Author Topic: PGS portable gaming system on windows 10!!!  (Read 103780 times)

DiegoSLTS

Re: PGS portable gaming system on windows 10!!!
« Reply #580 on: June 09, 2017, 12:18:16 am »
Has anyone read the latest update on their blog? They're already blaming game developers for not optimizing their games properly.

Unfortunately, one of the today's trends is that the higher the performance of PC hardware, the less attention game developers pay to optimization of game engines.

It looks like they're saying "We have the hardware to run every new game in the market as we promised a year ago, but developers are too lazy nowadays, so when you get the device and get dissapointed, it's not our fault, it's their's".

They're also promising more impossible things:

We decided not to ignore this fact, so in our "Gaming section" we are going to provide special patches, configs, and presets for various games to maximize performance of the games running on our hardware.

So... they'll provide special patches to maximize performance on their hardware. That sounds like custom patches made specially with the PGS in mind, right? I mean, they wouldn't post a mod to get the lowest quality to improve FPS and call it a "special patches to maximize performance"...  ::)

Of course, if such possibility is provided by game developers.
Oh, OK, they'll do it, but if they don't and you get disappointed, blame the develoeprs, they didn't want to cooperate.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 12:29:31 am by DiegoSLTS »

MOFO

« Reply #581 on: June 11, 2017, 12:53:49 pm »
I'm still waiting to see what comes out of this train wreck.
While I would love to see them succeed and be proven wrong they have yet to show anything for all there talk.

davidgilmour

« Reply #582 on: July 05, 2017, 08:18:27 am »
Hello, dear forum users!

We are very happy to meet all our fans in 2017. All of you will be rewarded for your trust in our great project!

PGS Lab is going to open several new official public pages in social networks where they are still not present. Also you can look at the latest updates in the blog (http://blog.pgslab.com/) and check out the Japanese version (http://jp.pgslab.com/) of our site.

Get ready for exciting and groundbreaking news in the next six months!

In conclusion, we'd like to say that our company will do everything to make communication between us and our followers and fans as clear and transparent as possible.

Keep track of the news!

PS Meet us at the E3! (http://www.capsulecomputers.com.au/2017/03/pgs-lab-unveils-e3-plans-and-developmentmanufacturing-centres/)
Where is the SCAM warning?

vcoleiro1

« Reply #583 on: July 12, 2017, 03:47:09 pm »
PGS have made a project update, too long to fully quote, and it's worth a read. But here are some highlights

They claim the XPphone guys who were building the PGS, scammed them. So in search of another manufacturer, all but one told them it was not possible and rejected them. But in the end they supposedly found a group who will do it. They name them in the update.

They claim they have raised $1.6 Million so far in pre-orders. They also say that if anyone wants a refund , they will honor it.

They also listed a number of specs that will change

Anyway, here is the bit about XPphone

"XpPhone developers failure

Entering the ranks of PGS each of us realized that the development of the most advanced portable device in the world is an extremely difficult task even for teams with vast experience and an almost infinite resource base, not to mention us. But we did not expect that it would be so difficult to push the industry forward.

After a long search for a developer team we chose guys who had created XpPhone and XpPhone 2 - and that was a big mistake. Those people turned out to be scammers. They kept giving us false reports for several months in a row, creating the illusion of active work on our product, but the truth revealed: they tried to create their own product using our resources. Fortunately, they had lack of professionalism, and the common sense helped us suspect and investigate the case. A long court trial against the scammers is going to take place, but we didn't get upset, and full of determination we continued to search for skilled contract developers.
"

The complete PGS update: http://blog.pgslab.com/

MOFO

« Reply #584 on: July 15, 2017, 10:20:34 am »
So basically if this ever comes out ( HAHAHAHA? sure) it will already be outdated by still using the 8750.
I'm lost for words.
GPD will have a 2nd gen Win in the works by then that will most likely blow this thing away in performance .
The only good thing to say is they do put together a pretty slick website.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 10:24:07 am by MOFO »

robman2122

« Reply #585 on: July 15, 2017, 11:34:15 am »

What if this whole thing has just been a resume for Nadir's graphic design and web development skills?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Excalibur

« Reply #586 on: July 15, 2017, 01:12:36 pm »

What if this whole thing has just been a resume for Nadir's graphic design and web development skills?

