Author Topic: FC3000 Linux Porting from Scratch  (Read 44046 times)

2blackbar

Re: FC3000 Linux Porting from Scratch
« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2021, 03:41:56 pm »
Did even 1 person install opendinguq on FC3000 and managed to copy anything on it , roms and opk files ?
How?

Losk

« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2021, 09:03:35 pm »
I did. Using the image from Stewart_FU I had 2 drives on my card: "FC3000" with around 250 MB. And the "OD" drive.

As I used a 32GB Micro SD there was a lot of alocated storage space. So I've expanded the "OD" drive with Partition Magic and copied roms and game data over. Everything worked fine. I just couldn't expand the "FC3000" drive space unfortunately. Maybe because I didn't dare to use the X or Y button in the boot menu.

I did this on a FC3000 with IPS display.

My FC3000 with TFT display seems bricked though as described a few posts above. Machine powers on but screen stays black.

Gesendet von meinem moto g(8) power mit Tapatalk

2blackbar

« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2021, 12:18:03 pm »
I did that right away first time but still couldnt see second partition but now i know what the issues is - 8GB card !
IT simplt ydoesnt work with card thats below 16GB, it has to be that or more, 8GB cards dont work with this img file and second partition is not visible.
Now i can see second partition when im using 16GB.
If only this was pointed out... oh well, im glad i found a way.Now ill copy all the games and programs.
Thanks for helping.
Maybe if img file would be slimmed down then it would work with 8gb cards.
As for your brick, i had that too !
TRy to download installer img for v1 and v2, and choose different card, some of my cards did not boot installer menus, others did, im pretty sure its not bricked.
When you install V2 and it runs then you know its not bricked.
Mine was in a state that it would not run default os without any card, so it looked like bricked, but it still ran installer for v1 v2 but with a card that i know worked before.
https://github.com/steward-fu/fc3000/releases/tag/v1.0
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 12:23:04 pm by 2blackbar »

Nelugamer

« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2021, 01:12:47 pm »

Sorry??? Are you using the Steward opendingux image on an IPS version? How???

Are you sure that you have the IPS version? The black screen problem when writing the v2 firmware happens only in IPS version.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 01:18:43 pm by Nelugamer »

2blackbar

« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2021, 03:02:29 pm »
Looks like i was happy too soon, when i finished extending second partition it disappeared, there must be something else, maybe its win7 and win10 difference that wont let me do this normally

Ok found the reason, so this is not possible to do on win7, just win10
https://superuser.com/questions/400560/windows-7-doesnt-recognize-second-partition-on-removable-disk

--
FOUND SOLUTION  ;D
Just open diskgenius, mark first partition (FC3000) as logical(convert to logical) then you can convert second one OB1 to primary and it will be visible on Win7, copy all the files/roms and apps, and revert the process so FC is primary again

How i can exit FBA ? Where i can setup my own buttons ?
Wow, fighting force on ps1 works fullspeed and no frameskip  ;D ah but its only with 1 enemy, with more you must frameskip
tekken3 is about 20fps
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 05:44:22 pm by 2blackbar »

Nelugamer

« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2021, 09:06:23 pm »
Looks like i was happy too soon, when i finished extending second partition it disappeared, there must be something else, maybe its win7 and win10 difference that wont let me do this normally

Ok found the reason, so this is not possible to do on win7, just win10
https://superuser.com/questions/400560/windows-7-doesnt-recognize-second-partition-on-removable-disk

--
FOUND SOLUTION  ;D
Just open diskgenius, mark first partition (FC3000) as logical(convert to logical) then you can convert second one OB1 to primary and it will be visible on Win7, copy all the files/roms and apps, and revert the process so FC is primary again

How i can exit FBA ? Where i can setup my own buttons ?
Wow, fighting force on ps1 works fullspeed and no frameskip  ;D ah but its only with 1 enemy, with more you must frameskip
tekken3 is about 20fps

You have to use diskgenius or partition magic always to perform these actions on this kind of partitions

2blackbar

« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2021, 09:54:34 pm »
I tested dingux and all emus and came to the conclusion that ill be using stock firmware, the reason is dingux has emulators that arent otptimized for this handheld and lowpower cpus (it has 700mhz cpu)
So snes emu in dingux for exxample runs at 30fps or even less with some games, while stock fc3000 emulator for snes runs the same game at 60fps.
FBA cant be exited so thats a bummer , its also using different romset from mame4all so one romset for neogeo and cps1/2/3 wont suffice.
Overall mame4all and all these 4all emus arent optimized at all 4 anything, their perfomance is quite bad on low cpu devices, but if you have better cpu and no choice then sure, theyre good.
So overall, its cool to see what dingux can run on this device but if speed is your concern - just stay with stock emu.
CPS2 runs fine but only in FBA on dingux which wont let you exit, have to restart console.
mame4all is quite choppy with a lot of neogeo games that run silky smooth on stock.
Maybe if it would had better snes emu and FBA that would let me exit then i would keep it.
Does anyone know if theres some update to FBA or way to edit keyboard config? from what i see config is create after you run the game and theres no default config for all, you have to edit config yourself for every game.
pico8 wont run png files at all, it just exits, theres two snes emus, one exits afte you run it without showing any roms, second one is slow.
nes is fine, megadrive is fine, so in the end you kinda are worse off than on original stock OS.
PS1 is a cool gimmick but not really playable with lot of games.
openbor if very old, and it chops the game into 4:3 rectangle , sometimes you see only 1/4 of the view.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 09:56:40 pm by 2blackbar »

