Author Topic: PGS portable gaming system on windows 10!!!  (Read 111738 times)

maarten12100

Re: PGS portable gaming system on windows 10!!!
« Reply #380 on: July 08, 2016, 01:20:47 am »
Bare in mind the iphone 6s plus does not have:
The Iphones has a custom in house designed SoC. A9x which is a piece of beauty on itself.
Batteries are cheap like really cheap and these poor lithium poly are especially poor.
What do you have to do to make a lithium ion battery:
Get some lithium bound to some other element to make it less volitale (reduces energy density)
grind this together with some electrolyte or mix it with a liquid electrolyte.
Take the Cathode you just made push some electrolyte on top of that finish with a anode of choice.

But I get your point unless they are doing a high volume run they won't make a profit or even turn even with their BOM.

vcoleiro1

« Reply #381 on: July 08, 2016, 01:22:54 am »
Wow, that was the harshest comment I have ever seen from ED.   I must admit, I'm really surprised to see him say that.  If you have been on the Pyra forums for a long time like I, you would know that's way out of character for him to publicly say that.

By the way, he stole my iphone example I mentioned on the Pyra forum (and here),  I should have copyrighted it :p

As for PGSs response , yes , I agree with MAde in China, that's not professional.  They knew they were going to get slammed, shit I told them they were going to get slammed if they went ahead with the KS with no real prototype.  They knew not having an explicit working prototype and using photo relaistic renders were against KS rules, but despite all that, they went ahead anyway.  Can you blame people for reacting obviously and as predicted.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 01:27:58 am by vcoleiro1 »

Willburn

« Reply #382 on: July 08, 2016, 07:38:17 am »
To be honest, I would not call his comment harsh.
I would rather say he seems genuinely concerned about the guy.

ED knows very well what the workload and financial requirements behind such a huge project look like and that a bunch of dreams and promises with no realistic plan can only lead to disaster.
He is trying to warn the guy, keep him from forever ruining his own reputation and possibly even legal action.

vcoleiro1

« Reply #383 on: July 08, 2016, 02:43:19 pm »
Well, the PGS CEO has just made some responses to backers questions. He seems to have answered a few questions that I had been wondering on.

