulation is started from a frontend, returns to the frontend when emulation stops.

Is there a way to get separate versions to eliminate icon spam on the UI.   Now for this and FBA I have 4 icons only need two.   Getting cluttered.

Is this combined way of doing it because of something in simple menu or something?

Thanks.

Drumaster

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2020, 03:13:48 pm »
Hi!

@goldmojo Here's a bug I find pretty annoying (cannot report bugs on your git repo):
- when saving a game state, it automatically sets it as the game preview in the launcher, even if the user did not chose 'Set as preview' option. That would be cool to fix it as now all my game previews are replaced in FBA game list for all the games that have savestates.

goldmojo (OP)

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2020, 09:11:07 am »
@goldmojo Here's a bug I find pretty annoying (cannot report bugs on your git repo):
- when saving a game state, it automatically sets it as the game preview in the launcher, even if the user did not chose 'Set as preview' option. That would be cool to fix it as now all my game previews are replaced in FBA game list for all the games that have savestates.
I activated issues report in my github repos, thank you for this remark ;)
Regarding your issue with previews, I can't reproduce it.
Could you provide more context opening an issue on github ?

Drumaster

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2020, 10:20:17 am »
I activated issues report in my github repos, thank you for this remark ;)
Regarding your issue with previews, I can't reproduce it.
Could you provide more context opening an issue on github ?
https://github.com/goldmojo/fba-sdl/issues/1

Hope it's more clear now, I posted a detailled ticket with a video too, tell me. :)

By the way, I will enter other bugs, here is a sample of them:
- When using "Reset" in option menu during a game, the emulator will reload completely the game, which is not required here, that should simply reset the system without reloading all the rom (quite problematic with large roms like KOF2003 that takes long to load)
- When a rom fails in loading (missing file for instance), all the following roms will as well until the user closes the emu then opens it again => cannot reproduce it any longer
- After exiting FBA menu during a game, "Final Burn Alpha for OpenDingux/RG350..." stays displayed on screen and flickers. The  workaround is to display fps (L+R+Y) then it disappears.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 12:40:14 pm by Drumaster »

goldmojo (OP)

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2020, 12:03:33 pm »
It's a quite big list, I'm not sure to have time for everything but I will have a look and provide answers in Github.

Drumaster

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2020, 12:40:38 pm »
It's a quite big list, I'm not sure to have time for everything but I will have a look and provide answers in Github.
I entered all of them (except one that I cannot reproduce anymore).

goldmojo (OP)

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2020, 02:40:47 pm »
Hello DaveC1964 & Drumaster,

I just fixed the 2 remarks / issues below :

Is there a way to get separate versions to eliminate icon spam on the UI.   Now for this and FBA I have 4 icons only need two.   Getting cluttered.

Is this combined way of doing it because of something in simple menu or something?

Thanks.

You can now download UI interface only OPK if you don't use Simple Menu or any frontend.
It will use only one icon.

It is available for latest versions of Mame4all and FBA.

Hi!

Here's a bug I find pretty annoying (cannot report bugs on your git repo):

It is fixed in the latest versions of FBA.
Thank you for your help on testing.

Drumaster

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2020, 03:06:52 pm »
Thanks for spending time on bug fixing. :)

DaveC1964

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2020, 04:12:53 am »
Thanks goldmojo for the great work! This device keeps getting better with your updates.

dezign999

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2020, 04:09:12 am »
Wow... just wow! Samples!

This is what I've been dreaming of for quite some time now. Was the fix for sound samples quite involved? I looked at the source and it seemed like everything was set up, it just wouldn't work.

Anyway, got a link to buy you a coffee or beer?

Xaijiqq

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2020, 04:02:28 pm »

works great!  :) thanks for the separate opk files however i noticed 'mame4all-params-7-skipwarnings_ui_only.opk' no longer skips warnings?

goldmojo (OP)

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2020, 06:06:04 pm »
works great!  :) thanks for the separate opk files however i noticed 'mame4all-params-7-skipwarnings_ui_only.opk' no longer skips warnings?
Sorry, this is fixed now.

Pender666

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2021, 10:56:36 pm »
Can the op please compile fba to the new beta firmware?
It doesn't works right now.

Thanks in advance

goldmojo (OP)

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2021, 05:28:51 pm »
I am working on it but it is not working for now. I will keep you updated.

Post a new topic