Author Topic: Game boy Advance SP EXEQ GameBox (GBA clone + emulator)  (Read 13844 times)

lemmywinks

Re: Game boy Advance SP EXEQ GameBox (GBA clone + emulator)
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2011, 11:15:07 pm »
Haha I remember the original one, I ended up fitting an afterburner light to mine which illuminated the screen from the top just behind the LCD IIRC. Of course just after I'd spent all that money and time the SP was announced...

For me the SP is the best handheld ever made, the best combination of design, portability and quality of games (obv including GB/GBC). In fact I like it so much I replaced all the casing on mine when it got battered through overuse! If mine broke I'd replace it straight away.

Not a bad Master System emulator either, surprisingly Castlevania 4 works under the Snes emulator too along with about 3 other games!
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, Pap KIII-Plus, RS-97, RS-90, New Bittboy, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket, PSP Go,
PC:
HP Envy M6, Acer 522, Dell Mini 9
Psion 5 & 5MX
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

bigdavebear

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2011, 01:44:30 pm »
Yes it was a great design ahead of its time, which gave way to the DS systems only the SP was better built the hinge was stronger  than in the DS MK1 and Lite the hinge can break more easy.

I also used my SP to emulate SMS, in fact most NDS Emulators that first apeared was just GBA ports.

Great system wish i never sold mine, but got rid to get a DS MK1 a few years back now, i think the design of the SP would do no harm in a chinese knock off, a system that looks simular to the GBA SP but with 4 buttons and the power of say a Caanoo would really make a great alternative to the Dingoo A320 i would also prefer the clam design ;)

Amstari

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2011, 11:45:46 am »
I'm considering getting one (or maybe two) of these for my kids. Although they have a DSi and a Leapster Explorer they still play my Dingoo A320 and most of the games they play are GBA games.

Is the volume controlled by hardware or software?

I also had the original GBA and the the GBA SP which I sold. I still regret selling the SP it was a great handheld.

obscurehandhelds

• Obscure Handhelds
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2011, 10:01:05 am »
YOU SAY:
but it looks to at least have the Dingoo beat on the systems it does emulate.

but THEY SAID:
Included in the firmware are some ?experimental? emulators for some old consoles and handhelds. I say experimental because these are still in development, and with the handful of games I tested performance was average.

so who should i believe? i'll take a huuuuge leap of faith -more like common sense- and after reading about the internal specs of this machine, i can confidently reply to your assertion "have the Dingoo beat on the systems it does emulate" with a "lol, no"

if what you wanted to tell us was that a hardware clone outperforms an emulator, well, DUH  ::)

I was going by what I saw in the video. The crazy amount of options available (cheats, [partial] support for SGB borders, linked multiplayer, etc.) are more in line with PC's emulators than what you get with the Dingoo's (native) emulators.

Of course, if you factor in everything a Dingoo can do (especially the emulators in Dingux), Dingoo wins by a mile.

the gba side of it is not emulated, it is native. that's why things like homebrew and multiplayer work. for the rest of the supoported consoles it is relying on emulation. those emulators look to be ported from open source and as i said, are not the final builds. the emulators aren't as good as those available for the dingoo under dingux yet, and may never be, but the emulators are to be seen as an added bonus. the purpose of the machine is flawless gba gaming with tv output.

what they've accomplished on the gba side is nothing short of a work of genius imo. i only hope they'll allow for some community development to really let this thing shine.

if there are games you'd like to see tested on the machine, please post on the blog and i'll make a demo of them in action. i'm confident that any game you want to see will work perfectly.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 10:03:29 am by gibberish »

Foscor

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2012, 09:56:34 am »
Hi there, here comes a new appearance for that machine
The design version is like this

The actual version is like this.

But please notice this one is just for the engineering usage, the commercial version could be much better looking than that

And even here is the poster

« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 10:07:15 am by Foscor »

1wiierdguy

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2012, 10:40:03 am »
I get the whole sp clone thing. I don't get the gemei A330 like case. If the point is perfectly recreating the Gba. They should have cloned the first Gba shell. That design with a proper backlit LCD would be great.

lemmywinks

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2012, 11:45:21 am »
GBA SP clamshell case >>>>>>>>>> Generic PMP knock-off case.

Would put me right off buying one tbh.
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, Pap KIII-Plus, RS-97, RS-90, New Bittboy, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket, PSP Go,
PC:
HP Envy M6, Acer 522, Dell Mini 9
Psion 5 & 5MX
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

bigdavebear

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2012, 04:00:50 pm »
Looks pretty much like the Dingoo A320 with better shoulder buttons.

As far as SP knock offs go, if say thye orginal makers of the A320 made say a A320SP which was basically the GBA SP Clam but with 4 buttons i think that would have made a nice little system. I like the clam as it prevents scratches etc.

Post a new topic