Author Topic: Linx Vision 8" Gaming Windows Tablet  (Read 21296 times)

10basetom

• tohodo.com
Re: Linx Vision 8" Gaming Windows Tablet
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2016, 01:22:15 am »
I may skip it and buy that jxd pc everyone is talking about.

JXD PC? 0_o ... The only new Chinese gaming PC-ish device I've heard about is the GPD Win.

LordDavon

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2016, 03:50:32 am »
I may skip it and buy that jxd pc everyone is talking about.

JXD PC? 0_o ... The only new Chinese gaming PC-ish device I've heard about is the GPD Win.

JXD Singularity S192

LordDavon

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2016, 03:52:20 am »
Thank you for the update.  The d-pad is upsetting.  I was hoping to use it for indie 8 bit looking games.  I may skip it and buy that jxd pc everyone is talking about.

Honestly, it has really bad controllers.  The triggers are terribly placed, and there is a bit of play in the joysticks.  I like the tablet portion of the device, but I don't think I'm really all that impressed with this thing.  I'd rather get a different tablet and use my iPega 9023 with it.

10basetom

• tohodo.com
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2016, 06:32:14 am »
JXD Singularity S192

Ahh...that one. Too bad it's Android :(.

alslayer

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2016, 06:51:58 am »
Sorry, I was thinking of the GPD Win.  I have a Nvidia Shield Tablet and I realized that I am not much of an Android gamer.  I also realized how import an attached controller is.  So I have been looking at Windows devices.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 06:54:32 am by alslayer »

10basetom

• tohodo.com
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2016, 04:27:27 pm »
Sorry, I was thinking of the GPD Win.  I have a Nvidia Shield Tablet and I realized that I am not much of an Android gamer.  I also realized how import an attached controller is.  So I have been looking at Windows devices.

Same here. I'm Androided out...looking for a good small Windows 10 device to play around with. I'm still on the fence about the Vision 8: some folks love the controls, others don't. I guess the best way to find out is to try it for myself, but unfortunately shipping to Asia is prohibitive for me.

LordDavon

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2016, 04:27:47 pm »

I have the Nvidia Shield Tablet also.  I use it with the iPega 9023.  It's my favorite portable gaming device right now.  But, I have a desktop with a GTX970, so I can use it for streaming/gaming.  I also subscribe to Geforce Now.

LordDavon

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2016, 04:29:39 pm »
Same here. I'm Androided out...looking for a good small Windows 10 device to play around with. I'm still on the fence about the Vision 8: some folks love the controls, others don't. I guess the best way to find out is to try it for myself, but unfortunately shipping to Asia is prohibitive for me.

I have the Cube i7 coming today... according to the tracking.  If it fits the iPega 9023, it should be a great gaming device.  It's not Atom based, so I expect a bit more power. :-)

10basetom

• tohodo.com
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2016, 04:48:46 pm »
I have the Cube i7 coming today... according to the tracking.  If it fits the iPega 9023, it should be a great gaming device.  It's not Atom based, so I expect a bit more power. :-)

One thing I like about the Vision tablet is that the controls are hardwired, so no possible Bluetooth lag or connection hassles.

LordDavon

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2016, 07:53:33 pm »
I gave my nephew the Vision 8 for his 20th b-day, and he was playing Doom in the living room with it.  He just loved it.  I couldn't stand the controls, but they fit his hands better.

I gave my 27 year old nephew a Surface Pro 3 (Core i7, 256GB) for his graduation though.  His mother (my sister) wanted one really bad, and I didn't realize that.  My sister was out for blood!  lol...

suikoden82

« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2016, 05:05:47 am »
Is it possible to setup and play with this vision 8 if you are not a xbox one owner? Can I add emulators like a regular pc?

AceGrace

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2016, 11:35:03 am »
Yes,

It runs windows 10 as normal.

redlemon

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2016, 11:32:12 am »
Got one of these second hand recently and I was pleasantly surprised with it. It's quite heavy so I only really play it in bed but it seems to work quite well. I tired playing cave story and the dpad wasn't that bad despite feeling odd.