Author Topic: FC3000 Linux Porting from Scratch  (Read 37237 times)

2blackbar

Re: FC3000 Linux Porting from Scratch
« Reply #100 on: November 01, 2021, 12:56:12 am »
no, try other cards, i had it happen too

myuserdontwork

« Reply #101 on: November 24, 2021, 08:22:48 pm »
I ended up flashing the WIP firmware without backing up the og firmware, could someone send me an image of their sd card?

aoa

« Reply #102 on: December 02, 2021, 11:29:14 pm »
Hi mate,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for sharing the amazing job you are doing with this console.

Secondly, I've tried flashing the image on several different microSD cards (including the same 8GB Sandisk you used) and after insert them into the FC3000 and turn it on I get a black screen. I used Balena Etcher and Win32 Disk Imager under windows 10 64bits.

Finally, I don't know if I need to use a linux distro to flash the SD or if I'm missing any steep or boot installation. I 'd really appreciate if you could please give me a hand with this.

Thanks again.

UPDATE: After messing around with different cards I decided to try a different card reader. This time it worked! I was able to upgrade my V1 firmware to V2! It seems the card reader I was using first time started to fail and finally died in action (That why I tried a new one).  :o :-[

I used a Sandisk Ultra Micro SDHC I class 10 8GB, the one in red and grey. I flashed it with Win32 Disk Imager under windows 10 64bits and no problems.

Now I just need to figure out what the heck are the .WST files for SNK emulator.

And again, thank you very much for your work Steward_Fu.

Good ! if you need original v1/v2 stock microsd, here is https://github.com/steward-fu/fc3000/releases/tag/v1.0
After figure out .WST, please share with me, thanks :)

News about WST files coming soon...  :D
Should be nice to have OpenDingux source code for TFT version in order that some one can try to port to the IPS version.

Losk

« Reply #103 on: December 23, 2021, 05:15:24 pm »
Hi mate,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for sharing the amazing job you are doing with this console.

Secondly, I've tried flashing the image on several different microSD cards (including the same 8GB Sandisk you used) and after insert them into the FC3000 and turn it on I get a black screen. I used Balena Etcher and Win32 Disk Imager under windows 10 64bits.

Finally, I don't know if I need to use a linux distro to flash the SD or if I'm missing any steep or boot installation. I 'd really appreciate if you could please give me a hand with this.

Thanks again.

UPDATE: After messing around with different cards I decided to try a different card reader. This time it worked! I was able to upgrade my V1 firmware to V2! It seems the card reader I was using first time started to fail and finally died in action (That why I tried a new one).  :o :-[

I used a Sandisk Ultra Micro SDHC I class 10 8GB, the one in red and grey. I flashed it with Win32 Disk Imager under windows 10 64bits and no problems.

Now I just need to figure out what the heck are the .WST files for SNK emulator.

Good ! if you need original v1/v2 stock microsd, here is https://github.com/steward-fu/fc3000/releases/tag/v1.0

Should be nice to have OpenDingux source code for TFT version in order that some one can try to port to the IPS version.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 08:54:51 pm by Losk »

stafall

« Reply #104 on: January 07, 2022, 07:05:33 am »
Can i ask something about crash game? ..When i play any Super Bomberman ( all version SB 2-3-4-5..made by Hudsonsoft) ..it will be crash or black screen when i play about 1-2 min. I play it on Family Pocket FC3000 v2. Someone help me...plz. I very like Super Bomberman :((

Losk

« Reply #105 on: January 09, 2022, 08:51:00 pm »
Can i ask something about crash game? ..When i play any Super Bomberman ( all version SB 2-3-4-5..made by Hudsonsoft) ..it will be crash or black screen when i play about 1-2 min. I play it on Family Pocket FC3000 v2. Someone help me...plz. I very like Super Bomberman :((
Have you tried different roms of the same games? Sometimes this helps.

Losk

« Reply #106 on: January 09, 2022, 08:56:57 pm »
Hi mate,

Thanks again.

Any progress? I love the FC3000. It's so simple and reduced to the basics and it works just great. One of my favourite handheld systems. And I have started collecting in the early 2000s with the Gamepark GP32.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 08:59:31 pm by Losk »

hiredgun

« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2022, 12:37:50 am »
Has anyone been able to figure out anything on the wst files yet?? I have the FC3000 version that came with the Neo Geo emulator and as often happens, lol, it comes with all the games BUT my favorite!! I have been looking for anything on the net about wst files, but can't find anything at all related to gaming. If anyone has found anything out about these files so we can add more Neo Geo games to the console I would love to hear it!

stafall

« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2022, 03:28:33 am »
Have you tried different roms of the same games? Sometimes this helps.
i check many forum and download different roms of the same games ....but still not work. Someone try it and help me...plz..:(

aoa

« Reply #109 on: January 17, 2022, 09:06:09 am »
Has anyone been able to figure out anything on the wst files yet?? I have the FC3000 version that came with the Neo Geo emulator and as often happens, lol, it comes with all the games BUT my favorite!! I have been looking for anything on the net about wst files, but can't find anything at all related to gaming. If anyone has found anything out about these files so we can add more Neo Geo games to the console I would love to hear it!
I have decrypted the WST. Theses files have a header, and 3 sections: ROM, AVI Video and PNG image. ROM and Video are encrypted. For multifile Roms I found 2 types: CPS1 and NeoGeo. For CPS1, ROM section is the zip rom file. But with NeoGeo, the ROM is an structure with files (not zipped). There is a section in files that I am unable to figure what is... I every ROM the lenght and content of this seccion is different. This mean that by the way I cant create NeoGeo WST files. My apologies.