@Tales Dan Tamada
@MJPIA
@Julio L?pez
Lola Kochetkova is indeed a part of our team and an official manager of PGS LAB LLC. It was her who helped us creating LLC and bank account, and also in registering the American patent for invention. The reason why the Kickstarter campaign was started on behalf of her is that only a US resident can start a campaign. To my deepest regret I am not a US resident, so the campaign couldn't be started on my behalf. As for doubting about whether or not Lola permitted to use her data to register - the data couldn't be used without her notice since Kickstarter obligates to enter an individual tax number. And only after validating it, KS gives permission to register.
@Gov
Closer to the end of the campaign, after acquiring some feedback and deciding about some minimal changes in device design, we will present the upgraded concept.
The D-Pad, similar to that of Xbox, and other changes will be shown in the concept.
The Amoled is officially confirmed for the Hardcore version. It was our mistake that Amoled was accidentally thrown to The Goals, we are sorry for that. As for overclocking, we will surely release the utility to fine tune the CPU/GPU performance.
There are quite many features that we have access to. We will also try implementing the opportunity to overclock the main components. We do not promise, but we will do as much as possible.
@david craig
Those users who don't want the E-Ink in their PGS Hardcore will get the version with regular optional display.
@Shelby
@david craig
@Yingshuai Zhang
PGS - Portable Gaming System. PGS Lab - Portable Gaming Solutions Lab.
@alexander Chernyshev
Our company is registered in Detroit. One of the Kickstarter requirements is to be a company officially registered in the USA (or some other countries in Europe). Without having a company in the USA we simply couldn't start the Kickstarter campaign.
If you have doubts about my professional skills, you may personally ask me questions throughceo@PGSLab.com.
@Bryan U-Vin
We are not a big but a talented team. Alan is also a great designer. Although I am a CEO, there are much more responsibilities on me than one may suppose. I personally play a large role in engineering and graphical sides of the project.
@Michael Mrozek
I also take a significant part in engineering and a main part in case design. We are not a big team but each does the job according to the skills.
@david craig
In the video, along with the team key members there are people who help us to different extent, but they are not the key members. Assuming that the project is funded from own funds I didn't intended to build a large staff.
@Argohrn
We are planning to implement the regular set of sensors that most Android smartphones use.
@stephen Sprites
The main goal that we have to achieve by the end of the campaign is finishing the more complex, improved prototype and showing it in the new video.
@Pablo Emilio Acevedo D?az
We'll try to demonstrate the updated prototype version starting from the moment of device power on and all the following stages.
@Michael Mrozek (OpenPandora GmbH)
Thank you for your advice. My experience as a portable devices engineer is really not as extensive as that of Pandora team, but we truly realize that expenses may exceed the revenue from Kickstarter. We are ready for that.
@Jean-paul Joseph
Z8750 also perfectly works with Windows 8.1.
@Luke Palmgren
We are planning to develop separate device versions, one supporting European networks, and one for the US networks.
@Zlipher
The input elements of the PGS will work through Xinput. You will be able to use any software to remap the keys functioning.
@Zlipher
The finished device pack will include the adapter from USB-C to the full-sized USB.
You will be able to plug any peripheral directly or even through a USB hub. We are planning to implement a replaceable battery in PGS Hardcore.
@Horace Cheng
Maybe I was really too excessive in my previous post, but I said what I'm really thinking. We are not a large team, but we are trying hard and we'll keep doing everything possible for you. We listen and consider your advices, thank you.
@Justin
Thanks for advices.
@Ong TH
The question of PGS Hardcore memory is in consideration now. We are researching this question, thank you.
@Gov
z8750 produces about 2 watts of heat under the load. The most Windows-based tablets with Cherry Trail processors do not include any heat removal radiators. In our case there will be a tiny radiator connected to the case. Do not worry about heat problem, we will prevent it in either version of PGS, including the titanium one.
@Nofear2plus
I'm afraid we will not show you something brand new right now and today, but we are trying hard to do it by the end of the campaign.
@Qing Fang
Sure
@Erosquare
As I mentioned earlier, we came to Kickstarter in order to be less dependent on investors. In order to create a device which we really expect it to be and to show it to you.
Thank you for advices, we'll take it into account.
@Opium Pulses
Thanks for your advice. I'll consider your opinion.

maarten12100

« Reply #384 on: July 08, 2016, 08:52:44 pm »

Our Roberto appears to be Alan  :o

siegel17701

« Reply #385 on: July 08, 2016, 09:33:14 pm »
Lola is a dancer and actress,  hmmm

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

vcoleiro1

« Reply #386 on: July 08, 2016, 11:13:29 pm »
@maarten12100

Roberto ?

What do you mean?

Nicho-Mania

« Reply #387 on: July 08, 2016, 11:42:33 pm »
Lola is a dancer and actress,  hmmm

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

All I can think of is the Copacabana song...

« Reply #388 on: July 08, 2016, 11:45:40 pm »
He gave Alan a pet name as he was the lead in the promotional video.

Seeing as they are based in Eastern Europe, I can see why they had to use a proxy for a Kickstarter campaign. However, Kickstarter still has those rules in place for a reason, so while empathy is up, suspicion is also up.
I don't think ANY words can lower my suspicion, actually. I just need to see something that works before I'll totally believe them, not to say commit and back their campaign.

They have said something like that will pop up near the end of the campaign, so fingers crossed they do make it. Until then, it's just feeding my fantasy for a gaming phone.

vcoleiro1

« Reply #389 on: July 09, 2016, 12:02:52 am »
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 12:04:30 am by vcoleiro1 »

robman2122

« Reply #390 on: July 09, 2016, 12:10:28 am »
So someone posted these Cherrytrail tablet which seems very cheap, hmmm, PGS perhaps then possible for the funds they are raising.  I'm still  skeptical, but I suppose there is a chance

http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_363113.html

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/CHUWI-Hi8-Pro-Dual-OS-Windows10---Android5-1-8-inch-2GB-32GB-Tablet-PC-Intel-Cherry-Trail-Z8300-1-84GHz-IPS-1920-1200-Type-C-HDMI---White-364655.html?utm_source=EMS&utm_medium=EMSSHW_Product_Link&utm_campaign=EMSSHW_Feed_364655
Regardless of how cheap those are, you still have to remember, at least as far as anyone on the outside can tell, PGS has done little to no R&D yet. ED said it best himself. IIRC he said just PCB design and development alone will probably cost them close to $300k+, and then theres the cost of making molds for the cases. Then once you factor in the cost of the actual manufacturing of these devices, they will have a ton of money to make up for on their margins. Unless they're just a really nice bunch of people who are cool with losing a cool half a million+ just to make gamers worldwide happier, I don't see that working financially at the prices they are touting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

maarten12100

« Reply #391 on: July 09, 2016, 12:56:38 am »
@maarten12100

Roberto ?

