• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: New FC3000 8 in 1 - Decent emulation  (Read 18663 times)

helpman

Re: New FC3000 8 in 1 - Decent emulation
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2021, 02:01:12 pm »
Hello! I just registered so I could reply here :D
Some friends advised me to buy this console, and I received it today! It's the sdcard-on-the-battery one.

I downloaded that romset you shared on earlier posts here, but there's something...
The sd that arrived with mine does have a SFC folder with some roms. (both on images and on roms folder)
I tried them with a windows emulator and inded are SNES roms, but they won't show on the FC3000, with or without the fake cartridge.

Maybe the seller just added a bunch of roms, I don't know why are they inside the sd card ?

02k0 (OP)

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2021, 05:18:35 pm »
Hello! I just registered so I could reply here :D
Some friends advised me to buy this console, and I received it today! It's the sdcard-on-the-battery one.

I downloaded that romset you shared on earlier posts here, but there's something...
The sd that arrived with mine does have a SFC folder with some roms. (both on images and on roms folder)
I tried them with a windows emulator and inded are SNES roms, but they won't show on the FC3000, with or without the fake cartridge.

Maybe the seller just added a bunch of roms, I don't know why are they inside the sd card ?
I believe that in a few months there will be a third version of the FC3000.  It does not yet emulate SNES because they probably did not compile the Emulator.  I have the first version and the 6 action buttons don't work for Megadrive and CPS1.

Losk

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2021, 04:50:54 pm »
Finally received mine today. :) It's the model with the SD card slot under the battery.

I wanted to update the ROM collection (thanks a lot to Sepsism for all the work and jamespoo1 for the update!) and used the Mega.nz link. Unpacked and copied everything to the root of my SD card. The FC3000 turns on (green LED) but the screen stays black. Same effect with or without cartridge inserted. If I use only the cartridge without the SD it boots up but the ROM folders are all empty obviously.

I've even unzipped all the ROMs except for CPS1 because I saw it was like this on the original 2GB SD card. And on top of that I've converted all Megadrive files to .bin.

I'm using a 4GB micro SD freshly formatted to FAT32. Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

Felan

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2021, 03:56:10 pm »
Finally received mine today. :) It's the model with the SD card slot under the battery.

I wanted to update the ROM collection (thanks a lot to Sepsism for all the work and jamespoo1 for the update!) and used the Mega.nz link. Unpacked and copied everything to the root of my SD card. The FC3000 turns on (green LED) but the screen stays black. Same effect with or without cartridge inserted. If I use only the cartridge without the SD it boots up but the ROM folders are all empty obviously.

I've even unzipped all the ROMs except for CPS1 because I saw it was like this on the original 2GB SD card. And on top of that I've converted all Megadrive files to .bin.

I'm using a 4GB micro SD freshly formatted to FAT32. Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

I used Sepsism's provided DL link to began with, pretty much just copy paste the content to the root of the SD card, you only need to move the folders around to match the 2nd version FC3000 (SD card under battery) content's original location and all work well, don't have any issue in playing or loading the roms mostly here.

PS: I didn't unzip nor convert any megadrive files here either, it just load fine and plays like usual.

Addin: by downloading jamespoo1 DL and compare with Sepsism's DL myself, do notice some differences had been made here for jamespoo1 ver. Some things are fixed (like nes roms) but something are being left out without noticing (like rom name different with image after unzip and not fix), something isn't there for the 2nd version FC3000 (sd under battery) content's file have being added as well, so..., does these changes cause issue or not I'm not sure, but it's better to double check or compare them yourself if you can.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 05:18:15 pm by Felan »

Losk

« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2021, 09:25:29 am »
Thank you very much, Felan.

I've solved it. The problem was a faulty micro SD card.  ::) Tried it with another one and jamespoo1's compilation works just fine now.  :)

Post a new topic