Author Topic: New (much) improved Bittboy on Presale  (Read 40615 times)

Great Crippler

Re: New (much) improved Bittboy on Presale
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2019, 04:17:32 am »
Will it be possible to install the CFW on the 2nd revision (with the 1:1 GB scaling) without opening it?
Yes, steward-fu just got his 2nd revision unit and he told me that those units won't even require flashing to the SPI chip.
All you need to do is to flash a firmware image to the sd card.

I assume you still have to open the unit and ground the wire for this?

baka-neko

« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2019, 02:54:25 pm »
Yes, steward-fu just got his 2nd revision unit and he told me that those units won't even require flashing to the SPI chip.
All you need to do is to flash a firmware image to the sd card.

Awesome. Thanks!

Great Crippler

« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2019, 12:45:01 am »
Just digging through the new posts on Jutley's website. I guess I need to get on Discord to get the Beta for my V2? exciting stuff!

Edit: That seems to be the case. Playing with it now. :-P

Edit 2: Well I have the CFW booted, but I can't figure out how to mount this to add roms. LoL

Edit 3: Just wasn't playing well with my Win 7 PC at work. Got it loaded up from home. Can't wait to see what comes of this. Already very nice.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 06:39:59 am by Great Crippler »

chevette

« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2019, 04:55:15 pm »
I am enjoying the BittBoy Ver2. Installed CFW_V2_Beta_20190306 yesterday and that really make this little handheld so much better. The only problem I'm having is getting the GNGEO (NeoGeo) emulator to work. It opens but when I point to the ROMS folder, it does not find any ROMS. I have the NEOGEO.zip (BIOS) in the ROMS folder. Anyone have any luck with this????

adventureFAN

« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2019, 02:23:01 pm »
Whats about the Turbo-buttons? Is it possible to map L+R to the Turbo-buttons for GBA-emulation? Or a C-Button for Mega Drive?
My Handhelds: PS Vita, PSP (1000), New 3DS, NDS lite, GBA SP, GB Micro,
LCL Pi-Boy 3A+, GPD XD (Old), PowKiddy X18, RG350, PlayGo, GKD350H.

Favorite: Odroid Go Advance

chevette

« Reply #86 on: March 08, 2019, 05:31:50 pm »
Yes, buttons can remapped through setting in the emulators. The only one I couldn't remap was the SNES emulator. Also no L-R buttons. The NEOGEO emulator doesn't work (I can't get it to work) but everything else looks good. GBA shoulder buttons can be remapped too. Pretty cool device!!

Chex

• Chex Plays Games
« Reply #87 on: March 09, 2019, 04:35:20 pm »
Is it worth upgrading from Retromini to Bittboy?
YOU GONNA GET CHEX'D
DS Phat | GenMobile | FC-16 Go | JXD S5110 | JXD S7300 | Retromini

lemmywinks (OP)

« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2019, 04:20:00 pm »
Anybody else had a problem with a dodgy charging port? Just had to resolder mine as it came right off the board, was barely any solder on the contacts and not much on the posts either, not had any rough treatment as I've always been careful with it, just plugged in a cable as normal and it sheered off completely.
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, PlayGo, RS-90, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket c/w screen mod, PSP Go
PC:
ASUS TUF, Medion Erazer, Toshiba Z20t, Dell Mini 9, Psion 5MX, Toshiba 3480ct
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

VanZan

« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2019, 06:18:41 pm »
Had the same problem with the previous Bittboy (the one without sd card support). Hardly used it and went to charge it one day and the whole thing came away.

Great Crippler

« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2019, 07:56:40 pm »
@chevette  The Neo Geo emulator works.

@everyone else.

In general, it's a really cheaply made unit. For the price, it's nice to have something this small with a CFW... That said, build quality on this thing is really bad. I keep hoping for a CFW release on the RS-90.

lemmywinks (OP)

« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2019, 09:59:09 pm »
Even on cheap devices there is usually a post either side of the USB port which goes through the board, on this it is just attached to the surface with a tiny bit of solder. Can't believe it lasted this long as it looks so flimsy, when it goes again I'll put some hot glue behind it, this might be a good preventative measure tbh.

I used one of those cheap $3 USB powered irons because I couldn't be bothered setting my main iron and power supply up for a 2 minute job, they're surprisingly good!
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, PlayGo, RS-90, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket c/w screen mod, PSP Go
PC:

VanZan

« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2019, 12:38:21 am »
I used one of those cheap $3 USB powered irons because I couldn't be bothered setting my main iron and power supply up for a 2 minute job, they're surprisingly good!

I'm being lazy but link please? :)

davidgilmour

« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2019, 09:59:36 am »
Is it worth upgrading from Retromini to Bittboy?

Yes, I would like to see a 1:1 comparison betweeen the RS-97 and the new Bittboy too.
Do the games run almost the same as on the much faster RS -97 ?

lemmywinks (OP)

« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2019, 06:11:04 pm »

Seem to be more like $5 now but still a good deal, got mine on sale from Banggood IIRC but their prices are higher at the moment. Spare tips on eBay are a couple of $.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Portable-USB-5V-8W-Electric-Powered-Soldering-Iron-Pen-Tip-Touch-Switch-UP/252699637872?epid=2080277719&hash=item3ad6127870:g:fPEAAOSwjDZYY3Co

I thought this would be barely usable but it actually works very well, heats up and cools down really quickly too. I have a TS100 which is great but something that just plugs into a USB port and has no controls is more convenient.
Handhelds:
PC:

VanZan

« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2019, 09:01:11 pm »

Seem to be more like $5 now but still a good deal, got mine on sale from Banggood IIRC but their prices are higher at the moment. Spare tips on eBay are a couple of $.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Portable-USB-5V-8W-Electric-Powered-Soldering-Iron-Pen-Tip-Touch-Switch-UP/252699637872?epid=2080277719&hash=item3ad6127870:g:fPEAAOSwjDZYY3Co

I thought this would be barely usable but it actually works very well, heats up and cools down really quickly too. I have a TS100 which is great but something that just plugs into a USB port and has no controls is more convenient.

Thank you.

jackal27

« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2019, 09:18:44 pm »
I just ordered one these. Couldn't pass it up for $34. If I don't love it I can always just gift it my little brother or a friend who isn't as picky.

How is the Dpad? I heard some negative things about Rev 1, but haven't anything about Rev 2's inputs. If the Dpad is poor, has anyone tried a mod yet? I've Googled around, but haven't found anything.

ADY

« Reply #97 on: March 17, 2019, 01:00:17 am »
How is the Dpad? I heard some negative things about Rev 1, but haven't anything about Rev 2's inputs.
I have rev 1 and 2. Rev 1 for me is far and away the better d-pad, it works perfectly, rev 2 s the same but it creaks loudly. I tried switching them but Rev 2 still creaked, it's infuriating like someone is breaking peanut shells with every diagonal. I wish I new how to fix it.

Tokyudo

« Reply #98 on: March 17, 2019, 01:25:17 am »
I just ordered one these. Couldn't pass it up for $34. If I don't love it I can always just gift it my little brother or a friend who isn't as picky.

How is the Dpad? I heard some negative things about Rev 1, but haven't anything about Rev 2's inputs. If the Dpad is poor, has anyone tried a mod yet? I've Googled around, but haven't found anything.

D-Pad is both clicky and squishy, pretty cheap build all around but what do you expect for $40. My up direction is a little squshy but the other directions click nicely. The diagonals can be sketchy while playing certain games, feels like it wants to stick a little.

Jutleys

« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2019, 01:42:30 pm »
removed
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 05:16:38 am by Jutleys »

Post a new topic