• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: New Handheld Game Console, cheapest!  (Read 39012 times)

kevin_yamagata

Re: New Handheld Game Console, cheapest!
« Reply #160 on: August 27, 2020, 03:52:27 pm »
I'm sorry for your mother Djvanbeat, I hope she'll be fine soon. I don't know how to use the TTL cable, because I have no experience with electronics. If anyone can take the tests, I would be grateful.

Soup42

« Reply #161 on: August 28, 2020, 03:50:38 pm »
the usb adapter, aren't you supposed to solder the usb converter to the mainboard of the q8 somehow? It's not just a socket you can plug it in right?

kevin_yamagata

« Reply #162 on: August 30, 2020, 06:59:38 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICiv1-oTzDU

Well, well, if the screen driver is ported to these systems, we will have the cheapest bittboy clones on the market.

PhenomX

« Reply #163 on: August 30, 2020, 10:09:50 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICiv1-oTzDU

Well, well, if the screen driver is ported to these systems, we will have the cheapest bittboy clones on the market.
It would be great, it seems that the firmware of these systems is somewhat improved compared to the original Q8, at least I notice that there is no longer the horrible lag in the sound. Personally I prefer the digital cross control, compared to the analog control of these versions. Being able to do more with these inexpensive consoles would be extraordinary, game ports, media player, etc. Something important is to solve as you say the configuration of the screen  ::)

Soup42

« Reply #164 on: September 01, 2020, 05:23:13 pm »

kevin_yamagata

« Reply #165 on: September 01, 2020, 06:34:43 pm »
what's with these roms: https://github.com/retrofw/retrofw.github.io/releases ?

Dont work, these systems are completely different. I Have a RetroFw device, the LDK Vertical. It has 128mb of Ram, and a ingenic JZ4060B cpu, a lot different than bittboy.

Soup42

« Reply #166 on: September 05, 2020, 06:51:30 pm »
for rotating the screen, maybe this is something: https://github.com/jamesofarrell/miyoo_kernel

It says it supports the ability to flip the screen. So if we compile it, we can use the main flip command to flip the screen right. But when i git clone the device tree, the flip text isn't found in the miyoo-defconfig file anymore.

I added a .c file for the gpu driver module. It's in c++ and i don't know what to change to get the screen flipped. Tried some things, but always white screen as a result. So we need a programmer now to alter the file so it makes an normal screen again when compiled.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 04:23:10 pm by Soup42 »

Soup42

« Reply #167 on: September 08, 2020, 11:17:52 am »
what's with these roms: https://github.com/retrofw/retrofw.github.io/releases ?

Dont work, these systems are completely different. I Have a RetroFw device, the LDK Vertical. It has 128mb of Ram, and a ingenic JZ4060B cpu, a lot different than bittboy.

Kevin, can you do something with this key logger app?

It is an SDL application. Put the files in a folder and create a link to it.

kevin_yamagata

« Reply #168 on: September 08, 2020, 12:01:38 pm »
I tested the program on my q8, the keys are still not recognized by the system.

jamespoo1

« Reply #169 on: September 11, 2020, 01:11:29 am »
for like around 8usd more or so you could get a pocket go that will be much better then this

PhenomX

« Reply #170 on: September 11, 2020, 01:12:51 pm »
for like around 8usd more or so you could get a pocket go that will be much better then this

It is possible, but I do not see the problem in trying it, it does not seem very complicated and there would be a multitude of models that could be improved, it is more than anything a personal challenge, I understand it, I am enthusiastic about the project and I encourage it to continue and If I can help with something I will :)

Soup42

« Reply #171 on: September 11, 2020, 08:42:37 pm »

It is possible, but I do not see the problem in trying it, it does not seem very complicated and there would be a multitude of models that could be improved, it is more than anything a personal challenge, I understand it, I am enthusiastic about the project and I encourage it to continue and If I can help with something I will :)

Then, go find a programmer to adapt the .c file i uploaded :) .