riviery

« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2021, 09:48:52 pm »
I also found many issues on OD running on FC3000 and ended up staying in stock v2 firmware. I hope someday they release a v3 firmware with GBA support, and then it will be my daily driver. I really like the device, and with some simple mods on buttons and D-pad, it perfectly suits my needs.

riviery

« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2021, 09:52:02 pm »
There's some way to put the FC3000 in ADB or any sort of USB/debug mode?

Losk

« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2021, 06:31:47 pm »
Deleted - double post.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 06:35:13 pm by Losk »

Losk

« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2021, 06:33:22 pm »

Are you sure that you have the IPS version? The black screen problem when writing the v2 firmware happens only in IPS version.

I wrote Steward's image to micro sd with windisk imager. I never saw the boot menu screen on the TFT version. Even after using different cards. On IPS it worked on first try.

I am sure it is the TFT one because I bought this particular FC3000 months before I heard about the IPS version. And in direct comparison to my second (IPS) one the screen of my first FC3000 was much darker and even had a bit of ghosting. So I wanted to upgrade the older one first and as it seems bricked it while trying.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 05:34:00 am by Losk »

2blackbar

« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2021, 09:45:42 pm »
Anyone knows how to install retroarch on this dingux ? Other consoles have tutorials that have apks folder where you put opk file ,but here we dont have that.
http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/dingux/mips32/

Losk

« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2021, 09:50:33 pm »
pico8 wont run png files at all, it just exits

Some of the early pico8 games do actually work: Celeste, Alone in Pico, Alien Breed, Battleman Towerkill, Breakout Hero, Cave Runners to name a few. The older the better the chance.

If anyone is interested: you can start with the oldest pico8 releases on page 165 and browse up to 120 or see how much that is newer still works:

https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?cat=7#sub=2&page=165

I agree in what you said about some OD emulators. SNES performance on the stock system is incredible and haven't noticed any problems with the other emulators either.

What I like to use OD on the FC3000 for are the more rare emulators like C64 or games and ports like Doom which are not covered by the stock system. It's great to have the choice - thanks to Steward_Fu!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 05:56:03 am by Losk »

blackz1982

« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2021, 10:19:49 pm »
Anyone knows how to install retroarch on this dingux ? Other consoles have tutorials that have apks folder where you put opk file ,but here we dont have that.
http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/dingux/mips32/
It is not dingux or opendingux. In this console, arm processor, not mips.

Отправлено с моего HRY-LX1 через Tapatalk

2blackbar

« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2021, 08:40:53 am »
I played on gamesir x2 and phone again and its just much better experience, imo not worth the hassle to buy these small handhelds with lowcpus even for like 30$ .
id prefere to pay 120$ and get decent pixel2 phone used, will play allnpsp games and gamesir will serve me wit all future phones.
I thought having small handheld like this would be nice but its just not enough when my phone gives me so much more  for a bit more money.

Nelugamer

« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2021, 12:29:58 pm »

I wrote Steward's image to micro sd with windisk imager. I never saw the boot menu screen on the TFT version. Even after using different cards. On IPS it worked on first try.

I am sure it is the TFT one because I bought this particular FC3000 months before I heard about the IPS version. And in direct comparison to my second (IPS) one the screen of my first FC3000 was much darker and even had a bit of ghosting. So I wanted to upgrade the older one first and as it seems bricked it while trying.

Now I can't understand nothing... I made the same and is not working on my IPS console... That's absolutelly crazy...

Me mad...  ???

Losk

« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2021, 06:05:34 pm »

Now I can't understand nothing... I made the same and is not working on my IPS console... That's absolutelly crazy...

Me mad...  ???

Sorry to hear that. I just did as I wrote. Maybe there are more than 2 types of screens in circulation and your IPS and my TFT brick are driver related.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 06:09:58 pm by Losk »

Nelugamer

« Reply #97 on: July 22, 2021, 03:11:40 pm »
Maybe... What a strange device...

2blackbar

« Reply #98 on: October 27, 2021, 11:55:02 am »
Did someone managed to install retroarch on this ? Let us know if theres a way to do that and whats the snes, ps1 and arcade performance

jamespoo1

« Reply #99 on: October 30, 2021, 10:54:09 am »
hi i used win 32 disk imager to flash 4gb sd card with v2 software and get black screen does this mean my device is not supported?