Losk

« Reply #110 on: January 17, 2022, 09:46:13 pm »
I have decrypted the WST. Theses files have a header, and 3 sections: ROM, AVI Video and PNG image. ROM and Video are encrypted. For multifile Roms I found 2 types: CPS1 and NeoGeo. For CPS1, ROM section is the zip rom file. But with NeoGeo, the ROM is an structure with files (not zipped). There is a section in files that I am unable to figure what is... I every ROM the lenght and content of this seccion is different. This mean that by the way I cant create NeoGeo WST files. My apologies.

Great discovery - thank you! Maybe we'll be able to create our own WST files at some point.

aoa

« Reply #111 on: January 18, 2022, 04:12:56 pm »

Great discovery - thank you! Maybe we'll be able to create our own WST files at some point.
I'm able to create WST files for every system but NeoGeo. I will release a program that can decrypt and encrypt WST files.

Losk

« Reply #112 on: January 18, 2022, 08:49:51 pm »

I'm able to create WST files for every system but NeoGeo. I will release a program that can decrypt and encrypt WST files.
Excellent!

Toniltd

« Reply #113 on: January 20, 2022, 07:02:23 pm »
Hello, first of all my congratulations, for the work done, they gave me the fc3000 last year and the truth is that I am very happy with it, I love messing around with the little machines.
I have opendingux installed since they released it and with a little patience and installing some bios that are missing in some emulators, many performance improvements are achieved, the only thing that is missing and I wanted to ask, if there is any way to get the video signal in opendingux to plug it into a TV, like it does in normal boot mode.
Thank you.

2blackbar

« Reply #114 on: February 07, 2022, 10:31:03 pm »
So are these emulators  gonna work on pocket 3000 ?
http://www.gcw-zero.com/downloads
theyre for dingux, menus are identical

VariGaucho

« Reply #115 on: February 14, 2022, 05:23:19 pm »
Hi everyboy. Thanks everyone who is making all this exciting modifications possible. I have my FC3000 (honestly I dont know if it is IPS or TFT) and I did flash the fc3000_v1_v2_flash file (steward-fu's one) in my MicroSD but it didnt work at all. My MicroSD stop working (My Laptop stop recognizng it) and even my usb port also stop working. Had to uninstall its controller and reinstall and only then the usb port came back to life. I tried with 2 differents micro SD cards and same result.
I'm using an old laptop with Windows 7 32 bits and Win32 DiskImager to flash the micro SD.
I want to keep trying, what should be my next step?
Thanks once again!

VariGaucho

« Reply #116 on: February 14, 2022, 05:25:46 pm »
PS: The 2 MicroSD cards I tried are both 2 gb and not so high quality.

VariGaucho

« Reply #117 on: February 14, 2022, 05:50:30 pm »
NEVER MIND what I wrote. I tried with a good quality 16 GB Micro SD Card and at least thet process finished with apparently no problem.

Now I have another problem :(  I put the flashed MicroSD on my FC3000 and I only got black screen, so I guess I have an IPS FC3000. Thing is that I removed that card and I put my old card back again but now FC3000 stills shows me nothing but the black screen. I guess it shouldnt happen since the old MicroSD card is the one that came from factory (a clone of that one) and just yesterday it work perfectly.

What would it be?

PS: Even sometimes now my FC3000 does not turns its green light on (it never happened before), so I switch it off and again on and then, in this second try, it gets its green light on (but still black screen).

VariGaucho

« Reply #118 on: February 15, 2022, 12:41:54 pm »
actualization: I found in the page 1 of this thread the solution to my problem. Thanks to Steward_Fu.

Steward_Fu (OP)

• Steward Website
« Reply #119 on: March 14, 2022, 12:44:56 am »
Long time no see.
I have published all of source code, which include UBoot, Kernel and Loader, in my GitHub
https://github.com/steward-fu/fc3000

And I would like to share a good news to you that there was a big progress on FC3000 IPS model.
Based on the efforts of kendling, the IPS screen can be controlled now.

Based on the results, it means Linux OS is possible to run on FC3000 with IPS screen.
Fore more detailed information, you can visit the forum: https://whycan.com/t_6647.html

If you have any question, it is very welcome to post on this forum, English is okay for us, don't worry :)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 10:02:45 am by Steward_Fu »

Post a new topic