Author Topic: SMACH Z Official Post  (Read 15191 times)

leafar

Re: SMACH Z Official Post
« Reply #150 on: July 29, 2017, 10:40:55 pm »
i really dont understand what are you peoples are debating,i was following very closely from the beginning right here and after the Kickstarter launch, for the prototype always was a bay trial intel SoC,no doubt and the clickarm tech was an other board barebone with fan and connected to a display.they never said that the prototype was with clickarm technology period.
For others things maybe some are right,but let me be clear,The team is just 2 or 3 peoples, small creators trying to do something,ok its going to another direction but give me a break they are not GPD,they have the first or second obstacle,lets wait on the coming months to see what happen.
About Pedro (rhomb.io) in AMA, he didnt said nothing concrete about the device and the Smach Z team and even he is a backer.
time will tell

siegel17701

« Reply #151 on: July 29, 2017, 11:09:46 pm »
i really dont understand what are you peoples are debating,i was following very closely from the beginning right here and after the Kickstarter launch, for the prototype always was a bay trial intel SoC,no doubt and the clickarm tech was an other board barebone with fan and connected to a display.they never said that the prototype was with clickarm technology period.
For others things maybe some are right,but let me be clear,The team is just 2 or 3 peoples, small creators trying to do something,ok its going to another direction but give me a break they are not GPD,they have the first or second obstacle,lets wait on the coming months to see what happen.
About Pedro (rhomb.io) in AMA, he didnt said nothing concrete about the device and the Smach Z team and even he is a backer.
time will tell
Get ready for the hate... You are not supposed to be positive on the internet

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

SONY

« Reply #152 on: July 29, 2017, 11:19:38 pm »
People should stop defending the SMACH Team.
Seriously, they're fraudulent. Why did they have a private forum for backers only?
SONY PS3
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

GPD XD

vcoleiro1

« Reply #153 on: July 30, 2017, 12:20:16 am »
time will tell

What I think Pardue is pointing to, is this part below  in the Smach Z Kickstarter page.  It says the prototype is using ClickArm.  I guess there is some doubt about it, it could be that one of the prototypes didn't use clickarm but others did - giving them the benefit of the doubt.  Or they didn't use ClickArm ever, and the prototype used a standard Intel refrence board or tablet board. Thats the discussion. As to what they have been saying though, I have the same impression as you, ie that they have been saying it's an Intel board and not ClickArm.

This is from the Kickstarter page:

Case Prototype: The current cased prototype is fully functional and has a similar look, but it's not the final form factor and it doesn't have the final hardware:

It uses a Bay Trail SoC with 2GB RAM.
It's bulkier and heavier than the final form.
All controls and functionality works.
It runs Windows.
It's using clickARM.
It's capable to run old 3D games such as Left4Dead 2 and Half-Life 2 at 15 FPS natively.
During the Gamescom the cased prototype was not 100% complete and had problems with power. Because of that it only ran some small games. 

siegel17701

« Reply #154 on: July 30, 2017, 01:26:56 am »
People should stop defending the SMACH Team.
Seriously, they're fraudulent. Why did they have a private forum for backers only?
People are defending Smach because we paid money. If is a fraud we lose. You have to understand that. I am just glad the lose won't break me. I just hope we get a device some day and have it not be obsolete. I've waited this long I can keep waiting. My gpdwin will tide me over

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

hellomoto

« Reply #155 on: September 06, 2017, 07:12:52 pm »
They said they would provide an update at the end of August.  I don't see anything.  anyone has an update from their forum?

vcoleiro1

« Reply #156 on: September 07, 2017, 02:44:31 am »
They said they would provide an update at the end of August.  I don't see anything.  anyone has an update from their forum?

Yeah I have been visiting the page evewr since they said that, but yet, still no update.

I really wonder if they will need investment to get them over the line.  They lost like 27% of their campaign funds on imasD which I don't know if they salvaged anything out of.

Quote from a comment Smach Z left in the Kickstarter comments:

"- Yes, we have payed all the invoices to ImasD (80K for the prototype + 200K for the development work done so far).

- No, we haven't all the materials from ImasD, they won’t send us any material until our development contract gets closed. Both companies are in a litigation about that."
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 02:46:36 am by vcoleiro1 »

SONY

« Reply #157 on: September 07, 2017, 09:17:40 am »
Fucking scammers!!! SMACH Z...more like SCAM Z
SONY PS3
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

GPD XD

vcoleiro1

« Reply #158 on: September 08, 2017, 02:26:48 pm »
I notice they made a new Kickstarter update, can anyone read it?

hellomoto

« Reply #159 on: September 10, 2017, 01:46:15 am »

Pardue

• GamingGems
« Reply #160 on: September 11, 2017, 03:12:40 am »
I really wonder if they will need investment to get them over the line.  They lost like 27% of their campaign funds on imasD which I don't know if they salvaged anything out of.

You keep repeating that figure here and in the Pyra forums but it's way off. You are adding the KS funds to the total you see on IGG. But the IGG total includes the KS funds, so you're counting the KS funds twice. Hover your cursor over the little question mark on the IGG page.

It's not your fault because this is a little trick IGG has been using to make them seem more successful than KS.

But because of that, your 28% figure is wrong, they actually lost at least 42% to ImasD!!! I say "at least" because that funding total on IGG is in USD and the amount you quoted from SmachZ doesn't specify but is most likely in Euros. If I just do a quick n' dirty google conversion, that turns 280k to $336,084 or 51%!

Add to that- remember KS and IGG take their fee off the top, which is around 10%. And I would not be surprised to learn that the lead guy has been living off the funding, perhaps the other team members too. So yeah, I'm positive these guys are running low on funds.

I'm also glad you caught the little tidbit that both companies are in litigation now. If that's true, it will get expensive real quick. These backers are fucked.

vcoleiro1

« Reply #161 on: September 11, 2017, 04:37:19 am »

You keep repeating that figure here and in the Pyra forums but it's way off. You are adding the KS funds to the total you see on IGG. But the IGG total includes the KS funds, so you're counting the KS funds twice. Hover your cursor over the little question mark on the IGG page.

It's not your fault because this is a little trick IGG has been using to make them seem more successful than KS.

But because of that, your 28% figure is wrong, they actually lost at least 42% to ImasD!!! I say "at least" because that funding total on IGG is in USD and the amount you quoted from SmachZ doesn't specify but is most likely in Euros. If I just do a quick n' dirty google conversion, that turns 280k to $336,084 or 51%!

Add to that- remember KS and IGG take their fee off the top, which is around 10%. And I would not be surprised to learn that the lead guy has been living off the funding, perhaps the other team members too. So yeah, I'm positive these guys are running low on funds.

I'm also glad you caught the little tidbit that both companies are in litigation now. If that's true, it will get expensive real quick. These backers are fucked.

Wow , I can't believe IGG does that.  That's pretty crappy. Thanks for letting me know.
The figure for the KS portion quoted on IGG seems off .  It's quoted as including 1293 KS backers and $503K USD. But on KS, it says it got the equivelant of $570K USD from 1293 backers.  ie IGG's total could be off because of this (by maybe $67K USD), could be as high as $728K USD all in all. Although this descrepancy could be due to an exchange rate that has changed from then till now.

I have wondered if they are getting further invesment, it sounds like they may need it.

By the way, I noticed your account on NeoGaf is banned.  Why did they ban you?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 05:34:38 am by vcoleiro1 »

Post a new topic