PhenomX

« Reply #172 on: September 12, 2020, 06:33:52 am »

Maybe it doesn't help much, and sorry for my bad English xD.
What do you think of the following assessment? If I'm wrong, I'm sorry, I do what I can :P

I have downloaded the configuration file and reviewed the screen rotation part, the configuration part writes some information on some gpio pins of the chip to configure the orientation of the screen, changing that configuration without knowledge, it seems complicated. But the creator of the configuration must know what values ​​to change since he knows how the soc f1c500s / f1c100s works.

https://www.thirtythreeforty.net/media/F1C100s_Datasheet_V1.0.pdf

It seems to be the same person who started the creation of the custom official firmware and it appears in the file, perhaps it would be possible to contact him , your contact information is as attached:

MODULE_AUTHOR ("Steward Fu <[email protected]>");

https://github.com/steward-fu/miyoo

Possibly I could solve all the doubts easily, I could even guide in the problem of adjusting the wrong colors on the screen, that is a typical problem when changing a tv lcd panel and changing a value in the tv firmware is solved, I hope kindly help us :)

If that's okay with you, could you tell him the details better?

Soup42

« Reply #173 on: September 12, 2020, 09:34:30 am »

Maybe it doesn't help much, and sorry for my bad English xD.
What do you think of the following assessment? If I'm wrong, I'm sorry, I do what I can :P

I have downloaded the configuration file and reviewed the screen rotation part, the configuration part writes some information on some gpio pins of the chip to configure the orientation of the screen, changing that configuration without knowledge, it seems complicated. But the creator of the configuration must know what values ​​to change since he knows how the soc f1c500s / f1c100s works.

https://www.thirtythreeforty.net/media/F1C100s_Datasheet_V1.0.pdf

It seems to be the same person who started the creation of the custom official firmware and it appears in the file, perhaps it would be possible to contact him , your contact information is as attached:

MODULE_AUTHOR ("Steward Fu <[email protected]>");

https://github.com/steward-fu/miyoo

Possibly I could solve all the doubts easily, I could even guide in the problem of adjusting the wrong colors on the screen, that is a typical problem when changing a tv lcd panel and changing a value in the tv firmware is solved, I hope kindly help us :)

If that's okay with you, could you tell him the details better?

Isn't the direction maked out here:
  if(flip){
       gpio_wr_dat(0xB0); //screen direction //0x70 for 3.5, 0xB0 for pg
    } else {
       gpio_wr_dat(0x70); //screen direction //0x70 for 3.5, 0xB0 for pg
    }

it stands twice in the .c file. So maybe we just have to twice change the direction to pg?

PhenomX

« Reply #174 on: September 12, 2020, 06:42:25 pm »
Yes, but if you have already changed it and it does not work, there may be parameters that may have to be changed at other points, and I do not know exactly how to get that information, so ask this person or someone who knows him ::)

#endif
  case MIYOO_FB0_SET_FLIP:
    flip = (bool)arg;
    writel(0x11111110, iomm.gpio + PD_CFG0);
    writel(0x11111101, iomm.gpio + PD_CFG1);
    writel(0x00111111, iomm.gpio + PD_CFG2);
    writel(0xffffffff, iomm.gpio + PD_DATA);
    mdelay(50);
    gpio_wr_cmd(0x28);
    mdelay(250);
    gpio_wr_cmd(0x36);
    if(flip){
       gpio_wr_dat(0xB0); //screen direction //0x70 for 3.5, 0xB0 for pg
    } else {
       gpio_wr_dat(0x70); //screen direction //0x70 for 3.5, 0xB0 for pg
    }

As I read to you before, you have only been able to rotate text but not the menus, and in some cases you have not been able to obtain an output image, it is clear that there are some parameters that we do not change correctly.

Although a little information is missing, there is a lot of work done, and it takes less to see the light :o

Come on! who is encouraged to give a little help! :)

Soup42

« Reply #175 on: September 14, 2020, 06:38:02 am »
I guess the .c file before this post, is the wrong one. It's for bittboy 3 not for bittboy 2.
Ok, so i uploaded the .c file for the bittboy 2. Tried flipping the screen, i either got first garbled then upside down screen, or just garbled completely.

Seems like something is overriding the flip command.