Highly possible... Seems like StopDrop&Retro called out B.S. and I kinda believe it. PGS looks too good to be true, though I wish it's going to be a real product that'll come along.

If this was something the GPD Folks are working on, I'd have zero doubt (happy with my GPD Win). Oh well.... Time will tell. I'm just glad I didn't back this project.
Ek-skal-uh-ber

indstr

« Reply #587 on: September 07, 2017, 02:53:26 am »

I think you mean Ricardo

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
PGS: Let the trainwreck continue to unfold.

DiegoSLTS

« Reply #588 on: October 05, 2017, 03:04:26 am »
They updated the PGS Blog. It's amazing how they publicly blame and insult other companies involved, while underestimating the complexity of the features they promised and confirming they didn't even know if anything they promised was possible.

"The Chinese side concludes that Windows does not support two touch screens at the same time. After the meeting with the Software Development Division, we come to the conclusion that the problem can be solved at the driver level.
Engineers come to the conclusion that it is difficult to implement both SIM cards and memory cards in one slot. It was decided to use two separate slots.
"

Refering to their current partner not being able to produce a switching component for the screen to switch between Android and Windows:
"It is quite obvious to us that for the subsequent products of the company, it makes sense to form a team of highly qualified engineers of all range of development of mobile devices. Only in this case we can be absolutely sure that (for example) PGS PRO will match all the functionality that we plan to realize in it.
The creation of the simplest controller for switching displays between PCB is not a difficult task, but unfortunately, absolutely all Chinese ODM (yes, we have communicated with all ODM in China that had an experience with Intel chips) are in fact - collectors of chips and simple smartphones on a template database. To make something own, even in the simplest realization, is an impossible task for them.
"

Refering to Intel not recommending the use of the 7Y30 and 7Y32 chips:
"Representatives of Intel try to dissuade from using these chips, referring on the fact that mobile devices has too high consumption of energy and heat dissipation.

It is obvious that the Chinese Intel representatives do not know their own product very well
"

vcoleiro1

« Reply #589 on: October 05, 2017, 03:23:30 am »
@DiegoSLTS

Yeah I agree.

Also,   they seem stuck on having two screens and SOCs, which will make the project more or less unachievable.  As long as they stick with that, there is little chance of it being created.  They need to ditch the second screen, ditch the second SOC, and then have it dual boot from the single Intel SOC

ARKX

« Reply #590 on: March 16, 2018, 09:27:08 am »
Hi guys,
They posted 3 photos of a prototype
What do you think about these photos?
In the first photo, the secondary screen seems photoshopped or am I wrong?

https://www.facebook.com/pgs.lab/photos/pcb.1628945243861809/1628944803861853/?type=3&theater
https://twitter.com/PGS_Lab/status/972191075808038912

SONY

• !
« Reply #591 on: March 16, 2018, 09:37:42 am »
SCAM
Nintendo Switch w/ipega PG-9083

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

ALLDOCUBE Mix Plus w/ ipega PG-9023

Apple iPad pro 2019 w/Gamevice (pending)

lemmywinks

« Reply #592 on: March 16, 2018, 12:19:42 pm »
That screen is a sticker! Looking at the moulding it resembles one of those plastic toy smartphones you give to kids.
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, Pap KIII-Plus, RS-97, RS-90, New Bittboy, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket, PSP Go,
PC:
HP Envy M6, Acer 522, Dell Mini 9
Psion 5 & 5MX
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

vcoleiro1

dubsmachine

« Reply #594 on: November 27, 2018, 07:34:32 am »
Didn't visit these forums in some time.
What's the opinion on this one currently? Is it still considered a scam / vapourwear? Do people think it will ever get made or will be another Vega +?

robman2122

« Reply #595 on: November 27, 2018, 12:37:29 pm »
Didn't visit these forums in some time.
What's the opinion on this one currently? Is it still considered a scam / vapourwear? Do people think it will ever get made or will be another Vega +?
Considering they just posted those pictures of their "prototype" along with the caption/news that they are considering a different cpu all together... Vaporware.

While the new pics look very convincing, they are either really good renders or the comment/caption is them being a troll to the "non-believers". I'm going with the former though.

Even if this device somehow saw a real release it'll never be what they promised it to be from the beginning.