What do you mean?

It's one those ones you really want to be true, but deep down you know , well, you know.
[/b]

I think you're right. Intuition, gut feeling, whatever you want to call it. Many of us are having red flags about this situation and I think that's not insignificant.

But.... Maybe Ricardo will come through for us.

Those eyes... Those eyes dude. They can see right through your soul.

I don't know whether to trust them or run far, far away.

I meant Ricardo well the handsome guy  :-X

vcoleiro1

« Reply #392 on: July 09, 2016, 12:58:29 am »
As I said on the Pyra forum, people seem to be searching for the wroing person.  Find me Sergei Kirimov that matches the pic of him

Nicho-Mania

« Reply #393 on: July 10, 2016, 07:26:51 pm »
Yo, heads up! The poll for different button layout is happening on their twitter! I'm going with layout number 1.  :D

Mostly for GC emulation, me being a bit tired of the Playstation style fo button placement, and the 8 directional d-pad.  8)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 07:32:09 pm by Nicho-Mania »

vcoleiro1

« Reply #394 on: July 10, 2016, 11:56:25 pm »
@Nicho-Mania

Did you back a PGS unit?

So this layout is an option now. 

« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 12:21:26 am by vcoleiro1 »

Nicho-Mania

« Reply #395 on: July 11, 2016, 12:36:26 am »
@Nicho-Mania

Did you back a PGS unit?

So this layout is an option now. 

Haven't backed yet, due to all the vague trustability of the product, but still, from what they've said concerning 6th gen. console emulation, the first layout would be extremely helpful for wii/GC controls.  ;)

that and the d-pad looks more helpful for fighting games and the like. (skullgirls anyone  :) )
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 12:38:28 am by Nicho-Mania »

AVahne

« Reply #396 on: July 11, 2016, 01:14:08 am »
Don't think I'll be backing the PGS, especially now that the Win will be getting a Z8700/8750.
But, if they do end up making this device and if I ever feel like adding it to my collection/using it as a phone, I'd rather they put both sticks at the top for maximum grip. The PS placement can be a little slippery on a device that isn't as round as the Vita and the asymmetrical placement is VERY....un-agreeable on devices that lack a handle or grip.

Nicho-Mania

« Reply #397 on: July 11, 2016, 01:33:21 am »
somebody made the point that putting a poll like this on twitter, rather than an actual polling site might be untrustworthy or such, due to people liking things just for showing pictures of the product.

Though I am a bit saddened the original design is winning so far, is this possibly true?
It'd be funny if the more recent post gains likes for that, more than any actual polling, but I can't honestly say, due to me having a play in this poll to begin with.   :-X

Gr8one

« Reply #398 on: July 11, 2016, 09:53:28 pm »
A poster on Neogaf named MJPIA who you might recognize from the comments section on the kickstarter, and likely is a member here (sorry if I stole your thunder  :) ), basically destroyed what little credibility PGS had left in my eyes.

BTW meet Alan Williams aka Kostas Valov aka Kostas Lucky

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1083332415062142&set=ecnf.100001561807055&type=3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/kostas.valov?fref=ufi
https://new.vk.com/id261598200
Not the one who found him but it was someone who wishes to remain anonymous.
Anyone care to try to track down the rest of the team?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 11:30:38 pm by Gr8one »

Nicho-Mania

« Reply #399 on: July 11, 2016, 10:59:25 pm »
A poster on Neogaf named MJPIA who you might recognize from the comments section on the kickstarter, and likely is a member here (sorry if I stole your thunder  :) ), basically destroyed what little credibility PGS had left in my eyes.

BTW meet Alan Williams aka Kostas Valov aka Kostas Lucky

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/kostas.valov?fref=ufi
https://new.vk.com/id261598200
Not the one who found him but it was someone who wishes to remain anonymous.
Anyone care to try to track down the rest of the team?

First link is down.

Post a new topic