Author Topic: PGS portable gaming system on windows 10!!!  (Read 90254 times)

robman2122

Re: PGS portable gaming system on windows 10!!!
« Reply #585 on: July 15, 2017, 11:34:15 am »

The only good thing to say is they do put together a pretty slick website.

What if this whole thing has just been a resume for Nadir's graphic design and web development skills?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Excalibur

« Reply #586 on: July 15, 2017, 01:12:36 pm »

The only good thing to say is they do put together a pretty slick website.

What if this whole thing has just been a resume for Nadir's graphic design and web development skills?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Highly possible... Seems like StopDrop&Retro called out B.S. and I kinda believe it. PGS looks too good to be true, though I wish it's going to be a real product that'll come along.

If this was something the GPD Folks are working on, I'd have zero doubt (happy with my GPD Win). Oh well.... Time will tell. I'm just glad I didn't back this project.
Ek-skal-uh-ber

indstr

« Reply #587 on: September 07, 2017, 02:53:26 am »

I think you mean Ricardo

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
PGS: Let the trainwreck continue to unfold.

DiegoSLTS

« Reply #588 on: October 05, 2017, 03:04:26 am »
They updated the PGS Blog. It's amazing how they publicly blame and insult other companies involved, while underestimating the complexity of the features they promised and confirming they didn't even know if anything they promised was possible.

"The Chinese side concludes that Windows does not support two touch screens at the same time. After the meeting with the Software Development Division, we come to the conclusion that the problem can be solved at the driver level.
Engineers come to the conclusion that it is difficult to implement both SIM cards and memory cards in one slot. It was decided to use two separate slots.
"

Refering to their current partner not being able to produce a switching component for the screen to switch between Android and Windows:
"It is quite obvious to us that for the subsequent products of the company, it makes sense to form a team of highly qualified engineers of all range of development of mobile devices. Only in this case we can be absolutely sure that (for example) PGS PRO will match all the functionality that we plan to realize in it.
The creation of the simplest controller for switching displays between PCB is not a difficult task, but unfortunately, absolutely all Chinese ODM (yes, we have communicated with all ODM in China that had an experience with Intel chips) are in fact - collectors of chips and simple smartphones on a template database. To make something own, even in the simplest realization, is an impossible task for them.
"

Refering to Intel not recommending the use of the 7Y30 and 7Y32 chips:
"Representatives of Intel try to dissuade from using these chips, referring on the fact that mobile devices has too high consumption of energy and heat dissipation.

It is obvious that the Chinese Intel representatives do not know their own product very well
"

vcoleiro1

« Reply #589 on: October 05, 2017, 03:23:30 am »
@DiegoSLTS

Yeah I agree.

Also,   they seem stuck on having two screens and SOCs, which will make the project more or less unachievable.  As long as they stick with that, there is little chance of it being created.  They need to ditch the second screen, ditch the second SOC, and then have it dual boot from the single Intel SOC

ARKX

« Reply #590 on: March 16, 2018, 09:27:08 am »
Hi guys,
They posted 3 photos of a prototype
What do you think about these photos?
In the first photo, the secondary screen seems photoshopped or am I wrong?

https://www.facebook.com/pgs.lab/photos/pcb.1628945243861809/1628944803861853/?type=3&theater
https://twitter.com/PGS_Lab/status/972191075808038912

SONY

« Reply #591 on: March 16, 2018, 09:37:42 am »
SCAM
SONY PS3
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

GPD XD

lemmywinks

« Reply #592 on: March 16, 2018, 12:19:42 pm »
That screen is a sticker! Looking at the moulding it resembles one of those plastic toy smartphones you give to kids.
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, Pap KIII-Plus, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket, PSP Go
PC:
HP Envy M6
Acer 522
Psion 5 & 5MX

Post a new topic