Author Topic: Nintendo Switch  (Read 14102 times)

SONY (OP)

• !
Re: Nintendo Switch
« Reply #100 on: May 24, 2018, 09:49:10 am »
My oldest daughter (17) stepped into my bedroom doorway last night and called my wife and me "Nerds!"  I guess two adults, sitting up on their beds, wearing headphones and playing Zelda side-by-side is "nerdy".  I called her jealous and told her to go buy her own Switch.  lol...

LD mate, how's your Nintendo Switch going? I'm still jealous :(
Surprisingly, I haven't got one yet... I might get one on my birthday month (August) or wait for the inevitable redesign or Revision 2, if you will.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 09:50:59 am by SONY »
Nintendo Switch w/ipega PG-9083

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

ALLDOCUBE Mix Plus w/ ipega PG-9023

Apple iPad pro 2019 w/Gamevice (pending)

LordDavon

« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2018, 07:14:58 pm »
Surprisingly, I haven't got one yet... I might get one on my birthday month (August) or wait for the inevitable redesign or Revision 2, if you will.

I still use it all the time.  I love my PS4 Pro, but my Switch is on my bedside table and easy to pick up and just start playing.  Wife still uses hers all the time too.  She finished Mario and is starting Donkey Kong.  I love the Indie games and probably grab a new one each week.

We got one for the 12 year old daughter for Christmas, who plays Rocket League and Zelda.  We went to the mall the other day and she tried playing Rocket League on the public wifi though.  I laughed my ass off.

Now that the hacks are starting, I may grab another Switch to just mess around with.  If they port emulators to it, it'd be a great little device for emulation and maybe Moonlight (if it gets on there).

If there is a new version released, I'm definitely going to upgrade.

If cost is an issue, you can find people wanting to trade their Switches on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace all the time.  With all your gadgets, you may be able to trade for one.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 07:17:04 pm by LordDavon »

chip

« Reply #102 on: July 06, 2018, 03:38:45 pm »
The switch hacking scene has been moving at a breakneck pace in the last month or two.  The Lakka port is proceeding nicely, and most older systems are emulated well enough for playability, and updates and improvements coming on the regular. 

It's not quite ready for prime time, but I suspect it will be in another month or three.

SONY (OP)

• !
« Reply #103 on: July 06, 2018, 05:43:06 pm »

I still use it all the time.  I love my PS4 Pro, but my Switch is on my bedside table and easy to pick up and just start playing.  Wife still uses hers all the time too.  She finished Mario and is starting Donkey Kong.  I love the Indie games and probably grab a new one each week.

We got one for the 12 year old daughter for Christmas, who plays Rocket League and Zelda.  We went to the mall the other day and she tried playing Rocket League on the public wifi though.  I laughed my ass off.

Now that the hacks are starting, I may grab another Switch to just mess around with.  If they port emulators to it, it'd be a great little device for emulation and maybe Moonlight (if it gets on there).

If there is a new version released, I'm definitely going to upgrade.

If cost is an issue, you can find people wanting to trade their Switches on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace all the time.  With all your gadgets, you may be able to trade for one.

Apologies for the late reply, but I took your advice and now I have a Nintendo Switch.
I'm so happy now, thanks heaps mate :)
I only have 1 Nintendo Switch friend, so please feel free to add me :(

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

LordDavon

« Reply #104 on: July 09, 2018, 05:27:27 pm »
Apologies for the late reply, but I took your advice and now I have a Nintendo Switch.

That's awesome!  I've been wanting to add a more friends.  I've been trying to finish Ys VIII before Octopath releases.  I'm starting to really get addicted to these Indie games too.  Just so many and they are so good. 

I'm glad you're loving yours.  I haven't picked up the new Wolfenstein yet.  How is it?  I see you grabbed Skyrim.  It is one I always go back to when I need to switch from a game for a bit.

LordDavon

« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2018, 05:31:48 pm »
Friend request sent.  My code is 7549-6292-1310

SONY (OP)

• !
« Reply #106 on: July 10, 2018, 01:43:45 am »

That's awesome!  I've been wanting to add a more friends.  I've been trying to finish Ys VIII before Octopath releases.  I'm starting to really get addicted to these Indie games too.  Just so many and they are so good. 

I'm glad you're loving yours.  I haven't picked up the new Wolfenstein yet.  How is it?  I see you grabbed Skyrim.  It is one I always go back to when I need to switch from a game for a bit.

Thanks mate. And friend request accepted :)
Yesterday, I actually went back to my local video games store (EB Games) to exchange my Nintendo Switch for another one because I was unsatisfied with the battery life that I was getting on all my games.
I mean, I was only getting a little over 1 hour (with brightness all the way down and volume to about 10% using headphones) on games like Poi and only 45 mins on TES V: Skyrim, using the same brightness and volume settings :(
I haven't​ had time to give my replacement Nintendo Switch a go yet, but will do later today. I'm still updating games, whilst charging the battery, but I'll keep you posted!
As for Wolfenstein 2...one word.

Awesome :D
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 01:47:50 am by SONY »

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

SONY (OP)

• !
« Reply #107 on: August 01, 2018, 01:17:04 pm »

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

LordDavon

« Reply #108 on: August 01, 2018, 06:55:40 pm »
Me too.  I got Octopath and was itching to play it, but a few days before release I decided to try Xenoblade Chronicles 2 again.  My characters are at level 65 and I can't put it down.  Have had Octopath for a couple of weeks and still haven't put it in the system.  There are a few more RPGs coming that I want before the new Xenoblade is released this fall.  I doubt I'm going to be able to play them all before it hits.

It's a nice problem to have... 

:-)

SONY (OP)

• !
« Reply #109 on: September 15, 2018, 04:09:18 am »
Best Nintendo Direct ever?

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

LordDavon

« Reply #110 on: September 17, 2018, 02:56:40 am »
Not sure.  It was a good one -- and packed full of new games.  Was really bummed there wasn't more about the online service.  I grabbed FFXV already.  Already have the season pass for Xenoblades, so I am going to start that after I finish FFXV.

SONY (OP)

• !
« Reply #111 on: September 19, 2018, 11:10:56 am »
That's awesome mate, I'm glad I'm not the only one on Dingoonity that's enjoying Nintendo Switch immensely :)
Speaking of enjoyment, I'm actually going to take a 3 month break from my Nintendo Switch addiction, but in saying that, I'll actually be taking on another addiction and it's called...

ALLDOCUBE Mix Plus :)

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

LordDavon

« Reply #112 on: September 19, 2018, 06:24:39 pm »
ALLDOCUBE Mix Plus :)

It is a great little tablet.  Mine's been sitting for a bit while I've been hitting these Switch backlogs.  I should go grab it and run some updates and fire up GeForce Now for a bit later.

SONY (OP)

• !
« Reply #113 on: September 27, 2018, 02:41:41 pm »
Well, all I can say is...

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

Post a new topic