• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: New Handheld Game Console, cheapest!  (Read 36748 times)

kevin_yamagata

Re: New Handheld Game Console, cheapest!
« Reply #200 on: December 29, 2020, 11:00:17 am »
Hello Guys, unfotunately i don't got any news about Arcnor yet, that man is very busy at the time... But as soon as possible i gonna contact him and share with you all the news.

Whisky, yes i am brazilian too, you can share here your discoveries about the Q8, also let us know about any issues too.

There are a lot of "Q8 Clones" on the market right now, some of you guys have tried these ones? They can boot the Bittboy firmare? I Would like to know :)

Thanks, hope you guys have a great holiday. Stay safe.

SpacedAce77

« Reply #201 on: January 03, 2021, 01:43:10 am »
There are a lot of "Q8 Clones" on the market right now, some of you guys have tried these ones? They can boot the Bittboy firmare? I Would like to know :)

As far as porting Q90/V90 style Miyoo CFW, i think not... Read this, and from curiosity tried it on my little Sup 5 emulator bit... No dice. Screen went white, was maybe reading input, I just couldn't see anything save for banding and small flickers toward midscreen... It'd be a vast improvement if we can run Bittboy CFW though!! Let's see if anyone else has luck... You mean the original/pre-V.3.5 Bittboys??

Also like the "Five Games Simulators" GB Pocket looking clone... $15, but wonder if it can do more! Cheap and replaceable, I still appreciate these cheap options, I get nervous dropping my RG350 or anything like that.

kevin_yamagata

« Reply #202 on: January 03, 2021, 11:55:03 am »
Yes, you're right! I have a little LDK and a lot of fear of drop it on the ground and see it broken.

About the Q8, it can run specifically the Bittboy 2.0/2.5 CFW, the others just appears a white screen.

KdashX

« Reply #203 on: January 26, 2021, 06:35:06 am »
What's up guys, any updates on the Q8?

PhenomX

« Reply #204 on: February 05, 2021, 07:07:57 pm »
New clones have appeared with the same hardware, the M9 console or also called M3S, as it is usually called around here; same dog with different collar. Surely if they work well on new firmware, these bittboy clones could have a new life, without ending up in the trash xD
We are all waiting for news about the advances, greetings to all of us who frequent this thread :)

PhenomX

« Reply #205 on: March 25, 2021, 11:02:31 pm »
Is there any news or progress?

salvacam

« Reply #206 on: March 29, 2021, 05:41:20 pm »
has gotten it to look right

I've seen it on a discord server
https://discord.gg/T6UBp7JT

kevin_yamagata

« Reply #207 on: March 30, 2021, 11:22:56 pm »
Hey, this is awesome!!! It really is a good progress, thank you for sharing!

PhenomX

« Reply #208 on: March 31, 2021, 12:53:20 pm »

Thank you very much Salvacam, it is incredible to see the advances that are taking place in this console. The result of the work can be enjoyed by thousands of people with this console and its variants.
I am looking forward to testing the new system on my XYC  :)
I see that very good people are working on it who enjoy taking advantage of the power of these systems.
At least we know that some other port will be available thanks to porters like you!  ;)

salvacam

« Reply #209 on: March 31, 2021, 05:41:48 pm »
I have not done anything  :-[. I have put it here so you can see that progress is being made, thanks to the fellow discords of GZNetwork  ;)

TriForce

• Personal Site
« Reply #210 on: April 02, 2021, 02:54:22 am »

Yes, the screen is working now thanks to some great research done by user Nyom on our Discord, he ended up getting information from the display driver similar to one of the Steward messages posted here in one of the previous posts so after a lot of testing we got it working.

So we have to fix the next things now: 1. The sound, 2. The key mapping (the system one, not the gmenu keys), 3. Continue checking stuff
 ;D
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 04:42:20 am by TriForce »

kevin_yamagata

« Reply #211 on: April 02, 2021, 05:18:01 pm »
Great to see it! This community is so interesting, thanks all you guys for the searching with that little machine :). I'm here for testing and other stuffs if you guys needed.

PhenomX

« Reply #212 on: April 04, 2021, 07:22:20 pm »
It will be great to see this machine do things never imagined with it, such as behaving like a multimedia device, playing music, video or most importantly; decently emulate retro systems  :'( Great job !!!  ;) You will be able to join the list of bitt-boy clone consoles supported by your CFW. It looks great, these previews promise a lot!  ;D

KdashX

« Reply #213 on: April 27, 2021, 08:35:29 pm »

i am very happy to see this
please, update the discord link, it expired
thank you.

TriForce

• Personal Site
« Reply #214 on: May 04, 2021, 01:12:09 am »
i am very happy to see this
please, update the discord link, it expired
thank you.

the direct link is https://discord.gznetwork.com

FYI ive been busy the last weeks, so this has been slow, but some people is still helping on the keyboard mapping (thats the main thing now), also im trying to figure out whats the problem with the current uboot/kernel that makes the latest cfw not loading properly on this, an old source code we have launch correctly, so we are still working on that...

PhenomX

« Reply #215 on: June 03, 2021, 08:25:50 pm »
I am looking forward to testing this BittBoy clone with the new custom firmware  :D

The little that I have been able to test with it (with the screen inverted, with the colors in negative and without having the operating system adapted yet) I have been able to see that this console has a lot of potential.

Once the button issue and the latest firmware are saved, the project should move very quickly.

The emulation compared to the Chinese firmware is amazing.
If you know more information, we will be waiting for any new news   ;)