OK, so i wrote an email to Steward Fu. He answered quick. Can't make much out of it though:

Hi,
thanks for your email :)

in panel_init(), switch miyoo_ver, case 2:
  gpio_wr_cmd(0x36);
  gpio_wr_dat(0x70); // 0xb0 rotate screen

you can also check st7789v datasheet for this command :)
thanks

Best regards
Steward
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 10:11:37 am by Soup42 »

PhenomX

Re: ˇNueva consola de juegos portátil, más barata!
« Reply #176 on: September 15, 2020, 03:26:40 pm »
I guess the .c file before this post, is the wrong one. It's for bittboy 3 not for bittboy 2.
Ok, so i uploaded the .c file for the bittboy 2. Tried flipping the screen, i either got first garbled then upside down screen, or just garbled completely.

OK, so i wrote an email to Steward Fu. He answered quick. Can't make much out of it though:

Hi,

gpio_wr_cmd(0x36);

thanks

Best regards
Steward

I hope you have luck with the file 61520fb.c.txt that you comment, I have found the latest revision of the datasheet that Steward refers to, at least the most current I have found.

https://wiki.pine64.org/images/5/54/ST7789V_v1.6.pdf

On sheet 125 there is some information regarding orientation, however the information in this manual should be taken with care, since the two consoles are not exactly the same panel and they may not be completely compatible.

It is unbelievable that little effort on the part of the manufacturer to help develop for their "open source" console.

Thank you very much for all the work you are doing.

Soup42

Re: ˇNueva consola de juegos portátil, más barata!
« Reply #177 on: September 15, 2020, 05:29:27 pm »

Hi,

gpio_wr_cmd(0x36);

thanks

Best regards
Steward

I hope you have luck with the file 61520fb.c.txt that you comment, I have found the latest revision of the datasheet that Steward refers to, at least the most current I have found.

https://wiki.pine64.org/images/5/54/ST7789V_v1.6.pdf

On sheet 125 there is some information regarding orientation, however the information in this manual should be taken with care, since the two consoles are not exactly the same panel and they may not be completely compatible.

It is unbelievable that little effort on the part of the manufacturer to help develop for their "open source" console.

Thank you very much for all the work you are doing.

Thanks! We are looking for the MADCTR ML=0: command. So in case 2 of the .c file, there should be either a 0 or a 3 written somewhere. In the pdf you linked to, it says binary 00 or 11, so that means hexadecimal 0 or 3 value. In the .c file in case 2 (bittboy v2), it says a gpio_wr_cmd(0x??); followed by a gpio_wr_dat(0x??); command, the wr_cmd is probaby the director to a register, the wr_dat is probably what is written to that register as a value. One register should be for the placing/rotating of the screen.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 05:54:02 pm by Soup42 »

Soup42

« Reply #178 on: September 17, 2020, 12:00:51 pm »
I tested the program on my q8, the keys are still not recognized by the system.

@kevin_yamagata can you do this on the q8? dmesg > /mnt/log.txt ? And upload the log.txt here?

*ok, so i created the log.txt. I also tried to get the keycode of the 'Y' button. It doesn't get detected though.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 07:17:41 pm by Soup42 »

Soup42

« Reply #179 on: September 19, 2020, 03:02:27 pm »
the keys/buttons are defined in the miyoo .kbd file.

#define IN_L1   ((32 * 2) + 1)
#define IN_R1   ((32 * 2) + 2)
#define IN_L2   ((32 * 4) + 0)
#define IN_R2   ((32 * 2) + 3)
#define OUT_1   ((32 * 4) + 7)
#define OUT_2   ((32 * 4) + 8)
#define OUT_3   ((32 * 4) + 9)
#define IN_1    ((32 * 4) + 2)
#define IN_2    ((32 * 4) + 3)
#define IN_3    ((32 * 4) + 4)
#define IN_4    ((32 * 4) + 5)
#define IN_A    ((32 * 3) + 0)
#define IN_TA   ((32 * 3) + 9)
#define IN_B    ((32 * 0) + 3)
#define IN_TB   ((32 * 2) + 0)
#define IN_MENU ((32 * 4) + 1)

as:
#define IN_A ((32 * PORT) + PIN)

So the port and pinnumbers are per button.

https://github.com/MiyooCFW/kernel/blob/master/drivers/input/keyboard/miyoo_kbd.c

port and pinnumber: gpio
https://docplayer.net/145603969-Allwinner-f1c500-datasheet.html

@kevin_yamagata how did you manage to use the buttons on the q8? Cause no button is responding on my device.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 01:47:00 pm by Soup42 »

Post a new topic