Author Topic: SMACH Z Official Post  (Read 25643 times)

Pardue

• GamingGems
Re: SMACH Z Official Post
« Reply #160 on: September 11, 2017, 03:12:40 am »
I really wonder if they will need investment to get them over the line.  They lost like 27% of their campaign funds on imasD which I don't know if they salvaged anything out of.

You keep repeating that figure here and in the Pyra forums but it's way off. You are adding the KS funds to the total you see on IGG. But the IGG total includes the KS funds, so you're counting the KS funds twice. Hover your cursor over the little question mark on the IGG page.

It's not your fault because this is a little trick IGG has been using to make them seem more successful than KS.

But because of that, your 28% figure is wrong, they actually lost at least 42% to ImasD!!! I say "at least" because that funding total on IGG is in USD and the amount you quoted from SmachZ doesn't specify but is most likely in Euros. If I just do a quick n' dirty google conversion, that turns 280k to $336,084 or 51%!

Add to that- remember KS and IGG take their fee off the top, which is around 10%. And I would not be surprised to learn that the lead guy has been living off the funding, perhaps the other team members too. So yeah, I'm positive these guys are running low on funds.

I'm also glad you caught the little tidbit that both companies are in litigation now. If that's true, it will get expensive real quick. These backers are fucked.

vcoleiro1

« Reply #161 on: September 11, 2017, 04:37:19 am »
I really wonder if they will need investment to get them over the line.  They lost like 27% of their campaign funds on imasD which I don't know if they salvaged anything out of.

You keep repeating that figure here and in the Pyra forums but it's way off. You are adding the KS funds to the total you see on IGG. But the IGG total includes the KS funds, so you're counting the KS funds twice. Hover your cursor over the little question mark on the IGG page.

It's not your fault because this is a little trick IGG has been using to make them seem more successful than KS.

But because of that, your 28% figure is wrong, they actually lost at least 42% to ImasD!!! I say "at least" because that funding total on IGG is in USD and the amount you quoted from SmachZ doesn't specify but is most likely in Euros. If I just do a quick n' dirty google conversion, that turns 280k to $336,084 or 51%!

Add to that- remember KS and IGG take their fee off the top, which is around 10%. And I would not be surprised to learn that the lead guy has been living off the funding, perhaps the other team members too. So yeah, I'm positive these guys are running low on funds.

I'm also glad you caught the little tidbit that both companies are in litigation now. If that's true, it will get expensive real quick. These backers are fucked.

Wow , I can't believe IGG does that.  That's pretty crappy. Thanks for letting me know.
The figure for the KS portion quoted on IGG seems off .  It's quoted as including 1293 KS backers and $503K USD. But on KS, it says it got the equivelant of $570K USD from 1293 backers.  ie IGG's total could be off because of this (by maybe $67K USD), could be as high as $728K USD all in all. Although this descrepancy could be due to an exchange rate that has changed from then till now.

I have wondered if they are getting further invesment, it sounds like they may need it.

By the way, I noticed your account on NeoGaf is banned.  Why did they ban you?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 05:34:38 am by vcoleiro1 »

vcoleiro1

« Reply #162 on: September 27, 2017, 06:17:03 am »
I didn't notice this before, but the Smach Z Kickstarter page mantions they have investors.  So even though they lost a bit of money in the failed Imasd venture, they should have investor funding that hopefully covers it and more.

Here is what it says on their KS page:

"The investors backing SMACH Z are Mola Factory and other undisclosed private investors. Mola is a tech venture holding focused on the Internet and technology companies to give them financial support and know-how. For more information: www.mola.com"

In different news, I hear that the retail pricing for the Smach Z has gone up due to part costs increase.  Apparently , the Smach Z Pro will be $899 and the stanard will be $699 
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 06:38:40 am by vcoleiro1 »

AVahne

« Reply #163 on: September 28, 2017, 03:13:41 am »
Jeez, even if this thing ever materializes, at that price it'll flop as soon as it releases. Most people would likely just get a Switch as even that thing MIGHT get enough AAA games by the time the Smach releases to justify its existence and for people who want a powerful handheld for playing their Steam library, the GPD Win 2 will probably be way cheaper.

vcoleiro1

« Reply #164 on: September 28, 2017, 03:25:52 am »
Jeez, even if this thing ever materializes, at that price it'll flop as soon as it releases. Most people would likely just get a Switch as even that thing MIGHT get enough AAA games by the time the Smach releases to justify its existence and for people who want a powerful handheld for playing their Steam library, the GPD Win 2 will probably be way cheaper.

Yeah, at those prices I have trouble even remotely believing it will be anything but a massive flop.

Lets not forget for Australia that $899USD is $1148 AUD. Which is well beyond insane

NTMBK

« Reply #165 on: September 28, 2017, 09:54:14 am »
Sweet Jesus, $699? For that amount of money you could get both a Switch and an XBox One.

vcoleiro1

« Reply #166 on: September 28, 2017, 10:35:25 am »
Sweet Jesus, $699? For that amount of money you could get both a Switch and an XBox One.

Yeah, I hope they figure something out and can lower the price significantly.

MOFO

« Reply #167 on: October 22, 2017, 05:40:10 pm »
I come back every once in a while to see if any new info is out and I see that it might cost $699-$899!
That?s just crazy , no way many people are buying one with those prices if true.

Deen0X

« Reply #168 on: November 28, 2018, 01:34:52 pm »
well, i want to re-activate this thread with few videos i captured from the device (tested by myself some days ago)

Soul Calibur VI (Mid graphics preset, 1080p, using external controller)
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmc88dy2tUw" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmc88dy2tUw</a>

Tekken 7 (Low graphics preset, 1080p, using external controller)
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYnEYzPlwRU" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYnEYzPlwRU</a>

here is another video showing what i connected to the device (a hub USB with pendrives, card readers, gamepad receiver)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FQlQJ5NOus" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FQlQJ5NOus</a>

i posted because people ask to me about what is the white wire connected to the device.

and finally, i have a short clip of Kingdome Come Deliverance

Hope i will get more info and share with people.

MOFO

« Reply #169 on: November 30, 2018, 06:26:49 am »
Performance looks very good!
Not sure how the Win 2 plays these games but everything seems to run pretty smooth.

Post a new topic