I got myself a rg350p a few weeks ago and was disappointed by the available Quake ports so I took matter to my own hands.
I present to you RgQuake v0.1.0, a software rendered port based on sdlquake with a bunch of ehancements made with the rg350 devices in mind. Funny enough being software rendered it runs faster than the existing Thenesis Quake or when I tried running FTE Quakeworld on it, both with gles renderers. The speedup is a good bonus in addition to getting back graphical features that glQuake removed.
The main features:
- Configurable dual or single analog support
- Added cheats menu into options
- Added option for generous autoaim for gamepad use
- Enhanced particle effects (no squares, less "pop" when they disappear)
- Added Weapon wheel (with slowmo)
- Smoothed out monster movement
- Added option for crosshair
- Added option for non-centered weapon models
- Smoothed out the lightning gun beam when turning
More info and downloads:https://github.com/shpuld/rgquake/releases
Let me know how it works for you guys or if there's anything you'd want to see. I'd also be curious if it works on gcw0 out of the box, but I don't have one.